What about Mott the Hoople?

PDA

View Full Version : What about Mott the Hoople?

jonnycrue1985
08-11-2010, 01:32 PM
Perhaps they are one of the greatest bands ever to play.
It sucks,everybody these days doesnt know anything about them,or that they exist
theyre greatest hits album changed my life,especially Saturday gigs,Roll away the stone,and Honaloochie boogie.Ian hunter is one of the best frontmen ever!

monwobobbo
08-14-2010, 09:25 PM
huge fan. All The Way From Memphis, Walking With A Mountain, Violence etc all great songs. mick ralphs (later of bad company) got his start with them.

Blompcube
07-21-2011, 01:54 PM
yay, mott the hoople :D

i saw the first show of their reunion tour - or should i say, their first "warmup" show, in monmouth. it had it's ups and downs - they played well but the sound went terrible every time ian hunter played piano - for some reason that piano sounded muddy as hell in the mix - i think it was the sound engineer's problem, rather than the band's problem, though.

monwobobbo
07-21-2011, 08:36 PM
yay, mott the hoople :D

i saw the first show of their reunion tour - or should i say, their first "warmup" show, in monmouth. it had it's ups and downs - they played well but the sound went terrible every time ian hunter played piano - for some reason that piano sounded muddy as hell in the mix - i think it was the sound engineer's problem, rather than the band's problem, though.

wow very cool,now there's a show that i'd like to see. was it all the original members?

Blompcube
07-22-2011, 07:26 AM
wow very cool,now there's a show that i'd like to see. was it all the original members?
it was mostly all original members although martin chambers from the pretenders had to stand in for dale griffin, who apparently did make an appearance later on in the tour but wasn't able to manage a full set - i can't remember exactly why. so martin chambers stood in for most of the tour and played the whole set when i saw them.