Woe, Is Me

PDA

View Full Version : Woe, Is Me

tancanada
09-02-2010, 12:20 AM
Can someone PLEASE for the love of -core tell me why everyone is shitting themselves over this band? I've brought this up before but I feel like this warrants a whole thread for it's discussion because it's so fucking annoying.

technicolour
09-02-2010, 12:25 AM
band is beyond shit
singer sounds like mCR
there's 7 people in this band, what the hell???

that's 7 too many

Okeefe Is Legit
09-02-2010, 12:25 AM
My friend put them on my ipod like a month ago and I still haven't listened to them.

saxaxe
09-02-2010, 12:27 AM
Agreed. They're pretty boring. Even by nu-metalcore standards. I don't get the hype.

Thebiz
09-02-2010, 12:29 AM
Same, my friend thinks these guys are amazing...I listened to their album and every song is pretty much the exact same. Overdone.

Floyd93
09-02-2010, 12:31 AM
God this band is terrible.

bluedude426
09-02-2010, 12:31 AM
I kind of like the new album. Nothing too special though.

tancanada
09-02-2010, 12:35 AM
It's beyond ridiculous though. They do NOTHING original at all. Not one thing. This wouldn't bother me if it wasn't so painfully generic.

cob666
09-02-2010, 12:36 AM
i like the production, does that count?

Fadetoblack5:03
09-02-2010, 12:44 AM
Not only do they sound like shit, they looks look even worse.
Edit: I've noticed that core bands don't look "metal" at all. I mean, look at the old school metal bands, even some of the newer ones (Pantera, Metallica, Death, Slayer, Slipknot, etc) look like they belong in the genre they are playing. I'm not saying you have to look the part to sound good, just some bands look how you expect them. These guys just look like seven more loser who couldn't decide if they wanted to be emo or gay.

SeveredSurvival
09-02-2010, 12:46 AM
Fuck this band, I don't know how they got big so fast.

SGplayer1991
09-02-2010, 01:01 AM
could be worse...they could be Brokencyde :shrug:

saxaxe
09-02-2010, 01:10 AM
Edit: I've noticed that core bands don't look "metal" at all. I mean, look at the old school metal bands, even some of the newer ones (Pantera, Metallica, Death, Slayer, Slipknot, etc) look like they belong in the genre they are playing. I'm not saying you have to look the part to sound good, just some bands look how you expect them. These guys just look like seven more loser who couldn't decide if they wanted to be emo or gay.
Wait, what?

SeveredSurvival
09-02-2010, 01:11 AM
I'd rank them and brokencyde on the same page. Autotune, attack attack inspiration, you know this band has a lot of potential but they threw it away.

EDIT: Most hardcore bands look more "metal" than metal bands.

WHY THE FUCK DO THEY HAVE SEVEN MEMBERS?! IM SO SICK OF BANDS LIKE THIS.

Kyle<3
09-02-2010, 01:25 AM
Yea... boring...

Thebiz
09-02-2010, 01:49 AM
....I enjoy For The Likes of You and Mannequin Religion off the new album, and the Jonny Craig guest appearances. But I am aware it is generic sceney core.

Okeefe Is Legit
09-02-2010, 02:08 AM
I'm proud to say I've finally grown out of bands like this.

SeveredSurvival
09-02-2010, 02:20 AM
Just listen to Bane. All day, everyday

Okeefe Is Legit
09-02-2010, 02:34 AM
^ meh I'll stick to Norma Jean for that.

oh, and by the way since the thread got closed...

I like kissing men when I'm drunk.

sig'd

SeveredSurvival
09-02-2010, 02:35 AM
but bro, it ain't sigged!

Okeefe Is Legit
09-02-2010, 02:36 AM
when I looked it was. Maybe another mod unlocked it again?

SeveredSurvival
09-02-2010, 02:36 AM
i mean, you didn't sig it. :P

Okeefe Is Legit
09-02-2010, 02:39 AM
hahah well I'm still thinking about whether I want to flaunt your homosexuality around this forum or not :p:

SeveredSurvival
09-02-2010, 02:41 AM
I enjoy naked men parties, nothing wrong with that man.

tancanada
09-02-2010, 08:36 AM
You're just asking for it, dude.

