Prog Rock Collab Anyone ?

PDA

View Full Version : Prog Rock Collab Anyone ?

ultrasonic
05-19-2010, 10:47 AM
Hey guys :D ;)

Im hoping to do a collab for a Progressive Rock Song :D

Im Hoping this can break the 20 minute boundaries in vain of most Prog Rock bands :D

Feel free to start it off, if not I will ;)

Message here if you want to take part, and ill put your names in order of posts, and you can contribute in that order :D ;)

Thanks

Ultrasonic

P.s. This isnt prog metal. Prog Rock :D

ultrasonic
05-19-2010, 05:01 PM
Heya :D I made a piece to start it off :D Not actually sure how it sounds, so hopefully it sounds good :D ;) If possible, can someone export as a midi file :D <---Not just asking for the sake of it, i cnt hear what i make, and midi export wont work, Long story, cant be fixed :D ;)

Well here it is :D ;)

salamander121
05-19-2010, 06:13 PM
I'll add a part next and I'll edit once I'm done.

EDIT: Finished - added labels for parts/writers of the song and made a second verse through to a chorus. I'm a n00b at progressive rock but I suggest we move away from the current chorus :p: .

Take as much time as you need :cool: .

corrda00
05-19-2010, 08:19 PM
Well im a bit busy these days but I would love to help, I might be able to start working on a new part in about a weeks time. But other than that great job so far guys! I love the voice leading.

ultrasonic
05-20-2010, 04:36 AM
Hey, I added some bridge part after yours, and it wasnt really intended to be a chorus - verse set up, but i understand how it most likely seemed like it :D I just wanted to have some large instrumental chunks reminiscent of King Crimson, and I used the main part as a recurring theme. The reason it may sound a bit boring is because I cant actually listen to it myself, due to a midi output failure. So you'll have to tell me what sounds good, what doesnt, and what really doesnt sound good :D

Thanks

Ultrasonic

Edit: Ive added more, the new newer one is the bigger file ;)

salamander121
05-20-2010, 08:47 AM
Writing/editing next part. Will edit this post when I'm done :) .

EDIT: Added extended bridge and headed the song in a new direction. Also edited little things such as adding a bass part to your bridge etc.

EDIT 2: Just noticed I worked from the wrong file, I can either fit my new section around yours or vice-versa.