brownsville guitars

PDA

View Full Version : brownsville guitars

xVOMITx
05-19-2010, 11:38 AM
anyone know anything about them they look like cheap good guitars like this one for example

http://www.amazon.com/Brownsville-LC33-Electric-Guitar-Black/dp/B003EUG7DW/ref=sr_1_45?ie=UTF8&s=musical-instruments&qid=1274283246&sr=1-45 but dont wanna waist my money D:

sky interprise also http://www.amazon.com/Flying-Electric-Guitar-Stunning-Design/dp/B003I28ZZO/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&s=musical-instruments&qid=1274283842&sr=1-12

jfreyvogel
05-19-2010, 11:53 AM
Save more. You can get good cheap guitars, but in the majority of cases you end up wasting your money.

The only thing I have heard about Brownsville guitars is that they don't have good consistency from model to model. So one may be good, one may be awful. So if you were set on getting one, you should go to a Sam Ash (which I believe is their main distributor) and try them out.

Best advice though: Just wait until you can afford a better guitar.

justinbob33
05-19-2010, 11:57 AM
i bought the les paul style brownsville back 4-5 years ago and it's a pretty solid guitar in my opinion. it has a great blues/jazz tone in the neck and aclassic rock feel in the bridge pickup. i have a Dean Razorback V and a PRS Mark Tremonti Sig, but i still use that brownsville guitar for my blues and jazz. Sam Ash carries them as well. I'd vouch that its a pretty solid guitar brand from my experience

gregs1020
05-19-2010, 01:49 PM
i laughed at the irony of a brownsville guitar thread being started by a UGer named VOMIT.

that really sums it all up on the brownsvilles generally. i'm sure a decent one or two exist.

i'd look elsewhere if i were you TS.

Think Yamaha Pacifica.

fly135
05-19-2010, 02:08 PM
Back when I first started playing I went to Sam Ash and played all the acoustics. I bought a Brownville because it played the nicest in it's price range. But I doubt it has any resale value. No matter, I loaned it to my daughter and true to the nature of young people she managed to let it get stolen.

xVOMITx
05-19-2010, 05:29 PM
i laughed at the irony of a brownsville guitar thread being started by a UGer named VOMIT.

that really sums it all up on the brownsvilles generally. i'm sure a decent one or two exist.

i'd look elsewhere if i were you TS.

Think Yamaha Pacifica.

lol i dont have a job so yeah looking for the cheapest one thats best lol

gregs1020
05-19-2010, 05:31 PM
lol i dont have a job so yeah looking for the cheapest one thats best lol
that i get, which is why i rec'd the pacifica. also, what is on your local craigslist? or other used sites?