UntoExistence
09-02-2010, 08:54 AM
i agree with boyan. nothing wrong with the male form.

SeveredSurvival
09-02-2010, 10:58 AM
I have a girlfriend :p:

Nothing wrong with spreading some male love though as Joe said.

nashawa
09-02-2010, 01:24 PM
I mean, look at the old school metal bands, even some of the newer ones (Pantera, Metallica, Death, Slayer, Slipknot, etc)
Ummm.... alright.

Banjocal
09-02-2010, 01:33 PM
http://img.youtube.com/vi/E4iJ4CjHdsw/0.jpg
gay.

heard them; singer is whiny. why 7 members? i mean slipknot had several instruments (counting vox and turntables) but these guys must have at least 3 guitarists then??? whats the point? im surprised theyre not wearing masks.

theyre worse than mcr by far...

asator
09-02-2010, 06:33 PM
:haha: I love it when metal kids wander in here at random.

Okeefe Is Legit
09-02-2010, 06:59 PM
http://img.youtube.com/vi/E4iJ4CjHdsw/0.jpg
gay.

heard them; singer is whiny. why 7 members? i mean slipknot had several instruments (counting vox and turntables) but these guys must have at least 3 guitarists then??? whats the point? im surprised theyre not wearing masks.

theyre worse than mcr by far...

5 second research claims they have a singer, a screamer, two guitarists, a bassist, a keyboardist, and a drummer. Slipknot's line up is still the most retarded.

Banjocal
09-02-2010, 07:05 PM
5 second research claims they have a singer, a screamer, two guitarists, a bassist, a keyboardist, and a drummer. Slipknot's line up is still the most retarded.

if your band has more than 5 members, then yeah, the lineup is probably gounna get called that :haha: :p:

tancanada
09-02-2010, 07:09 PM
My band has 6 kids :<

Okeefe Is Legit
09-02-2010, 08:08 PM
My band has 6 kids :<

Congrats, you're either in:

a trendy electronica chug band

****ing crazy tech metalcore band

:p:

tancanada
09-02-2010, 08:22 PM
Congrats, you're either in:

a trendy electronica chug band

****ing crazy tech metalcore band

:p:

Eh we lean more towards the first one than the second :cry:

Okeefe Is Legit
09-02-2010, 08:26 PM
Eh we lean more towards the first one than the second :cry:

My dream is to meet people that can proficiently play their instruments. Until then, I'm stuck in the same boat as you (kind of) :sad:

technicolour
09-02-2010, 08:46 PM
My dream is to meet people that can proficiently play their instruments. Until then, I'm stuck in the same boat as you (kind of) :sad:

just start a hardcore/crust band like I did.

Magero
09-02-2010, 08:53 PM
:haha: I love it when metal kids wander in here at random.
Hey! :mad:

Oh, who am I kidding, I'm gayer than most of the bands tancanada listens to....:sad:

asator
09-02-2010, 08:55 PM
:haha: You know what I meant :p:

zezimathehero
09-03-2010, 02:01 AM
This band is the biggest piece of shit that this forum has ever exposed me to.

Banjocal
09-03-2010, 02:22 AM
This band is the biggest piece of shit that this forum has ever exposed me to.
4 words.

bring me the horizon.

zezimathehero
09-03-2010, 02:31 AM
if you hadn't heard of that band before you entered this forum you need to get out more.

Okeefe Is Legit
09-03-2010, 02:31 AM
just start a hardcore/crust band like I did.

That sounds like fun, but I'm looking to play in a genre that allows more technical freedom. Besides, I don't think I even know anyone that is into that stuff, much less that can even name a band in that genre :haha

SeveredSurvival
09-03-2010, 02:41 AM
I love BMTH. No lie.

tancanada
09-03-2010, 08:34 AM
I love BMTH. No lie.

:five:

EDIT:

Oh, who am I kidding, I'm gayer than most of the bands tancanada listens to....:sad:

I listen to almost the same exact bands you do, dickhead :p:

Okeefe Is Legit
09-03-2010, 10:00 AM
I'm only into the really underground stuff like The Devil Wears Prada and Escape the Fate (RIP Ronnie). You fags with your BMTH and Converge and whatnot sicken me.

