Def Leppard!

PDA

View Full Version : Def Leppard!

volvogia
06-23-2010, 01:41 PM
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk192/Battered_N_Broken/DefLeppard2.jpg

I am a HUGE Def Leppard fan! I saw them live back in 2007 while on tour with REO Speedwagon and Styx. They were awesome!!! I didnt see a Def Leppard thread made and they are one of the most popular bands of the 80's.

Please post everything you like/dislike (idk how you could dislike haha) about Def Leppard here!

SeriousMan
06-23-2010, 01:44 PM
Doesn`t Def Leppard have a one-armed drummer?

volvogia
06-23-2010, 01:45 PM
Doesn`t Def Leppard have a one-armed drummer?

Yes sir they do. Rick Allen is the drummer. He lost his arm in a car accident. Had a Corvette and hit a guard rail and lost his left arm.

Peultye
06-23-2010, 01:47 PM
I saw them in 2008 at ArrowRockFestival in Nijmegen (Holland) they were awesome.

SeriousMan
06-23-2010, 01:50 PM
Yes sir they do. Rick Allen is the drummer. He lost his arm in a car accident. Had a Corvette and hit a guard rail and lost his left arm.

How does he manage drumming? Can`t imagine him doing blastbeats.

volvogia
06-23-2010, 01:54 PM

Umm he has a special setup on his foot pedals im pretty sure. I dont know exactly how it works. I think he plays his left arm parts with his left foot.

SeriousMan
06-23-2010, 01:58 PM
Umm he has a special setup on his foot pedals im pretty sure. I dont know exactly how it works. I think he plays his left arm parts with his left foot.

Thats hilarious and sad. I`ll check them out a bit more, didn`t listen to them that much since I was a kid. I just have to see that special drumming technique.

RetroGunslinger
06-23-2010, 02:00 PM
def leppard are the sex! pyromania is one of the greatest albums ever

volvogia
06-23-2010, 02:02 PM
Thats hilarious and sad. I`ll check them out a bit more, didn`t listen to them that much since I was a kid. I just have to see that special drumming technique.

They are my favorite band from the 80's. I know a lot about them. I really wish Steve Clark wouldn't have died of alcoholism. Steve was such a great guitarist and i think that Vivian Campbell (the guy who replaced him) isnt as good. Vivian came from Dio but i guess Dio and Vivian didn't get along very well haha. Go figure.

volvogia
06-23-2010, 02:03 PM
def leppard are the sex! pyromania is one of the greatest albums ever

Hellz yeah man!!! Pyromania and Hysteria are the best albums hands down!

SeriousMan
06-23-2010, 02:07 PM
Hellz yeah!

monwobobbo
06-24-2010, 07:07 PM
like their early stuff mainly the first two albums and some of pyromania. saw them in 80 opening for Scorpions and again in 83.

volvogia
06-25-2010, 01:09 AM
like their early stuff mainly the first two albums and some of pyromania. saw them in 80 opening for Scorpions and again in 83.

Thats awesome! Wish i could have been alive and gone to seen that!

phreewil
06-25-2010, 07:36 AM
Brilliant band. Loved the Hysteria Album.. Pyromania too..

Steph Bets
06-25-2010, 08:58 AM
love em. first four albums rocked. then... not so much. rip steve clark.

bbetances
06-25-2010, 09:04 AM

Dunno if its 100% accurate, but in the movie Hysteria (think thats what it was called) they showed how he had to have a special electronic kit set up and he played the parts with his foot. He had like 3 or 4 extra foot pedals to various things.

volvogia
06-26-2010, 10:38 PM
Dunno if its 100% accurate, but in the movie Hysteria (think thats what it was called) they showed how he had to have a special electronic kit set up and he played the parts with his foot. He had like 3 or 4 extra foot pedals to various things.

Yeah i have that movie downloaded. Its called "Hysteria, The Def Leppard Story". For those of you who havent seen it, you really need to. Its a great movie. Idk if the foot pedal thing is 100% accurate either but i would think it would have to be very close.

bbetances
06-26-2010, 10:40 PM
For those of you who havent seen it, you really need to. Its a great movie.

x2. Have to say though, the last time I saw it was when it came out on VH1 9 years ago. Haven't really listened to them that much since.

volvogia
06-27-2010, 02:57 AM
x2. Have to say though, the last time I saw it was when it came out on VH1 9 years ago. Haven't really listened to them that much since.

