Last Chance to Reason

PDA

View Full Version : Last Chance to Reason

LightxGrenade
08-21-2010, 05:44 PM
Found this band recently on myspace. Pretty cool stuff, they got a somewhat unique sound. If I were to compare it to anything, I'd say it's a more metalcore version of Cynic. Got some synthesizer in there, from what I've heard they have a lot more clean vocals than growling or screaming which is a welcome change if you ask me. I figured I'd just give some people a heads up on what seems like a decent band. They don't have too many songs up but they seem like a band that in a couple of years will be one of the better, more unique ones out there.

scaryfried
08-22-2010, 06:05 AM
link?

AsILayDying05
08-25-2010, 04:53 PM
some of there vocals remind me of BTBAM. they sound sick though for sure! Really progressive and they have a unique sound. Sorta Djenty also.

ohh heres the link.. http://www.myspace.com/lastchancetoreason

WillVol
05-22-2011, 11:36 AM
Wow, I don't forum much but all the LCTR threads on UG tear this band a new one! Whether or not people like it I think they deserves SOME recognition, Level 2 is a very interesting and impressive concept album.

I was wondering if there are any tabbers out there who would want to give any of their new stuff a shot? I would love to try to learn it but it would take me foreverrr to try to tab this stuff out. If someone wants to try I would appreciate it very much!

Anyways, I think this band is awesome and hope we can turn this thread into a positive one about the band and get some actual conversations going. If you haven't heard them give them a listen:

http://www.myspace.com/lastchancetoreason

technicolour
05-22-2011, 04:06 PM
last chance to suck my dick

RiffYourFaceOff
05-22-2011, 05:32 PM
I just started listening to them about a week ago. I enjoyed Level 2, I'll have to check out Level 1 soon. Cynic is definitely a huge influence of theirs.

Jango22
05-22-2011, 06:18 PM
Level 2 is a damn good album, I'd love to see these guys live with BTBAM.

Annihilator666
05-22-2011, 09:11 PM
Last Chance To Reason are one of the few "newer" bands that I actually enjoy. Saw them live with The Contortionist in March, they put an incredible live show. Level 2 is one of my favourite albums of the year so far.

WillVol
05-28-2011, 11:43 AM
It's good to hear other people like them as well! Their first CD definitely isn't bad, but their new singer Mike takes the new CD to the next level.

Anybody interested in trying to tab some stuff out? I would love to learn prototype or temp files but don't have a 7 string yet!

tancanada
05-28-2011, 12:51 PM
Whoa, this is really good. Those vocals are awesome.

Annihilator666
05-29-2011, 07:59 PM
It's good to hear other people like them as well! Their first CD definitely isn't bad, but their new singer Mike takes the new CD to the next level.

Anybody interested in trying to tab some stuff out? I would love to learn prototype or temp files but don't have a 7 string yet!
I had no intention of tabbing anything, but I was going to try and figure some of their songs out. If they're easier than they sound/looked live (highly unlikely), than I might submit something.

Pat_s1t
05-29-2011, 10:37 PM
I wasn't impressed by Level 1 a whole lot, but Level 2 was ****ing brilliant. I was blown away at the difference a couple years between releases made.

androidkaita
05-29-2011, 11:13 PM
Sooooooooooo good! Love portal and Temp Files

WillVol
06-03-2011, 04:56 PM
Last Chance To Reason are one of the few "newer" bands that I actually enjoy. Saw them live with The Contortionist in March, they put an incredible live show. Level 2 is one of my favourite albums of the year so far.

That would be ****ing awesome, I'm not the best at tabbing but I have a good ear for hearing if things are wrong and then figuring them out. I'll help as much as i can!

Yeah the jump from level 1 to 2 is unreal! At first my favorite song was temp files but after many listens Prototype is definitely my favorite. I normally like the intensity screaming adds to this type of music but the clean singing throughout is amazing, the screaming really takes a back seat. Also dirty nasty riffage.

WillVol
06-03-2011, 04:58 PM
haha shiiit I totally quoted your wrong post Annihilator666! You get what I meant though :haha:

Dregen
06-03-2011, 05:08 PM
Listened to it. Pretty boring.

Annihilator666
06-03-2011, 06:17 PM
haha shiiit I totally quoted your wrong post Annihilator666! You get what I meant though :haha:
:haha That's okay, I knew which post you were referring to. I'm going to go through a couple of songs and see which one's the easiest, then start on it. If I do figure a few songs out, I'll more than likely post them on my Youtube channel.

GodofCheesecake
06-03-2011, 06:32 PM
I like the first half of the album, but the second half is pretty weak in my opinion. Portal and The Parabolic stick out as pretty bad.

Annihilator666
06-03-2011, 06:43 PM
The Parabolic is probably my least favourite track on the album, but I still enjoy it.

I usually listen to Level 2 from start to finish though, it's very rare that I put on a track or two and then switch to something else.

WillVol
06-03-2011, 11:31 PM
Yeah it is a concept album meant to be heard as a whole. Dregen, I don't know how you find it boring lol but to each their own.

Also I may be biased because I really want to learn this song, but I definitely think Prototype would be one of the easier ones off the cd to tab. Check it out.

Waterboy799
06-03-2011, 11:49 PM
i've been listening to Level 2 for the past month or so and i think it's a fantastic album, i'm glad i found them.

Dregen
06-04-2011, 06:20 PM
Yeah it is a concept album meant to be heard as a whole. Dregen, I don't know how you find it boring lol but to each their own.

Cheesy sounding synth, the "spacey" feel, the slow post-Colors BTBAM sounding riffs; I don't really care for any of it. Don't care for the signing either, or the lack of any real buildups. It flows but it all all sounds the same and stale.

Annihilator666
06-05-2011, 06:06 PM
Also I may be biased because I really want to learn this song, but I definitely think Prototype would be one of the easier ones off the cd to tab. Check it out.
Right now, it's between Portal, The Linear, The Prototype and Apotheosis. I've figured out a few riffs from all of them, but no "real" progress so far. This would be a lot easier if the songs were shorter :haha

GodofCheesecake
06-05-2011, 08:07 PM
Hopefully they play more of the first half during the Animals as Leaders tour. Although I'm sure they'll at least do stuff like Temp Files, Programmed For Battle, Upload Complete, etc. Wow, these song titles are cheesy haha. I'll be surprised if they play anything from Lvl 1.

Annihilator666
06-05-2011, 08:30 PM
When I saw them a few months ago, (I think) they played every song off of Level 2 except for The Linear, The Parabolic and The Prototype.

GodofCheesecake
06-05-2011, 08:35 PM
How good were the vocals live? Because Portal sounds like it would be pretty awful live if the vocals were even slightly off.

sg_man08
06-05-2011, 09:09 PM
Dis band iz so brutalz! 1 ov my favoritz!!1!111!

Annihilator666
06-05-2011, 09:26 PM
How good were the vocals live? Because Portal sounds like it would be pretty awful live if the vocals were even slightly off.
They were pretty much spot-on the entire set. Mike's an insanely good singer and vocalist in general.

WillVol
06-13-2011, 06:34 AM
haha I hear that, they're definitely hard songs to figure out. Do you use Guitar Pro? If so post what you have even if it's really rough and I'll try to keep it going!

Right now, it's between Portal, The Linear, The Prototype and Apotheosis. I've figured out a few riffs from all of them, but no "real" progress so far. This would be a lot easier if the songs were shorter :haha

Axendancy
07-25-2011, 12:27 PM
Level 2 is better than your mum's lasagne. The Parabolic is atrocious though.