New" Metalcore" song. GP5/C4C

PDA

View Full Version : New" Metalcore" song. GP5/C4C

bassburton
05-19-2010, 12:14 AM
So I've been working on yet another one of my "metalcore" songs, this one is a little more fleshed out and should ideally be complete in the next few days. The solo is relatively simple as I wrote it while jamming on the guitar (as with all of the song). Anyways, enjoy and C4C.

EDIT: I finally finished it. See post #10 for complete version

Autumnfallsbest
05-19-2010, 12:23 AM
sounds a bit too much like hourglass - lamb of god

bassburton
05-19-2010, 04:55 PM
How so? Did you listen to it? It sounds nothing like Hourglass.

QAZAR
05-19-2010, 06:49 PM
Yea... I didn't hear any hourglass at all.

Really good song man, no criticism from me. I'd like to see this live.

Autumnfallsbest
05-22-2010, 02:18 PM
beginning sounds like the interlude to hourglass

Radman_Paiza
05-22-2010, 04:32 PM
The only thing that bugged me with your song is the solo/speed-up. Instead of going up the scale, I personally think you should go back to the same chord of which you begun the solo. It sounds a little more natural.

The first riff was great, breakdown is nice and heavy.

It's good, man, I'm looking forward to the finished product!

I'd appreciate a C4C: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1315336

Good luck with the song!

guitar_jew
05-22-2010, 10:04 PM
This sounded a lot like a medley. Many of the riffs actually sound like they're beginning a new song, which isn't a bad thing, as all the riffs work together.

The first section might've been better with a vocal, but the bass line really helped to prevent it from getting boring. The breakdown in it was a bit sudden, and could use something of a transition.

The chords that ring out right before the second section (at 91) were great, and the cymbals right before it begins really add to the punch of the whole section. Best part of the song, in my opinion. I really like the chord section at bar 121. You should extend this whole section of the song, because it ends too quickly before going into the next part.

The solo isn't too out of place, but I feel like it's building up towards something thrashier than what I get, which is the outro riff. I really think you should replace this part with something else, or continue it on a bit after this. To me, the song doesn't feel over.

Other than the lackluster third and fourth sections, this is really great. I'd like to see more from you.

C4C? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1311400

Ometh
05-23-2010, 03:06 PM
This song is pretty awesome for a metalcore song, 8/10, also sorry but I cba atm to write a better review, maybe later. I was bored so I decided to change up the ending and add a little surprise :p: , hope you don't mind lol. I used the Radman_Paiza version with the edited ending riff.

bassburton
05-23-2010, 05:54 PM
Hahahaha. Oh wow man. The blastgnig actually fits pretty good too. Which is the funny part.

bassburton
05-29-2010, 11:53 PM
Well, here it is. Finished. Took a few weeks to come up with the end but I think it goes pretty well. Anyways, I'd like to hear your input on this and as always... C4C

kylendm
05-30-2010, 09:11 AM
Your file is corrupt man.

bassburton
05-30-2010, 01:04 PM
Really? Try it now. I re-uploaded it.

kylendm
05-30-2010, 02:02 PM
Still says corrupt

Ometh
05-30-2010, 02:13 PM
Like I promissed, here it is my full review. First riff is a little thrashy, at least the first part of it. Breakdown, kinda unecessary IMO, I would remove it, but I don't really like breakdowns so.Repetition of the intro riff, doesn't sound boring. Nice transition, and the next riff reminds alot of Death, along the awesome bass playing reminiscent of Steve DiGiorgio. The next tripplet riff is really awesome, I love it. The clean break and lead is pretty well executed, some parts of the lead remind me of Insomnium, it would fit pretty well on some song from Above the Weeping World. The next speed up riff is pretty cool, but sounds a bit awkward, I think you should use the edited version from Radman_Paiza, it sounds more natural, like he said. The outro riff is pretty cool also, and I like the use of odd time signatures. The next harmony is pretty awesome. I was not expecting the keyboard solo, it blew me away lol. The Final section is pretty well done and it's not overkill, it doesn't get boring. I like how at 283 the keyboard plays the same riff as the guitar. Nice ending.
Overall, this is one of the best metalcore songs that I have ever heard on this forum, nice job! 8/10

EDIT: loloops a mistake lawlcake

defiance64
06-03-2010, 10:05 PM
Don't know why, but it reminds me of Bury Tomorrow at the beginning. The chorus is like strong and I like the bass addlibs. The breakdown was pretty cool as well. When I hear one I always think of violent rape-type lyrics lol. Idk why. Transition was super weak... I don't know if there is mmuch that can be added to strengthen, it needs revamp. String skip riff is cools! The fast break is pretty cool I like how it becomes sort of dissonant on the repeat. The clean break is like so ESTK-esque it was cool. The solo seems uber empty I hope lyrics are layered over it. 179 IS SOOOOOO BFMV! and heavy. Except the fourth iteration. I love how it speeds up except the drums need to be like super epic while it speeds up to give it a more epic feel.