Foxy Shazam

PDA

View Full Version : Foxy Shazam

slorggetti
08-25-2010, 08:10 PM
EE OOH AH a BIGGITY BIGGITY BOO (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOVJ2cWHOcA)

EndTheRapture51
08-25-2010, 08:51 PM
I saw a band called Foxy Shazam live supporting Lostprophets tonight.

They got booed off stage.

Worst band ever.

lookpizza
08-25-2010, 09:04 PM
Foxy Shazam is a lot fvcking better than Lost Prophets. FACT

tancanada
08-25-2010, 10:05 PM
I saw a band called Foxy Shazam live supporting Lostprophets tonight.

They got booed off stage.

Worst band ever.

You kidding me? They're great

SeveredSurvival
08-25-2010, 10:22 PM
this sounds like really fun music.

nashawa
08-25-2010, 10:43 PM
You kidding me? They're great
Yeah, but, he went to a Lostprophets concert...

technicolour
08-26-2010, 12:13 AM
sounds like ska

EndTheRapture51
08-26-2010, 04:03 AM
The band was booed off stage. You dont know how much of a dick the singer is, it was ridiculous. He was tryting to tell awful jokes on stage, started smoking in between a song and recieved a fine, was bottled and booed. The music sounded quite good, but they need to lose the singer, he is a complete egoist.

They had just finished a song, and he went "Sometimes I wish I had a mirror on stage so I could look at myself whilst I sing" and he just got booed off and walked off stage.

And Lostprophets old stuff is just mental and amazing, you cant say stuff like Godzilla, Shinobi, We Still Kill The Old Way and To Hell We Ride is bad.

Cmon: Foxy Shazam are awful: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFt3OqmGSbI

tancanada
08-26-2010, 08:34 AM
That's just his attitude, have you seen other live vids of them? He acts all 'extravagant' all the time, it's just how he is

catalyst329
08-26-2010, 12:44 PM
I really dont like their new stuff. "Introducing" was a great album

nashawa
08-26-2010, 12:53 PM
Lostprophets suck, but that wasn't my point. The point was I doubt Lostprophets fans would like this music.

And you said "worst band ever" and "the music was quite good," so obviously even you aren't sure what the hell you're talking about.

EndTheRapture51
08-26-2010, 12:54 PM
I should have said "worst live band ever" because of his attitude. Y'know how like Axl Rose can ruin GnR?

Anyway the frontman just said "Sometimes I wish i had the mirror onstage so I could see how I look when I sing".

Attack! Attack!, the other support were a hell of a lot better.

Why are they even in this forum?

lookpizza
08-26-2010, 02:17 PM
Foxy Shazam is a lot fvcking better than Attack Attack as well.
You should just stop talking.

nashawa
08-26-2010, 02:30 PM
I should have said "worst live band ever" because of his attitude. Y'know how like Axl Rose can ruin GnR?

Anyway the frontman just said "Sometimes I wish i had the mirror onstage so I could see how I look when I sing".

Attack! Attack!, the other support were a hell of a lot better.

Why are they even in this forum?
Wait, so you think GnR would be good if they had a different singer?

Bitch, you must be trolling.

EndTheRapture51
08-26-2010, 02:37 PM
Foxy Shazam is a lot fvcking better than Attack Attack as well.
You should just stop talking.

Attack! Attack!, not Attack Attack!.

Attack! Attack! are actually a pretty good band.

But honestly why a Foxy Shazam here, they are not hardcore :/

nashawa
08-26-2010, 02:39 PM

Attack! Attack! sucks an equal amount as their synthy namesake. They're completely awful.

asator
08-26-2010, 02:44 PM
Attack! Attack! sucks an equal amount as their synthy namesake. They're completely awful.
Definitely not as bad as the American one.

lookpizza
08-26-2010, 03:01 PM
I honestly had no idea there was two different attack attack bands (who the **** does that?), either way they both suck, and Foxy Shazam is pretty cool. Also they belong in this forum more than any other forum.

