Amputation - Surgical Torture

PDA

View Full Version : Amputation - Surgical Torture

DeathXGuitar666
05-18-2010, 12:12 AM
This is an origional song im working on for my song. its nowhere near complete im just looking for comments to see if its going in the right direction. ill take and appreciate any comment. Thrash death metal song

Schnecter
05-18-2010, 12:28 AM
My cpu won't play it. I tried vlc player

DeathXGuitar666
05-18-2010, 12:36 AM
i Dont see why it wont play?

BKGMorley
05-18-2010, 01:03 AM
hey man, i listened to this several times and to be honest its actually not that bad. but its not intense enough. ive done a re edit. not sure if you'll like it. ive added some bits here and there. but mainly ive changed the drums. also personally i think that second riff. the one with the palm mutes is just boring. the rest of it is brutal but the second riff is very generic.

I love the last riff. its so crazy and it goes all over the place. very very cool riff

let me know what you think man

BKGMorley
05-18-2010, 01:05 AM
I should also probably mention i took out the second half of the last riff. ops

ArreatsChozen
05-18-2010, 03:49 AM
The song is alright, but it's like your trying too hard to use odd time signatures. You need to actually have in your mind the sound you are looking for, not just put in a weird sig and conform music around it. The only real way to get better at this is experimentation, which I appreciate is what you are doing, so keep going mate.
But really, the 8/8 and stuff, why?
Yeah, and the drums do need to be more intense; I mean I don't play drums at all, but I can still compose a moderately decent drum line on guitar pro. Just chuck some 16th notes and some triplets and stuff in there and it will sound a lot better (perhaps even some double kicks).
And likewise for the guitar, perhaps make the palm muted opens triplets or 16ths.
Also seeing as how this is metal (or whatever sub-genre you identify with) I would recommend chucking in some dissonance. If you don't know what this is, pick up your guitar in standard tuning and play a power chord, but then play the higher note one fret down. You will notice a very melodiously lacking sound, however used in the right way it can be a very effective part of metal.

Keep going, and I would be interested to see where this goes (just for my own curiosity).

DragTheWaters11
05-26-2010, 08:28 PM
hey man, i listened to this several times and to be honest its actually not that bad. but its not intense enough. ive done a re edit. not sure if you'll like it. ive added some bits here and there. but mainly ive changed the drums. also personally i think that second riff. the one with the palm mutes is just boring. the rest of it is brutal but the second riff is very generic.

I love the last riff. its so crazy and it goes all over the place. very very cool riff

let me know what you think man
Drums sound better, much better

@Arreats.

It has nothing to do with trying to use odd time signatures, that's far from what the truth is. It's a matter of putting riffs that have been created by actually playing guitar, and then converted into guitar pro 5 so that it fits the song the way it was meant to sound.