The Men's Fate (Iced Earth inspired)

PDA

View Full Version : The Men's Fate (Iced Earth inspired)

Tom Araya
05-19-2010, 06:37 PM
Hi to all of you! It's been a long time! And now I'm back with my new song in the style of my favourite band - Iced Earth. I've been listening to their 2007/2008 albums. So I've written a new song. Check it up and crit it please!
C4C as always!

For those of you who loves the band - I've dedicated this song!

huevos
05-19-2010, 07:39 PM
Wait a minute, aren't you...?
But your talking/typing properly! What is this trickery? Have you been neurosocialized back into civility?

I'm not an Iced Earth kinda guy, but this song was quite pleasant and well made. All the little nuances of the main riff are quite excellent.
The Verse riff(s) aren't all too exciting, but they get the job done. Nothing to be done here, as the Pre-Chorus, main theme (chorus), and solo riff are exceptionally strong.

Some parts of the leads in solo could use adjusting, like the galloping leads in bar 95. And that, "inappropriate", bend at 96 was not fitting. The galloping works if you add a 16th note C# to G# (mimicking the C#5) before the bend, and make that a half-step bend instead of a whole. It does wonders to the lead.

Aside from that, the only other reason I stopped this was to go back to a section that I really liked.

A damn good song, if I must say so myself. This is a strong song to return with.

Tom Araya
05-19-2010, 08:17 PM
Thanx man. I think I'll update the solo somehow. Maybe I need to rewrite it.

brender
05-19-2010, 08:57 PM
hey,just listened to your song and i loved it,i thought it was really well composed.when a song is this good it is hard to give crit but the only thing i noticed was the solo needs alittle bit of work but you said you might rewrites it so.

here is mine if you dont mind: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1314063

huevos
05-20-2010, 01:15 AM
No, don't rewrite it. Everything else works in context, you just need to add 2 more notes and change the pitch of the bend.

Tom Araya
05-20-2010, 04:58 AM
I've already added these things to solo and updated the song - check it.

Tom Araya
05-20-2010, 04:59 AM
hey,just listened to your song and i loved it,i thought it was really well composed.when a song is this good it is hard to give crit but the only thing i noticed was the solo needs alittle bit of work but you said you might rewrites it so.

here is mine if you dont mind: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1314063

Thanx for the crit man