Zycho
08-26-2010, 05:01 PM

Their new stuff ain't hardcore but Flamingo Trigger is definitely a hardcore album.

nashawa
08-26-2010, 05:59 PM
Definitely as bad as the American one.
My thoughts exactly.

asator
08-26-2010, 06:19 PM
My thoughts exactly.
http://images.starcraftmazter.net/4chan/for_forums/oh_you.jpg

tancanada
08-26-2010, 06:34 PM
What do people have against this band? I almost see them as a modern day Queen; fun, quirky and not to be taken seriously

nashawa
08-26-2010, 06:37 PM
What do people have against this band? I almost see them as a modern day Queen; fun, quirky and not to be taken seriously
You don't take Queen seriously? They were incredible.

tancanada
08-27-2010, 08:36 AM
You don't take Queen seriously? They were incredible.

No I do. What I'm saying is that people should view Queen the same way they should view Foxy Shazam.

technicolour
08-27-2010, 10:42 AM
the frontman is a flaming homosexual??

The Spoon
08-27-2010, 11:29 AM
This thread man...LMAO

nashawa
08-27-2010, 12:31 PM
the frontman is a flaming homosexual??
If you're not careful he'll make a supersonic man out of you.

Lt.DanHasLegs
08-27-2010, 10:05 PM
I'm just sayin, to the people new to foxy, you need to hear this song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxZOUpbjk3I

It will change your life. It's meant to be taken light heartedly. but it's pretty damn energetic. Make sure you hear the whole thing. Their new albums are like they're trying to be serious but they had a good thing going with this crazy shit they were doing on this album

lordofthefood1
08-27-2010, 10:21 PM
I'm just sayin, to the people new to foxy, you need to hear this song.

It will change your life. It's meant to be taken light heartedly. but it's pretty damn energetic. Make sure you hear the whole thing. Their new albums are like they're trying to be serious but they had a good thing going with this crazy shit they were doing on this album
It's horrible and my life has not been changed. I want three and a half minutes of my ears back. I seriously think it is the worst thing I've heard in my entire life.

Kyle<3
08-27-2010, 10:22 PM
I thought the part of the song TS is referring too was.. cool.

But... nahh.

Lt.DanHasLegs
08-27-2010, 10:26 PM
oh come on, it can't just be fun? It's certainly original, I think it's great for what it is. very spazzy. just enough of the gimmicky stuff

Okeefe Is Legit
08-27-2010, 10:28 PM
I don't believe in bands that eat cigarettes onstage.

nashawa
08-27-2010, 10:40 PM
I'd rather listen to Blood Brothers or Daughters.

Kyle<3
08-27-2010, 10:40 PM
oh come on, it can't just be fun? It's certainly original, I think it's great for what it is. very spazzy. just enough of the gimmicky stuff

I think there's a point where it gets original to the point of dissonance... wait.

nashawa
08-27-2010, 10:41 PM
I think there's a point where it gets original to the point of dissonance... wait.
That sentence doesn't make sense.

UntoExistence
08-27-2010, 10:53 PM
:haha:

tancanada
08-27-2010, 11:12 PM
Fuck you guys

UntoExistence
08-27-2010, 11:14 PM
this band sucks. i couldn't even get past like 30 seconds

nashawa
08-27-2010, 11:17 PM
Yeah, it's like Andrew WK went "I wanna be in Psyopus"

lookpizza
08-27-2010, 11:19 PM
Yeah, it's like Andrew WK went "I wanna be in Psyopus"
... how does that not sound like it would be cool as ****?

UntoExistence
08-27-2010, 11:19 PM
now that on the other hand, might be awesome.

tancanada
08-27-2010, 11:20 PM
Yeah, it's like Andrew WK went "I wanna be good"

Fixed
Besides Psyopus is like, pseudoscenegrind crap

Kyle<3
08-27-2010, 11:26 PM
That sentence doesn't make sense.