Banjocal
09-03-2010, 11:31 AM
I'm only into the really underground stuff like The Devil Wears Prada and Escape the Fate (RIP Ronnie). You fags with your BMTH and Converge and whatnot sicken me.

I got a love hate thing with bmth: i know theyre shit, think theyre shit, but i dont mind listening to thier music from time to time. TDWP is ok.

also, anyone who says "band X is shit" is over opinionated. therefore thier opinion isnt valid. music is about opinion and taste, not opinion poorly disguised as fact by inculding the word "fags" and various insults a lot. still, BMTH are shit, so :shrug:

asator
09-03-2010, 11:35 AM
I got a love hate thing with bmth: i know theyre shit, think theyre shit, but i dont mind listening to thier music from time to time. TDWP is ok.

also, anyone who says "band X is shit" is over opinionated. therefore thier opinion isnt valid. music is about opinion and taste, not opinion poorly disguised as fact by inculding the word "fags" and various insults a lot. still, BMTH are shit, so :shrug:
:rolleyes:

Banjocal
09-03-2010, 11:39 AM
:rolleyes:

:haha:

ima stop talkign now, that was badly worded :haha: in my opinion BMTH are shit :p:

12shinn21
09-03-2010, 06:04 PM
But then you're over opinionated. Therefore your opinion isnt valid, right? :)

tancanada
09-03-2010, 07:22 PM
Banjocal you realize Okeefe was being sarcastic, right?

SeveredSurvival
09-04-2010, 12:39 AM
I don't think anyone thinks Converge sucks.

asator
09-04-2010, 12:49 AM
I think Converge are all kinds of shit. Worst band ever.

lolnotreally

lordofthefood1
09-04-2010, 12:53 AM
I haven't heard of them
are they worse than that foxy whatever band?

tancanada
09-04-2010, 01:18 AM
I haven't heard of them
are they worse than that foxy whatever band?

-___-
Get out.

lordofthefood1
09-04-2010, 02:00 AM
-___-
Get out.
Is that a bad get out or a good get out...........?

TheIrishPatriot
09-04-2010, 02:29 AM
Is that a bad get out or a good get out...........?

It's a listen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoOLem3QYP4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpOXpSkXFE4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvlYG5gC5kQ

lordofthefood1
09-04-2010, 08:24 PM
It's a listen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoOLem3QYP4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpOXpSkXFE4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvlYG5gC5kQ
Why would you post Converge in a discussion about Woe Is Me and Foxy Whatever (I don't remember the second word, it begins with an 's' though). And I still don't like Converge, he sounds like his nuts are on fire. I will say that Converge is for sure better than those two bands, at least Converge sounds like it makes sense (actually, I haven't listened to Woe Is Me yet, which is why I asked if they're worse than Foxy Shizzzam).

foodit: Converge isn't a bad band and I can see how people are influenced by them, but that still doesn't mean I have to like them. Just to clarify my words.

TheIrishPatriot
09-04-2010, 08:37 PM
Why would you post Converge in a discussion about Woe Is Me and Foxy Whatever (I don't remember the second word, it begins with an 's' though). And I still don't like Converge, he sounds like his nuts are on fire. I will say that Converge is for sure better than those two bands, at least Converge sounds like it makes sense (actually, I haven't listened to Woe Is Me yet, which is why I asked if they're worse than Foxy Shizzzam).

foodit: Converge isn't a bad band and I can see how people are influenced by them, but that still doesn't mean I have to like them. Just to clarify my words.

I pasted because you hadn't heard them, and the conversation hasn't been about Woe Is Me for a while.

-tempest-
09-04-2010, 09:06 PM
I don't think anyone thinks Converge sucks.
that to prove you wrong but i know tons of people who think they are the worst band ever. i don't have that strong of an opinion but i can't listen to them, i just don't like them one bit. :shrug:

lordofthefood1
09-04-2010, 09:20 PM
I pasted because you hadn't heard them, and the conversation hasn't been about Woe Is Me for a while.
Oh, I've heard Converge, I was referring to OP and TS responded to it, so I assumed everything was all on topic :)

I still don't like them though, but I agree that it would be silly to say that they're a horrible band; they're for sure good at what they do (unlike some other bands that genuinely suck and are not good at what they do).

lookpizza
09-04-2010, 09:56 PM
Anyone who can't at least appreciate something about Converge has very little knowledge of what music should be about.

