The Dream The Chase

PDA

View Full Version : The Dream The Chase

Disturbed_EMG
07-28-2010, 08:17 AM
The Dream The Chase - Chosen (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hf1LOkQ0SF0&feature=related)

So, I found this Post-Hardcore band the other night and got totally hooked on their music.
The singing is pretty awesome, really compliments the music, and the occasional screams are somewhat impressive too.

I just bought their EP and I'm eagerly awaiting it's arrival.

Ascendant
07-28-2010, 08:53 AM
Generic *core band #76482, wooo...

Disturbed_EMG
07-28-2010, 09:19 AM
Perhaps, but they sound mad.

skilletrocks12
05-23-2011, 12:34 AM
saw the play live on saturday night and when they supported skillet in brisbane wednesday the 26th of january 2011 the tivoli they sound the same live. they were epic. :peace:

punkforlife93
05-23-2011, 12:40 AM
Is it just me or has the definition of post-hardcore been bastardized beyond all recognition? Not saying the band is bad, just saying that it is nothing like actual post-hardcore...

Amuro Jay
05-23-2011, 02:04 AM
Is it just me or has the definition of post-hardcore been bastardized beyond all recognition? Not saying the band is bad, just saying that it is nothing like actual post-hardcore...
Happens with lots of genres, really.

I'm listening to the song Who is Alone and it has like, no core elements at all (but what can you do?). Then the breakdown comes in with the screams. It feels kinda out of place, to be honest.

Seriously, I think they could make a pretty decent rock band if they dropped the whole "I'm trying to fit into the scene" act. Take out the breakdowns and screaming and who knows what could happen. I mean, it is catchy. Unfortunately, that would make them uncool with the scene kids.

Listening to another song now. When You Sleep. Just like before, the songs could probably sound better without the unnecessary breakdowns and screams.

smokeysteve22
05-25-2011, 03:17 PM
Seriously, I think they could make a pretty decent rock band if they dropped the whole "I'm trying to fit into the scene" act.

What a load of bullocks.

They could just be making music THEY enjoy.

Love how everyone hates on this genre with 'generic' bands like newer Rock/Alt rock etc. is something completely unique, lots of rock is churned out 'generic' riffs, same with metal.

Lets just wank off the pentatonic scale shall we?..

There a decent post hardcore band and I like them.