Mmmm that was the point.

nashawa
08-27-2010, 11:27 PM
... how does that not sound like it would be cool as ****?
Because Andrew WK sucks. Sucks hard.

EDIT: What did you say about PSYOPUS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Mmmm that was the point.
Somehow, I believe it's more accurate that you just messed up your sentence.

tancanada
08-27-2010, 11:29 PM
Dey aint good. I love me some grindy stuff but I've just never been able to get into Psyopus

nashawa
08-27-2010, 11:29 PM
It what universe is Psyopus grind?

UntoExistence
08-27-2010, 11:30 PM
you've listened to ideas of reference?

nashawa
08-27-2010, 11:31 PM
I own it. I also listen to more grind than any other genre. Sorry if I don't think there are many similarities between Psyopus and Discordance Axis.

lookpizza
08-27-2010, 11:32 PM
HEY HEY HEY WAIT A GODDAMN MINUTE! Andrew WK is awesome.

UntoExistence
that was @ tanner
FUCKING NINJAS

tancanada
I classify Psyopus along with Danza, which is scenegrind. They're similar in my ears
EDIT: HOLY MOTHER OF MY MOTHER QUIT POSTING SO FAST

nashawa
08-27-2010, 11:33 PM
I classify Psyopus along with Danza, which is scenegrind. They're similar in my ears
HeavyHeavyLowLow and Psyopus don't sound similar.

I'd just say Psyopus are super technical, dissonant metalcore. Or the M-word

UntoExistence
08-27-2010, 11:33 PM
what about SYNT?

tancanada
08-27-2010, 11:34 PM
Well what's TTDTDE then?
SYNT is sceeniegrind too.

nashawa
08-27-2010, 11:35 PM
Well what's TTDTDE then?
TTDTDE is much less chaotic, but yes, similarities exist I guess.

UntoExistence
08-27-2010, 11:38 PM
you better tell dave he fucked up in the rec thread :haha:

nashawa
08-28-2010, 12:14 AM
I did, actually. A while ago.

EndTheRapture51
08-28-2010, 04:36 AM
I am astounded people find this band better than Lostprophets.

asator
08-28-2010, 11:05 AM
Going to ignore everything on this page except Andrew W.K.

Andrew W.K. rules.

It's the hardcore forum though :p:

I actually like some Lostprophets, in a pop rock kind of way. But I wouldn't have expected them to be popular in here.

catalyst329
08-28-2010, 01:41 PM
Im telling you introducing was a great album. its not really hardcore but its still got alot of energy and its real catchy. Their new album however is different, i dont like their new sound at all.

EndTheRapture51
08-28-2010, 02:59 PM
It's the hardcore forum though :p:

I actually like some Lostprophets, in a pop rock kind of way. But I wouldn't have expected them to be popular in here.

Some of Lostprophets is pretty heavy though.

Start Something is probably a defining album for my generation, at least in Britain.

asator
08-28-2010, 03:04 PM
Some of Lostprophets is pretty heavy though.

Start Something is probably a defining album for my generation, at least in Britain.
Well I'm guessing you're probably about my age, and I'm from Britain, and I wouldn't say it's a defining album for our generation :shrug:

EndTheRapture51
08-28-2010, 04:33 PM
I'm 18 and from Britain.

Everyones gone to Lostprophets gigs.

Everyone knows most of the songs off that album: Last Train Home, Burn Burn, Make A Move etc.

I think for the alternative UK scene it's pretty important, not to mention all the new bands make a name touring with Lostprophets. They are pretty important for UK Rock in the past decade.

asator
08-28-2010, 04:41 PM
I'm 18 and from Britain.

Everyones gone to Lostprophets gigs.

Everyone knows most of the songs off that album: Last Train Home, Burn Burn, Make A Move etc.