Well i can understand why. They are a older band and after so long, i guess they slowly fade away. I mean AC/DC is now fading away and they were HUGE. I love all the 80's rock/metal bands but idk how they can be fading... In my opinion, we wouldn't have the good music that we have today if it wasn't for the 80's bands. I mean just look at the new bands and look at who their inspirations were. I guarantee you guys that 90% of the bands today have at least 1 80's band that inspired them. Now that is saying something. I want to try and bring back the 80's music but its real hard. I need everyone to try n help!

J-Smack
07-01-2010, 09:39 PM
Have to point out, folks, that they are indeed a great band...from the 80s. I believe there is another forum/subforum for this. Most likely, there is already a thread in the 80's forum for Def Leppard.

Steph Bets
07-02-2010, 01:22 AM
Have to point out, folks, that they are indeed a great band...from the 80s. I believe there is another forum/subforum for this. Most likely, there is already a thread in the 80's forum for Def Leppard.
well, they formed in 77 and released their first EP in 78, and i think the cut off point is 84 so....... i dunno. kinda a grey area.

EDIT: First album was 1980, ep was 78

BrainDamage
07-02-2010, 02:01 AM
EDIT: First album was 1980, ep was 78 As per the rules, the time frame we use on this site is 1955-1984.

Carry on, folks.

:)

ron666
07-03-2010, 06:28 PM
I like Def Leppard, especially their classic stuff like Pyromania, Women, Photograph,etc, but I think that some people criticize them for having albums that were overproduced. What does everybody else think?? Are they overproduced??

ron666

Steph Bets
07-03-2010, 07:23 PM
I like Def Leppard, especially their classic stuff like Pyromania, Women, Photograph,etc, but I think that some people criticize them for having albums that were overproduced. What does everybody else think?? Are they overproduced??

ron666
i definetely agree. have you listened to on through the night and high and dry? love those albums, so raw and energetic yet totally sing-along-able. i can't stand their stuff after hysteria to be honest.

ron666
07-04-2010, 07:26 PM
i definetely agree. have you listened to on through the night and high and dry? love those albums, so raw and energetic yet totally sing-along-able. i can't stand their stuff after hysteria to be honest.

Yeah, I agree. On through the Night and High and Dry were raw and gr8, but they became more and more over-produced as the 80s went on.

ron666

GuitarManNeil
07-15-2010, 03:19 PM
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk192/Battered_N_Broken/DefLeppard2.jpg

I am a HUGE Def Leppard fan! I saw them live back in 2007 while on tour with REO Speedwagon and Styx. They were awesome!!! I didnt see a Def Leppard thread made and they are one of the most popular bands of the 80's.

Please post everything you like/dislike (idk how you could dislike haha) about Def Leppard here!

I'm a big Def Lep fan and have been for many years!

What I like about them is their catchy songs, the production, and I also think they're really nice guys who work hard and who are not full of ego and who are not messed up by drink and drugs (sadly, for Steve Clark, that was another matter...).

Downsides? Well not many, but I do wish they would do longer guitar solos on some of their records perhaps. They have Phil Collen and Vivian Campbell, both amazing players, and it would be nice to extend the solos on some of their songs as most Def Leppard solos tend to be quite short.

Also, it would be nice if Vivian Campbell let himself loose on the fretboard a bit more. He was one of the best shred guitarists of the 80s and seems to be playing down nowadays.

But I love the band, a really classic band who never fail to write great, feel-good rock and nice ballads too. They have meant a lot to me over the years.

volvogia
11-15-2010, 02:51 PM
I'm a big Def Lep fan and have been for many years!

What I like about them is their catchy songs, the production, and I also think they're really nice guys who work hard and who are not full of ego and who are not messed up by drink and drugs (sadly, for Steve Clark, that was another matter...).

Downsides? Well not many, but I do wish they would do longer guitar solos on some of their records perhaps. They have Phil Collen and Vivian Campbell, both amazing players, and it would be nice to extend the solos on some of their songs as most Def Leppard solos tend to be quite short.

Also, it would be nice if Vivian Campbell let himself loose on the fretboard a bit more. He was one of the best shred guitarists of the 80s and seems to be playing down nowadays.

But I love the band, a really classic band who never fail to write great, feel-good rock and nice ballads too. They have meant a lot to me over the years.

You are 100 percent correct. Def Leppard does need longer solos and Vivian is not playing like he can. Hes and amazing guitarist. Phil is my idol when it comes to guitarist though. I just love his playing. He amazes me every time he picks up that guitar