Favorite Vocalist

PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Vocalist

dillon1022
05-21-2010, 08:25 PM
Who is Your Favorite Vocalist, and why?

Mine is Brad Arnold from 3 doors down because he really does justice to his southern accent, by singing the type of music that he does, rather than country music.

Leigh|esp
05-21-2010, 08:33 PM
Dax Riggs because hes vocals are sweet but somewhat haunting

EvilAngel93
05-22-2010, 11:58 AM
It's hard for me to pick a single guy since there are four vocalists that have been equally influential to me, but I'll describe one: Jesse Hasek from 10 Years. There's a certain emotion/vibe that he really puts into his music, and really balances between the powerful singing and the subtle, quieter-yet-still-cryptic vocals. Mainly I think he has an awesome vocal range and uses some great melodies, and is probably the most underrated vocalist in alt-metal nowadays. It's a tie between Jesse Hasek, Pete Loeffler (Chevelle), Layne Staley (Alice in Chains), and Chino Moreno (Deftones).

Rock-n-RollStar
05-24-2010, 08:06 PM
There's so many amazing singers, but if I had to choose it'd definatly be Kelly Jones... He's just got a really neat sound that's a little bit different then everyone else

JxD
05-24-2010, 08:23 PM
Dwid Hellion of Integrity (http://www.myspace.com/integrity) for being the only man capable of scaring me through a song.

Outerspacegrass
05-24-2010, 08:47 PM
Dax Riggs because hes vocals are sweet but somewhat haunting

agree with this.

neidnarb11890
05-25-2010, 11:29 PM
Morrissey, because he's Morrissey.

PhilLynott
05-26-2010, 11:21 AM
If I look away from just rock, metal and newer music, I will have to go with Marvin Gaye. :D Probably gonna get some laughs off that one, but listen to "Just to keep you satisfied" and tell me I'm wrong. He puts so much soul into it, that it's impossible not to feel what he sings.
Runner ups have to be Chico Moreno from Deftones and Team Sleep, Maynard James Keenan from A Perfect Circle and Tool and at last Phil Lynott of course from Thin Lizzy.

nashawa
05-26-2010, 11:36 AM
Dwid Hellion of Integrity (http://www.myspace.com/integrity) for being the only man capable of scaring me through a song.
Jake Bannon has never done that to you? Because I'm pretty sure I wet myself the first time I heard To the Lions.

MyJarOfFlies
05-29-2010, 01:53 AM
Layne Staleys my favorite but Chris Cornell is prabily one of the best ever. Listen to Hunger strike and tryn sing that...

1nSingularity
05-29-2010, 08:30 PM
Maynard James Keenan

The_Czar
05-30-2010, 08:14 AM
Layne Staley
Kurt Cobain (I know he isn't really a singer guy, but I like his voice)
Jim Morrison
Danzig
Matt Heafy
Phil Anselmo
Johnny Cash

mr gOiD
05-31-2010, 12:09 AM
Sully Erna is probably my favorite...he's not the best but his voice effects me better than anyone's. Im gonna have to agree strongly with the statement about Chris Cornell a few posts earlier..he wails, especially in his Temple and Soundgarden years.