Metalcore-ish GP5

View Full Version : Metalcore-ish GP5

05-19-2010, 07:07 PM
"When Lightning Strikes You Down, I'll Help You Get Back On Your Feet"
.midi and .gp5 zipped up.

C4C, of course, but tell me what you want criticized.

Stay generic, T&C.

05-19-2010, 07:24 PM
I like how dissociative the titles where. And the streamlined approach really helped propel the song foward.
I see that the purpose was to make a simple and effective -core song, but the drums in the verse/continuation were a bit boring.

Now the chorus is what really held my attention (which is kinda the purpose of a ****ing chorus!). Don't really need to say more here, aside from it being quite satisfying.

Filler section, with a bit adjusting, I think it can be more than filler. I know it's a joke, but it has potential. The same could be said for the rest of the song.

Kept making songs sir. Shit, if you got more, I'd love to hear them.

05-21-2010, 07:42 AM
Thanks for the crit on mine :)

i really liked your piece, i liked how the 2 guitars worked with each other, i would of really liked a solo in there woulda worked really well with the dissonant feel, also some of the drums where kind of boring at points, but nothing major, just a few tweaks and sorted, other than that i really enjoyed it, i liked the chorus alot, would of liked a more impacting finale aswell.
anyways put all that aside it was a great piece, nice up tempo song, would like to hear more from you mate, gj 7-8/10

05-22-2010, 04:55 PM
I like style you have in this. It sounds almost classical influenced in some parts. I would really love to see more things inthis style. Interesting contrapuntal some in some places.

05-28-2010, 10:38 AM
It's actually quite interesting, as mentioned before, the drums can get a bit boring, but that's nothing you couldn't fix. Aside from that, it's quite enjoyable to listen to, and makes a decent -core song.

I think if you went back over the drums and chucked them around about, with some fills, it would make the whole song seem a lot more full.

Again, as said before, the chorus is really good and enjoyable.

I think only really the repetitiveness catches you out, but I'm sure you can fix that.
Great job with it!