I think for the alternative UK scene it's pretty important, not to mention all the new bands make a name touring with Lostprophets. They are pretty important for UK Rock in the past decade.
I'm 17 and from Britain. Barely anybody I know's seen them. The only song out of those I really know is Burn Burn. :shrug:

EndTheRapture51
08-28-2010, 04:51 PM
I'm 17 and from Britain. Barely anybody I know's seen them. The only song out of those I really know is Burn Burn. :shrug:

Everyone I know who is into rock music has seen Lostprophets at least once. There are people I know who are not even massive Lostprophets fans who has seen them 2 or 3 times :O

I also don't see how you can't have heard Last Train Home, it was a chart hit.

I dunno, it may be an Essex thing, but on my last.fm network so so so many people have seen Prophets live

asator
08-28-2010, 05:17 PM
Everyone I know who is into rock music has seen Lostprophets at least once. There are people I know who are not even massive Lostprophets fans who has seen them 2 or 3 times :O

I also don't see how you can't have heard Last Train Home, it was a chart hit.

I dunno, it may be an Essex thing, but on my last.fm network so so so many people have seen Prophets live
I've heard it and seen it on TV, but I don't exactly "know" it.

And I suspect it is an Essex thing. I know about 4 or 5 people who've seen them.

lookpizza
08-28-2010, 07:34 PM

Thats cause Lost Prophets suck.

tancanada
08-28-2010, 08:32 PM
I think for the alternative UK scene it's pretty important, not to mention all the new bands make a name touring with Lostprophets.

Like Foxy Shazam! Who knew!

scaryfried
08-28-2010, 09:07 PM
wow this band sucks. didn't see anything redeeming about either of the two songs posted.

also, i wouldn't call danza scenegrind. heavyheavylowlow is scene grind, psyopus is more like mathy metalcore, along the lines of ion dissonance maybe, but with less breakdowns. i'd say that ion dissonance bridges the gap between psyopus and tony danza.

nashawa
08-28-2010, 09:10 PM
THANK YOU. Glad I'm not the only one who thinks so.

lookpizza
08-28-2010, 09:15 PM
wow this band sucks. didn't see anything redeeming about either of the two songs posted.

Considering the 2 songs posted were the same song with just different videos, I don't think you really gave them a very good listen.

scaryfried
08-28-2010, 09:19 PM
there was a new song posted as well.

have they got any better songs than the ones posted?

lookpizza
08-28-2010, 09:38 PM
Both songs posted were "No Don't Shoot" unless upon searching this thread twice over I'm still missing it.
I like this song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CnMPSijA3Q&feature=related

Flamingo Trigger reminds me of The Matches and I used to be a big Matches fanboy, so I guess I'm kinda biased, either way this band is still better than Lost Prophets and I will stand by that til the day I die.

brad5992
08-29-2010, 12:13 AM
I dont like this band.

lordofthefood1
08-29-2010, 04:06 AM
I'd rather listen to Blood Brothers or Daughters.
I forgot about how much I hate them.. I think this band is worse though..

nashawa
08-29-2010, 12:50 PM
Blood Brothers is awesome d00d. I just meant it seems like this dude is trying to copy vocal stylings. Don't be dissing the Brothers or the Daughters, mkay?

lookpizza
08-29-2010, 02:05 PM
Blood Brothers is awesome d00d. I just meant it seems like this dude is trying to copy vocal stylings. Don't be dissing the Brothers or the Daughters, mkay?

He's clearly trying to copy the vocal stylings of Shawn Harris, and on the newer cd Freddie Mercury.

nashawa
08-29-2010, 02:08 PM
Yeah, I guess I see the Matches influence, which would explain why this band sucks so much as well.

synestershadows
11-23-2010, 04:22 PM
EEH OOH AAH, BIGGITY BIGGITY BOO!

