How much does a custom made Jackson cost?

PDA

View Full Version : How much does a custom made Jackson cost?

bartnijman
08-11-2010, 09:45 AM
Hi there,

At the Jackson guitar site, you can build your own guitar. And if you print out what you want, you can take that print to a Jackson dealer, and they will make your own guitar.

I was wondering how much that costs.

The guitar that I want will be something like this:

-Neck-through-body
-Normal guitar (no lefty or 7-string or anything like that)
-Dinkey or King V design (I don't know yet)
-Alder body wood

-Jackson style neck
-Reversed headstock
-Mahogany neck
-Ebony fingerwood
-24 Jumbo frets

-Any Floyd Rose bridge (don't know yet)
-Locking nut
-Jack at the top of the body

-Humbucker-single coil-Humbucker setup
-Seymour Duncans
-1 volume and 2 tone knobs
-Any 5 way switch
-Killswitch button

-Any 'front-and-back' graphic

I hope that someone has an idea of how much this would cost. If I forgot the put something in the list that is nececary to know, just tell/ask me. TY

PS: Any advise on what top wood on the body I should take. Or is top wood not nececary/good?

polishedbullet
08-11-2010, 09:54 AM
That seems like a fairly basic store model Jackson with exceptions to a couple part.s You could probably just get a non-Custom Shop one like that for ~$1000.

In regards to your electronic setup, I'd take out the middle pup and just make it a 3-way switch. And just have 2 volumes and 1 tone, so you could eliminate the need for a whole killswitch and could just imitate it with the 3-way.

cedricsmods
08-11-2010, 09:55 AM
At the Jackson guitar site, you can build your own guitar. And if you print out what you want, you can take that print to a Jackson dealer, and they will make your own guitar.

I was wondering how much that costs.

The guitar that I want will be something like this:

-Neck-through-body
-Normal guitar (no lefty or 7-string or anything like that)
-Dinkey

I hope that someone has an idea of how much this would cost.Why not ask a Jackson dealer instead of a bunch of random schmucks on the internet who quite likely (a) don't use the same currency as you, and (b) are fourteen.

If you are putting a graphic on it, I would not bother with a top.

Matt420740
08-11-2010, 09:56 AM
What is the point of making duplicate threads? Especially when you are getting plenty of answers in the other one.

Ascendant
08-11-2010, 10:09 AM
In regards to your electronic setup, I'd take out the middle pup and just make it a 3-way switch. And just have 2 volumes and 1 tone, so you could eliminate the need for a whole killswitch and could just imitate it with the 3-way.
That is a really horrible idea. Not only does it wear on the switch a lot, it's not convenient, and if you've ever actually played something fast that needs a killswitch you'd know this is not a good way to do it.

connorhxcchaos
08-11-2010, 10:16 AM
theyre usually about $5000ish or more depending on all the specialities i guess.
The standard is mahogany for tops, and there is a reason for that, holds the sustain and has a nice tone while not being that heavy.

Roc8995
08-11-2010, 11:30 AM
Please don't open more than one thread on the same topic.