Gibson top 25

PDA

View Full Version : Gibson top 25

rushpython
06-03-2010, 10:12 PM
While checking my email, I noticed that gibson did a top 50 guitarists list that seemed rather... lacking.

linky:
http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyle/Features/gibson-reveals-0528/

specifically i was wondering why Keith Richards got #3

and where the heck Satch was. or any of those awesome shredders were. :confused:

additionally kirk hammet, John Petrucci, alex lifeson, Kerry King, Dave Murray, Janick Gers, or Adrian Smith were.

You've seen my input.
what do you think?

swordsofplague
06-03-2010, 10:17 PM
ZOMFG WAT IZ SLASH DUING NAWT AT NUBMER 1???!!!

OT, I've seen a lot worse, but I've also seen a lot better. Any list where Keith Richards is higher than Eric Clapton is fail.

guitarsftw
06-03-2010, 10:18 PM
ALL lists are wrong
That is a fact

Artemis Entreri
06-03-2010, 10:23 PM
I think lists of "best players" are, pardon my frances, BULLSHIT. I am quite pleased that Segovia is getting some notice FINALLY. But really? He was a master of the guitar. 47th? Nah. You just can't order musicians like that.

rushpython
06-03-2010, 10:37 PM
your probably right artemis

they whould clump them as "good guitarist": ex: jimmy page, people in the opening post, and most of the list.

and the "bad guitarists": dude from nickleback

Phoenix Reborn
06-03-2010, 10:39 PM
It's Gibson...they only willp ut people that play or endorse Gibsons on thier lists. It's a marketing cmapaign nothing more.

Artemis Entreri
06-03-2010, 10:41 PM
It's Gibson...they only willp ut people that play or endorse Gibsons on thier lists. It's a marketing cmapaign nothing more.

For once actually though, there were quite a few non gibson players. Jack White, Stevie off the top of my head. I know there were more. I was rather surprised that it WASN'T all gibson players.

rushpython
06-03-2010, 10:45 PM
For once actually though, there were quite a few non gibson players. Jack White, Stevie off the top of my head. I know there were more. I was rather surprised that it WASN'T all gibson players.

yeah. that would be lame: the top 50 best gibson players. gilmore, satch, vai, andy timmons, paul gilbert, malmsteen, hendrix, EVH, all come to mind.

nashawa
06-03-2010, 11:32 PM
yeah. that would be lame: the top 50 best gibson players. gilmore, satch, vai, andy timmons, paul gilbert, malmsteen, hendrix, EVH, all come to mind.
You do realize That almost no one (possibly no one) on that list plays Gibson right? Or is that what you meant but you didn't explain it properly?

neidnarb11890
06-03-2010, 11:43 PM
While checking my email, I noticed that gibson did a top 50 guitarists list that seemed rather... lacking.

linky:
http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyle/Features/gibson-reveals-0528/

specifically i was wondering why Keith Richards got #3

and where the heck Satch was. or any of those awesome shredders were. :confused:

additionally kirk hammet, John Petrucci, alex lifeson, Kerry King, Dave Murray, Janick Gers, or Adrian Smith were.

You've seen my input.
what do you think?
A) Keith Richards is cool.
B) They're not on the list. Maybe when they're as cool as Keith Richards they can make it.

Ron Asheton, Lou Reed, and Johnny Marr made the list, so I'm fairly pleased. Always nice to see my favorite artists gettin' more credit than other people's favorite artists. :daisy:

rushpython
06-04-2010, 10:21 AM
i guess thats nice, but frikkin Kirk Hammett? epic fail

Section 5
06-04-2010, 01:21 PM
Surprised that Slash wasn't number one actually, which he tends to be on most of these lists.

guitarsftw
06-04-2010, 01:30 PM
i guess thats nice, but frikkin Kirk Hammett? epic fail
Hammett is one of the most influential guitarists of all time, for him not to be on there would be a fail.

And, no, I'm not a fanboy, it's been a long time since I've listened to Metallica, but if you try to deny that Kirk helped change rock music and was/is a major influence to countless musicians, then you are an idiot.

rushpython
06-04-2010, 01:32 PM
thank you very much!

now we all know gibson should go back to work making guitars, and make me a sammitch dammit! im hungry!

Blompcube
06-04-2010, 02:08 PM
i'm quite glad to see keith richards so high up there. i'm not a big fan of the stones as such, but keith richards is a great guitarist, sure all he really does is takes off the low E string and then tunes to open G and plays barre chords, but that works exceptionally well for the music he plays, simplistic or not. It sits in the background filling out the sound and complimenting the rest of the instruments very well.

I don't think the list is taking into account people who can melt your face off with a br00talz 40 minute shred solo, it's meant for innovators - that's why van halen is the only "shredder" in that list that i'm aware of.

that's funny :haha: i take it you don't know much about any of these guitarists in the list? i think there's only about 10 guitarists in there who i would say are best known for playing gibsons.

IRISH_PUNK13
06-05-2010, 02:29 AM
I'm actually quite happy with that list. I've never seen Lou Reed on any great guitarist lists before. He deserves it too.

rushpython
06-05-2010, 03:50 PM
whos lou reed?

nashawa
06-05-2010, 07:26 PM
whos lou reed?
:haha
Dude, just leave.

neidnarb11890
06-06-2010, 12:57 AM
Looks like someone ain't cool...

nashawa