TheIrishPatriot
09-05-2010, 12:04 AM
Oh, I've heard Converge, I was referring to OP and TS responded to it, so I assumed everything was all on topic :)

I still don't like them though, but I agree that it would be silly to say that they're a horrible band; they're for sure good at what they do (unlike some other bands that genuinely suck and are not good at what they do).

No worries sir :). Cool you can respect them and aren't the 'wut theyre just noise!' sort.

lordofthefood1
09-05-2010, 01:52 AM
Anyone who can't at least appreciate something about Converge has very little knowledge of what music should be about.
Anybody who makes elitist comments has very little knowledge of what music should be about. Oh, burn.

tancanada
09-05-2010, 10:49 AM
Yeah, but you can't deny that Converge has to be one of the most emotional bands you've ever heard. It feels like Bannon's screams are gonna tear your soul right out of you in some songs.

lookpizza
09-05-2010, 01:22 PM
Anybody who makes elitist comments has very little knowledge of what music should be about. Oh, burn.

but that's not true at all! Also my comment was hardly elitist :rolleyes:

lordofthefood1
09-05-2010, 01:59 PM
but that's not true at all! Also my comment was hardly elitist :rolleyes:
:rolleyes: :p:

Yeah, but you can't deny that Converge has to be one of the most emotional bands you've ever heard. It feels like Bannon's screams are gonna tear your soul right out of you in some songs.
for what I've heard, I think they're more annoying than emotive. To define my terminology, emotive as in 'making me feel emotion' and emotional as in 'with great emotion'. Can't deny that they're emotional, but I don't get that feeling you describe from Converge.

lookpizza
09-05-2010, 02:15 PM
To be clear I wasn't even really referring to their music. Mostly just their passion and work ethic. If you have a good appreciation for music, you should appreciate that.

lordofthefood1
09-05-2010, 02:39 PM
again, that's like saying, "if you have good appreciation for music, you should appreciate the beatles," but who is making the should? Somebody is and that is why it just doesn't matter :p:

(also referring to non-musical qualities for the beatles, though in past tense)

anyway, I still haven't listened to OP band yet. hahahaha

lookpizza
09-05-2010, 02:44 PM
again, that's like saying, "if you have good appreciation for music, you should appreciate the beatles," but who is making the should? Somebody is and that is why it just doesn't matter :p:

but that's hypocritical

technicolour
09-05-2010, 02:52 PM
Jane Doe > Sgt. Peppers

lordofthefood1
09-05-2010, 03:12 PM
but that's hypocritical
I am proposing the statement as being basically the same thing as yours, not actually making the statement myself. I don't care what people like or appreciate or whatever (the most I'll do is tell them that a lot of people will look at them strangely for saying 'bands that scream are screamo bands'). This doesn't count my spouting of personal opinion though, which I maintain as such, and not some kind of truth.

Jane Doe > Sgt. Peppers
Nah.

See, I can type, "nah," and the argument is over!

Back to lookpizza, to clarify, the elitist comment was a joke and the last comment was a form of devil's advocate. This thread is soo off topic now, why is it still open?

UntoExistence
09-05-2010, 03:23 PM
because this is the hardcore forum, where everything is off topic!

technicolour
09-05-2010, 03:23 PM
woah, hang on there - nothing is over. I can rebuttle your argument til I die. You see:

"saying" that's my opinion" does not automatically make your statements valid, or immune to scrutiny. It usually just means your opinion, is wrong."

nah if you want me to argue why I think Jane doe is better than sgt peppers I'd be happy to.

UntoExistence
09-05-2010, 03:24 PM
woah, hang on there - nothing is over. I can rebuttle your argument til I die. You see:

"saying" that's my opinion" does not automatically make your statements valid, or immune to scrutiny. It usually just means your opinion, is wrong."

nah if you want me to argue why I think Jane doe is better than sgt peppers I'd be happy to.
awesome PV band from philly :D

lookpizza
09-05-2010, 03:42 PM
I am proposing the statement as being basically the same thing as yours, not actually making the statement myself. I don't care what people like or appreciate or whatever (the most I'll do is tell them that a lot of people will look at them strangely for saying 'bands that scream are screamo bands'). This doesn't count my spouting of personal opinion though, which I maintain as such, and not some kind of truth

No I was saying that saying that the "but who is making the should? Somebody is and that is why it just doesn't matter" Is a hypocritical statement in itself.

