Gotoh vs. TonePros

PDA

View Full Version : Gotoh vs. TonePros

Dr.Tong
07-23-2010, 01:16 AM
so im either going to get a Gotoh Tune-o-matic from Stew Mac or a TonePros Tune-o-matic from GuitarCenter. the Gotoh is about 25$ cheaper, including shipping/HST/duty
does this reflect the quality or are they about the same in terms of quality?

jscomposer
07-23-2010, 01:36 AM
Gotoh. It's cheaper, gets the job done just as well, plus it's easier to flip the saddles in case you need more room for intonation.

With Tonepros, it's sorta convenient to be able to remove all the strings and not have it fall off, but it adds "tone" and sustain much the same way placebos make people feel better. ;)

Tackleberry
07-23-2010, 08:30 AM
The gotoh is is just as good quality wise as the tonepros. Your paying for the set screws they install.

I drilled and tapped 2 holes in my gotoh and put in set screws which locks it just as solid as the tonepros.

CorduroyEW
07-23-2010, 02:00 PM
Like the others have said, the gotoh is just as good in terms of quality.

Dr.Tong
07-23-2010, 05:00 PM
groovy, thanks guys
one quick question though, how do you pronounce "gotoh"?

Shinozoku
07-24-2010, 03:31 AM
Go-toe.

And I say :Gotoh TOM and taipiece, TonePros locking studs for great Classic paul vibe with modern niceties.

Dr.Tong
07-24-2010, 12:28 PM
what are these locking studs you speak of?
im guessing they lock onto the actual bridge itself, but other than the bridge not being able to fall off, what are the benefits?

CorduroyEW
07-24-2010, 01:07 PM
^it locks the strings into the bridge so that they don't "slip". On a TOM I don't see any need for them. IMO, you only need a locking bridge if you have a term and then it still may not be needed.