C4C - Tech-death piece (GP4/5)

PDA

View Full Version : C4C - Tech-death piece (GP4/5)

FrEaKGuItArIsT
05-20-2010, 12:49 PM
Newest song, just finished today; what do you think?
I know some of the transitions are a bit choppy (i.e.; faster sections to the chord riff),
but this is just the first finished version.

I'd love to have a solo in there somewhere, but I'm not really a "solo" guy, so if any of you have any ideas, I'd love to hear them.

C4C as always, any/all help is greatly appreciated :)

(The midi file was a bit too large, but I can have it up later if anyone wants it)

wannabe_punk
05-22-2010, 07:29 PM
very good, reminiscent of sound of perseverance

section C is a huge weak link. the whole thing sounds like it can't decide whether to be fast like section A or slow like section B. imo it should be faster, leaning more toward section A...fast, but not necessarily blast beat-fast. maybe use some tom fills instead of cymbals, or have the guitars do some galloping? or maybe section C is where you put the guitar solos...if someone happens to take an interest in writing them

Progbass92
05-25-2010, 03:04 PM
The song is a bit choppy and like wannabe punk said, it's like it can't decide whether or not it wants to be a faster song.

I think B is a much better part than Part A and you should scrap part A and try to work out B to be an intro. C is fine where it is, but I think it should be connected to part E in some way instead. The thing is, your structure is very disjointed and it messes up the flow of things.

Overall, you should probably scrap parts A and D and try and rework things to maintain the same feel through out the song, or maybe change the feel at the right points in the song. A solo would spice things up nicely too.
6/10 for me. Sorry, but there's always a way to improve.
C4C? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1315641

BKGMorley
05-26-2010, 01:38 AM
Section E owns metal man. i love it