Love this band!

snipelfritz
12-20-2010, 03:37 PM
I've only listened to Introducing, and I fail to see how these guys are hardcore. They definitely have aspects of Post-Hardcore. They're kind of like Man-Man meets At The Drive-In meets Electric Six with just a little of Scissor Sisters(their less disco-ey stuff). Due to this refusal to be labeled, I'm going to claim this thread as a branch of the Alt & Indie forum. Muhahahahahaha!!!!!!!

Yeah, these guys seem like they'd be awesome live. I checked their tour listings and it looks like they're completely avoiding Chicago/Milwaukee. :( but Sauget, Illinois? WTF?

synestershadows
12-20-2010, 04:38 PM
I've only listened to Introducing, and I fail to see how these guys are hardcore. They definitely have aspects of Post-Hardcore. They're kind of like Man-Man meets At The Drive-In meets Electric Six with just a little of Scissor Sisters(their less disco-ey stuff). Due to this refusal to be labeled, I'm going to claim this thread as a branch of the Alt & Indie forum. Muhahahahahaha!!!!!!!

Yeah, these guys seem like they'd be awesome live. I checked their tour listings and it looks like they're completely avoiding Chicago/Milwaukee. :( but Sauget, Illinois? WTF?
Listen to Flamingo Trigger.

EndTheRapture51
12-20-2010, 05:22 PM

They got booed off when I saw them live, their singer really rubs people up the wrong way.

synestershadows
12-20-2010, 05:36 PM
They got booed off when I saw them live, their singer really rubs people up the wrong way.
Dude, no offense but the crowd at that show was full of dumbasses. He's supposed to be like that.

rocketfalls
12-20-2010, 09:13 PM
That doesn't mean everyone's gonna appreciate it.

snipelfritz
12-21-2010, 01:09 AM
That doesn't mean everyone's gonna appreciate it.
Prince got booed off the stage when he opened for The Rolling Stones, and Prince is awesome(realizes this might be the wrong place for this analogy).

EndTheRapture51
12-21-2010, 05:36 AM
Dude, no offense but the crowd at that show was full of dumbasses. He's supposed to be like that.

The show was a Lostprophets show.

Lostprophets are basically a pop rock band who are essentially quite serious about the music.

Noone appreciated some joker talking instead of playing music, smoking INSIDE THE VENUE just to show off, and talking about how he sometimes wants a mirror on stage so he can watch himself sing.

synestershadows
12-21-2010, 07:15 AM

Lostprophets are basically a pop rock band who are essentially quite serious about the music.

Noone appreciated some joker talking instead of playing music, smoking INSIDE THE VENUE just to show off, and talking about how he sometimes wants a mirror on stage so he can watch himself sing.
They were dumbasses to take him seriously.

phoenix_crush
12-21-2010, 09:46 AM
They were dumbasses to take him seriously.
Agreed. Music doesn't always have to be super serious. Those dudes need to lighten up.

I've never heard this band.

synestershadows
12-21-2010, 05:10 PM
I've never heard this band.

InstantAXonHero
12-21-2010, 09:57 PM
I can see the lyrics and I can hear the music, but I'm pretty sure I must be reading the wrong lyrics cause I can't understand a word he is saying.

synestershadows
12-21-2010, 11:49 PM
I can see the lyrics and I can hear the music, but I'm pretty sure I must be reading the wrong lyrics cause I can't understand a word he is saying.
You just described the majority of hardcore/metalcore/deathcore.

Bottled Ink Co.
12-22-2010, 05:22 PM
Just checked out this band thanks to this thread (I'm a little behind, I guess) and I love it. Well, the new album is pretty meh to me, but I really like what I've heard from Introducing and Flamingo Trigger.

snipelfritz
12-22-2010, 05:40 PM

Can we all collectively point and laugh at this?

It's rock n' roll, brah. It's subversive. Sadly, subversive has become easier to attain in recent years because of tight-asses who want to ruin the fun for the rest of us.

brad5992
12-22-2010, 06:16 PM
I dont like this band

InstantAXonHero
12-22-2010, 09:12 PM
Ditto.

