Untitled Deathcore [GP5, GP4, MIDI] C4C?

PDA

View Full Version : Untitled Deathcore [GP5, GP4, MIDI] C4C?

AngrySockMonkey
05-13-2010, 04:16 PM
Unfinished.

Just wanted to post something. This is old now, but whatever. Influenced by Impending Doom partially, but not at all apparent in some riffs.

Solo is filler. I knew I wanted something there, so I just half ass-ed one, if I'm remembering correctly.

Yeah, there is lots of breakdowns. I like them. Big woop.

Stay br00tal gaiz. :D

[If time allows it, I will c4c]

lord_nosfuratu
05-13-2010, 04:45 PM
Sounds very Born of Osiris to me. Sounds good though, actually liked the addition of the keyboards to the song. Made it sound somewhat more original than most the "deathcore" songs people post on here. Fairly good song, kinda short, maybe a 7/10.

BKGMorley
05-14-2010, 09:15 PM
58 is sooo meshuggah

Nemesis@Germany
05-17-2010, 03:18 PM
i dont know how to start.. uh, well:

cool:
- very atmospheric intro with sitar and bells
- off beat creates interesting feeling (using the splash so often is pretty unusual), simple but effective drumming
- nice bass at bar 40 +
- bar 58+ groovy!

could be better:
- transition at bar 26
- running out of ideas in the solo? (bar 53+) sounds forced in the end
- bar 74 + sounds forced to me.. unnecessary time sig changes
- missing link at the end?

all in all it was ok, but it didnt make me bow for it.

AngrySockMonkey
05-21-2010, 03:52 PM
thanks for the crits, haven't been on in a while. anything to be returned?

corrda00
06-07-2010, 07:48 PM
Lovin the Polyrythm at the beggining.
Nice bass part at 41, it works really well.
Im not a huge fan of breakdowns, but you pull them off very well.
The time sigs at 74 sound really cool.
I aslo like the melody at 88.
and I like the ending riff.

Bar 21, most basses do not have whammy bars.
And sounds like there should be something more at the end.

pretty sick song man.

8.3141592653/ 10

AngrySockMonkey
06-07-2010, 07:51 PM
Bar 21, most basses do not have whammy bars.
And sounds like there should be something more at the end.

It's unfinished and that's an effect/sub drop. It wouldn't actually be played by the bass, I just didn't feel the need to add a new track.

frankibo
06-08-2010, 07:48 AM
I love the atmospheric intro and the groovey guitars. If i'm gonna be honest i wrote a song recently and your song influenced parts of it :)
I like the drumming at 22 and the next riff is pretty cool too. That short harmonized bit is good.
The lead bass part is an absolute stroke of genius, kudos there. I like the solo although it gets a bit dull towards the end. Breakdown is breakdown, it's heavy enough and does it's job. Ahh excellent, the atmosphere is back, i love it.
I really hate the next riff with the changing time signatures, i dunno what it is but it does nothing for me.
The next riff is terrible with the spamming bass drum until the awesome synth comes in which sort of rescues it. A better backing part and that would be colossal.
I quite like the last riff but it doesn't really fit in.
Over all it's a good song, the only bits i feel need changing are the time sig riff and the backing for the synth part aftyer that.

C4C? Any song that takes your fancy from the link in my sig

SexualPanda
06-11-2010, 02:49 PM
Its a pretty sweet song, i liked the solo. The intro keyboard is far too similar to Now Arise by Born Of Osiris though , its the exact same notes but a half step lower.

AngrySockMonkey
06-11-2010, 10:27 PM
Its a pretty sweet song, i liked the solo. The intro keyboard is far too similar to Now Arise by Born Of Osiris though , its the exact same notes but a half step lower.

No it isn't.

kylendm
06-12-2010, 12:47 PM
Yeah it is. The first two bars are the same.

ankthebank
06-12-2010, 12:57 PM
Haha, love the sitar at the start - fits very nicely... maybe have some indian classical intro before going into the actual piece? That would make it very different!

Some really nice riffs in there, wow! some of them are really crazy, i don't know how you'll record them... your fingers will melt!
The solo needs work, but i'm sure you can stick something really good there in time, and I like how you have experimented with the different time signatures near the end.. .definately need more of that

Keep it up!

C4C?
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1323721