Slash

PDA

View Full Version : Slash

C-note12
05-25-2010, 07:34 PM
What do you guys think of Slash;s new album. I have it. I like it. Your veiw?

Slash_is_a_God
05-25-2010, 07:36 PM
Best album he has been apart of to date. No contest. =D

britishsligean
05-25-2010, 07:40 PM
for a debut album it is amazing, there's only 1 or 2 track i personally do not like which are gotten and saint is a sinner to, but even those have parts i like, compared to the rest of my music collection it has to be one of my most listened to albums, and it was well worth the money

fatmanslim12
05-25-2010, 07:40 PM
Best album he has been apart of to date. No contest. =D
i mean its a pretty good album but are you seriously gonna try to say its a better album than appetite for destruction? it is not even close.

C-note12
05-25-2010, 07:42 PM
for a debut album it is amazing, there's only 1 or 2 track i personally do not like which are gotten and saint is a sinner to, but even those have parts i like, compared to the rest of my music collection it has to be one of my most listened to albums, and it was well worth the money
I agree. By the sword is awesome. back from cali awesome. watch this. nasty riff AWESOME.

zbest
05-25-2010, 07:45 PM
you get it by not double posting :)

Slash_is_a_God
05-25-2010, 07:45 PM
i mean its a pretty good album but are you seriously gonna try to say its a better album than appetite for destruction? it is not even close.

Appetite is significantly more popular and successful. Popular =/= Better.

His solo demonstrates his diversity as a musician, and his ability to play any style of music he wants to. Appetite doesn't quite showcase that.

Appetite showcases the music he is most known for at it's peak, hard hitting rock and roll, which in itself in amazing and unreal, and I'd own a hundred copies of it just to support what it represents.

Slash showcases a guitarist exploring his musical library, which, IMO, is more impressive than in your face rock and roll.

zbest
05-25-2010, 07:47 PM
appetite is more popular for a reason, its better. imo

Burgery
05-25-2010, 07:53 PM
I seem to be the only one that hates it. I really, really dont like it :shrug:

Duffman123
05-25-2010, 07:55 PM
It's pretty good. But it does get pretty boring to listen too after a few listens

Slash_is_a_God
05-25-2010, 07:56 PM
appetite is more popular for a reason, its better. imo

It's also difficult to compare an album that's a few months old to one that's a few decades old eh? :P

Also, Appetite was more popular because GnR hijacked Motley Crue's Girls Girls Girls tour and Aerosmith's (Curses, the specific tour escapes me).

Appetite for Destruction made GnR big for the same reason the Beatles became huge, good management. The Beatles paid screaming girls to attend their shows to get the crowd into the performance. The management team working on GnR at the time was able to market the album in a way that got it to #1 on the charts with a single (Sweet Child) simultaneously getting to #1.

Have patience, and we'll see what happens to the popularity of his Solo Album =)

carlos_almighty
05-25-2010, 07:58 PM
i absolutely love the album. it really shows how versatile he is, and while his playing style might seem different depending on the track, it retains that signature slash sound.

BrainDamage
05-25-2010, 08:33 PM
Take it to Modern Rock. Though there is a stickied Guns and Roses thread in 80s, so you can post there if you want.

***CLOSED***

:)