EndTheRapture51
12-23-2010, 02:13 PM
Can we all collectively point and laugh at this?

It's rock n' roll, brah. It's subversive. Sadly, subversive has become easier to attain in recent years because of tight-asses who want to ruin the fun for the rest of us.

I'm not sure what you saying.

But I dont smoke, and on the topic of smoking, I don't want to be in a smoky venue inhaling other peoples smoke which is harming my own body, think it's just fair to ban it inside and public tbh for the people who prefer not to do it.

Nitrate
12-23-2010, 03:11 PM
Self Titled is way better than Introducing or The Flamingo Trigger. Ya'll are wack!

lookpizza
12-23-2010, 03:24 PM

But I dont smoke, and on the topic of smoking, I don't want to be in a smoky venue inhaling other peoples smoke which is harming my own body, think it's just fair to ban it inside and public tbh for the people who prefer not to do it.

Yes I'm sure one person smoking in a large venue (which I'm assuming it was considering Lost Prophets were headlining) is going to be super harmful for you. The point is the dude likes to uphold an image of not giving a ****, and you're just being a baby about it.

loxer
12-23-2010, 04:07 PM
Foxy Shazam > 90% of music discussed in this sub forum.

lookpizza
12-23-2010, 04:27 PM

What a stupid thing to say.

brad5992
12-23-2010, 06:48 PM

No

Bottled Ink Co.
12-23-2010, 09:51 PM

One person smoking on-stage is not going to magically transform the place into a "smoky venue". No worries, your precious lungs will remain pure and undefiled!

I think Eric is awesome, though. When I hear that some Lostprophets fans booed him offstage for lighting a cigarette and joking about wanting a mirror, it's just funny. The mental image of an outraged teeny crowd is hilarious.

soccermom
12-23-2010, 09:58 PM
I thought this was 3 Inches Of Blood when I opened it. Boondock Saints sucks willy. This band sound a lark. My opinions.

Zycho
12-24-2010, 04:57 PM
Flamingo Trigger is a brilliant album. I don't get the rest.

technicolour
12-24-2010, 06:24 PM
whenever I see this thread I think "Boxxy brown" who is much cooler:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0agW0CBv1zw&feature=related

synestershadows
12-24-2010, 08:30 PM
No that's just dumb. Even though I like Foxy, that is just a ridiculously stupid thing to say.

-tempest-
12-25-2010, 04:35 AM
all i have to say is the lostprophets were good on their first and second releases. i love both records but now the band sucks, but they didn't always suck. as for this one, i clicked the thread and was appalled by the first page. never did listen to the band its about.

Edit: this band is terrible. id rather listen to brokencyde or pop country. yeah i went there.

EndTheRapture51
12-25-2010, 08:13 AM
all i have to say is the lostprophets were good on their first and second releases. i love both records but now the band sucks, but they didn't always suck. as for this one, i clicked the thread and was appalled by the first page. never did listen to the band its about.

Edit: this band is terrible. id rather listen to brokencyde or pop country. yeah i went there.

First two albums were amazing, third album dropped the ball a bit but sitll had some really good songs, fourth album picked the ball back up.

-tempest-
12-25-2010, 08:52 AM
meh i didn't like what i heard, i just like to leave them dead.

sjones
12-26-2010, 09:51 AM
"No, Don't Shoot", the video/song posted, was meh, ok. Overall though, I thought this band was just crap.

But, then after taking a peek at the rest of their stuff, it's actually not too bad.

shavorules42
12-30-2010, 12:37 PM
i liked the band better when they didn't take themselves as seriously like on flamingo trigger. i feel like i should support them though because theyre from ohio like me

steve_muse
01-18-2011, 04:48 PM
I love this band. The Flamingo Trigger, Introducing and Selt-titled are all brilliant albums.

Unknown Fear
06-07-2011, 01:50 AM
Their last album was my favorite and I hate that hardcore shit. These dudes need to release another album soon, I'm itching for new material.