the biggest band destroyers

PDA

View Full Version : the biggest band destroyers

blackvein
06-03-2010, 07:18 AM
I started this post because my mate xXshadowswordXx has had his 3rd or so experience with someone who has basically destroyed every band he's been in i have been in a few of them...he either cant play the instrument he claims he can (guitar) he cant sing or he just blows off the band practice to talk with his girlfriend (who i might add he's never met in his life). So i was just wondering if anyone else has had band experiences with people in bands like this

--ESTRANGED--
06-03-2010, 07:22 AM
all the ****ing time dude, girlfriends are bastards when it comes to band practise, wither a member doesnt turn up, or they turn up WITH their girl. then its just a show off fest then. i hate it,

xXshadowswordXx
06-03-2010, 07:23 AM
this is true basically we will get everything sorted get a place to practice instruments tuned and PA's ready then he will call and say i gotta do this and that this makes it impossible to get anything done blackvein and i have shared this experience with him :/

darthluke1
06-03-2010, 07:23 AM
no. haha! If he couldnt(or can't) play or sing why'd you even have him in the band?

blackvein
06-03-2010, 07:25 AM
no. haha! If he couldnt(or can't) play or sing why'd you even have him in the band?

because he claimed that he could so we thought we'd try him out then it just went to hell so i just give in on him

Sandor138
06-03-2010, 07:27 AM
because he claimed that he could so we thought we'd try him out then it just went to hell so i just give in on him
how does trying out one person screw up a band?

xXshadowswordXx
06-03-2010, 07:30 AM

Because nothing gets done when he keeps leaving at the last minute it makes the whole band practice usless when u dont have a full band :/

blackvein
06-03-2010, 07:32 AM

because not many people here are into the type of music we are so its hard to find someone who plays an instrument (for us anyway) so with him claiming he can and looking for months for some one when he couldn't we just give in

loaded_
06-03-2010, 07:34 AM
I know a guy who's notorious around here for that reason. He now only starts bands with strangers because they don't know of his reputation. He claims to play drums, guitar, bass, keyboard and he sings, only because he has enough money to buy all the equipment. He acts like he's master of all of this but in reality he sucks at all of them, mainly because he can't spend enough time practicing them (duh..). He also has no musical knowledge whatsoever, be it about techiques or something else.

xXshadowswordXx
06-03-2010, 07:34 AM
because not many people here are into the type of music we are so its hard to find someone who plays an instrument (for us anyway) so with him claiming he can and looking for months for some one when he couldn't we just give in

yea and lackvein in the area were in its really hard to find a band mates because everyone is a guitarist and drummers, also the drummers are dicks xD

xXshadowswordXx
06-03-2010, 07:36 AM
I know a guy who's notorious around here for that reason. He now only starts bands with strangers because they don't know of his reputation. He claims to play drums, guitar, bass, keyboard and he sings, only because he has enough money to buy all the equipment. He acts like he's master of all of this but in reality he sucks at all of them, mainly because he can't spend enough time practicing them (duh..). He also has no musical knowledge whatsoever, be it about techiques or something else.

on ultimate guitar? wo he must have a crap social life if he can only go on sites and brag bout playing instruments to people he will never meet or know xD

blackvein
06-03-2010, 07:40 AM
on ultimate guitar? wo he must have a crap social life if he can only go on sites and brag bout playing instruments to people he will never meet or know xD

yeah that seems pretty low like

xXshadowswordXx
06-03-2010, 07:46 AM
looks ike theres a fair ammount of band destroyers peole have encountered lmao wonder if there are anymore thanks for making this post Blackvein :)

blackvein
06-03-2010, 07:48 AM
looks ike theres a fair ammount of band destroyers peole have encountered lmao wonder if there are anymore thanks for making this post Blackvein :)

no problem mate just wanted to see if there was anyothers like adam seems like there is

D.R_funk
06-03-2010, 12:43 PM
girls hands down destory bands

but i will also say jobs do it alot to bands i see...

also drugs and drinking do it in

stay awake
06-03-2010, 12:47 PM
The band is supposed to be the job..but anyway..yea ..girlfriends are bitches.

But what can you do..you can't just shove her off like that.

EvilAngel93
06-03-2010, 06:31 PM
In my previous band, my ex-girlfriend was actually in the band as the drummer; she got all pissy at me because I had joined a band, and she felt jealous. So, being the pushover sap that I was, I asked the lead guitarist to add her in on drums even though she had absolutely no experience. BIG mistake added onto a heap of others, which is why I quit.
It's either a girl, or a dic(k)tator. I've made a point of staying out of thrash metal bands because in my experience with them in my town, the singer or lead guitarist always attempt to force me to listen to music that completely contradicts where I am as a musician, yet reject my musical input when I offer it.
However, I think the worst aspect that can tear bands in two is delusions of grandeur. There's nothing worse than letting aspirations of being a "rockstar" delude a mind out of reality, especially when the band hasn't even practiced in months.

dillon1022
06-05-2010, 09:32 AM
also drugs and drinking do it in

100% true dude

CorvoMietitrice
06-05-2010, 08:42 PM
yea and lackvein in the area were in its really hard to find a band mates because everyone is a guitarist and drummers, also the drummers are dicks xD

dam u!! >=p haha my band needs both of those, a friend of myn got togather , he plays bass and i play guitar and do vocals, i cant multitask them though so thats y we need another guitarist XD hahaha, and my friend says he could try drums, but he makes no promises, haha (BTW he will fail miserably)

waxed_mustache
06-07-2010, 01:16 PM
music