Viking metalcore ??

PDA

View Full Version : Viking metalcore ??

windrider13
05-17-2010, 09:23 AM
Wsup. this is one of my bands songs. Its called Demons and Vikings. For those interested, my band's name is Narcissistic Tendencies With Delusions Of Granduer. yeah, i know. its a mouthful. Giv it a listen, let us know what you think

guitar ben94
05-17-2010, 12:52 PM
I liked the intro riff. And i loved the drum fill to introduce the drums and second guitar. Riff with drums and second guitar is solid and a good intro.

Second riff is quite generic(but still good) and the lack of transition sounds a bit weird. Might want to change that part. The riff with drums and second guitar makes it sound better.

What I assume is the Chorus is good. Quite catchy and don't know if there is going to be a vocalist, but vocals could go over nicely.

Transition into the 'verse' sounds better than the first time definitely. Solid riff still.

The start of the triplet riff thing sounds a bit weird. Might want to put a better transition in. Riff is good though. I liked the rhythm guitar. Rest of that solo is nice. Fitted well. I especially like bars 113-120.

Next triplet riff is good and a nice thing to end on.

Overall good song. Just sort a few transitions out.

Could you crit my song please? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1313574

brender
05-17-2010, 04:47 PM
i agree with ben,i'm not sure if this is what ben meant but the transition into the victorious march part needs to be better.Most parts of the solo are good but the other parts just sound very boring,for example bars 119-120 sounds repeditive.and then bars 121-136 are boring,there not much going on there.but overall i think you have a very solid song,it just needs some fine tuning.

here is mine: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1314063

windrider13
05-18-2010, 12:41 AM
Awesome. i'll check out your songs ASAP and get back to you guyz. up the Irons :headbang:

wannabe_punk
05-22-2010, 10:16 PM
at first i was like, viking metalcore? yeah right
but then i was like, VIKING METALCORE!!! \m/ >.< \m/

why did you change drum kits?

bullet_esp \m/
05-23-2010, 12:20 AM
Not gonna lie man, that was pretty sick!