PDA

View Full Version : Cosmic Typhoon, Death Metal [GP4, MP3] C4C

Nemesis@Germany
05-14-2010, 01:44 PM
Hey guys!
I recorded a song I wrote long ago..
Comments and crits are welcome!
Also listen to the Mp3 on my profile.
Profile (http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Nemesis%40Germany/)

Leave a link for C4C!

AngrySockMonkey
05-14-2010, 04:47 PM
****ING SICK! I hope you have a band, because this is exactly the type of thing that should be made in the death metal genre. Maybe there is just a handful of "true" death metal bands that I haven't found, because this actually surpasses most real death metal I've heard.

It's not straight up brutality and in-your-face non-stop blasting, which is good and bad. I think that this piece is extremely structured and the melody is impeccable, but it needs more intensity and heavyness in parts... well maybe not. The feel you were going for was accomplished I think..

This is just really good, I don't need to crit it.

C4C? Untitled Deathcore, should be on first page :)

JazzDeath
05-14-2010, 04:55 PM
Interesting piece man, liking it so far. Will crit as I relisten.

Intro part is simple but effective - I'd see a fade in but it's nice, and the drum fills in the second half are sweet.

Nice focus on drumming, I've always been a fan of that when it's well placed and this really adds to the tune.

The switch in feeling at bar 42 is slightly sketchy - It works, don't get me wrong, but it could work better.

Nice guitar leads afterwards, slightly dissonant yet it sounds great.

Switch at bar 58 is awesome, really liked the chance in feel there.

Slow down at 73 works rather well, nicely done. The next riff, I find the fade ins are a bit aggressive to the ears - perhaps only because of the tone in guitar pro, but it's slightly too loud I find.

Speed up doesn't exactly work as well, it's kind of sketchy coming back in.

Nice bridge at 107, loved the switch.

And my favorite part of the song, starting at bar 119 - I shit my pants, those chords are like a kick in the nuts with steeltoe boots. Epic =D.

Solo was... decent. I don't see it as necessary, but it didn't detract from the song... nor did it really add much to it. I'd say refine it and make it more interesting, because the placement works well and the idea is there, but it's kind of just tossed in there as a necessity right now, not as an embellishment to a solid song.

The last riff was really epic, I loved it... but lol, the ending... if you can call that an ending? Rather disappointing for such a solid song.

Overall I liked it, doesn'T reinvent the wheel but solid throughout, and nice drumming.

Could you crit my song Sensory Overload? Thanks man.

Nemesis@Germany
05-15-2010, 07:37 AM
Thanks for the feedbacks!
Yeah, the intro has to be a fade in. I just forgot it.
And I planned vocals for this song, they'll add a decent amount of heavyness and power to the feel of the song. So it may sound a bit vacant sometimes.

I'll crit your guys stuff tomorrow evenin'.

Nemesis@Germany
05-15-2010, 07:40 AM
And you guys really should listen to the mp3, sounds a lot better than midi imo. :P

Cafas
05-15-2010, 01:45 PM
****ING SICK! I hope you have a band, because this is exactly the type of thing that should be made in the death metal genre. Maybe there is just a handful of "true" death metal bands that I haven't found, because this actually surpasses most real death metal I've heard.

lmao, by far the funniest thing I've read today.

kcorkcar
05-15-2010, 01:51 PM
Sounded like you have some influences of melodic death and blackened.