Also, look at my avatar, now pretend that's my face for every post I ever make on here, that should give you my general disposition while I'm posting on here.

SeveredSurvival
09-05-2010, 03:53 PM
Jane Doe > Sgt. Peppers

Agreed.

lordofthefood1
09-05-2010, 04:10 PM
No I was saying that saying that the "but who is making the should? Somebody is and that is why it just doesn't matter" Is a hypocritical statement in itself.

Also, look at my avatar, now pretend that's my face for every post I ever make on here, that should give you my general disposition while I'm posting on here.
I know, I'm just playing along :-)

You guys are really fun, it is easier to do this here than the pit (people get butt hurt when you do this in the pit). How is that a hypocritical statement, btw? I'm not pretending to hold any values, which is the definition of hypocritical.

Sure, you can reBUTT all day long. Opinions cannot be wrong, that is the glory of them. My point is that when you reduce with Occam's razor you are left with the fact that the argument is on subjectivity (or simulated objectivity due to defining subjectivity to emulate objectivity). Arguments on subjectivity are silly. Fun, but silly. Everybody is correct in subjectivity, no matter how unsound they seem (because soundness is relative).

If I am making an opinion about objectivity then yes, I can be wrong. If I say, "it is my opinion that in base-10 mathematics, 2.0 plus 2.0 is 5.0," then I am completely wrong. This isn't objectivity, it is subjectivity.

BLAH BLAH BLAH. This needs to be reduced to Godwin's Law already.

foodit: we can argue why red is a better color than blue and accomplish the same exact thing.

lookpizza
09-05-2010, 04:13 PM
BUT RED IS BETTER THAN BLUE!! :argue:

technicolour
09-05-2010, 04:30 PM
it depends what your arguments are based on.

For example: if you were to say: sgt. peppers is better because it sold more albums. Then you'd have to argue why album sales, and popularity make an artist better.

lordofthefood1
09-05-2010, 04:55 PM
Yeah, but that is the illusion of objectivity that gets reduced with Occam's razor.

Selling more albums is objective (semantics aside), but you still are subectively saying that album sales are what makes something better. We could argue why something is better than something else and it could be fun, but I think it is useless in the long run. It boils down to both 'neither of us are correct' and 'we're both correct in our own minds'.

blah blah blah blah blah.

I know I've said that Sgt. Peppers and ITAOTS are the greatest albums of all time, but I don't expect everybody else to agree, nor do I think there is a point in trying to convince everybody of it.

And I know I've just been arguing with somebody why Daisy is Brand New's worst album, but that is for the purpose of being silly and trying to get him to understand my words instead of putting words in my mouth (the point isn't Daisy at all, the point is that the guy isn't reading my words correctly). So far you haven't posted the words yet, so I haven't been able to put any in your mouth and therefore have you tell me why I shouldn't put words in your mouth.

Crap, I suck at conveying ideas; this post took like twenty minutes to type.

-tempest-
09-06-2010, 01:53 AM
or we can not pick apart the semantics of things and just not get butt hurt about converge sounding like poo.

SeveredSurvival
09-06-2010, 02:03 AM
why is this thread still active?

-tempest-
09-06-2010, 02:07 AM
i dunno but someone should close it and let it fade into obscurity.

lookpizza
09-06-2010, 02:22 AM
or we can not pick apart the semantics of things and just not get butt hurt about converge sounding like poo.

well ****

somethin somethin defending converges honor and whatnot blsh blah youre wrong or yeah

lordofthefood1
09-06-2010, 09:41 PM
they're not as good as that foxy whatever band anyway

nashawa
09-06-2010, 09:47 PM
OH MY GOD

whatthefuckwhatthefuckwhatthefuckwhatthefuckwhatthefuck
Why is this thread still open?

Fuck you, Tanner.

tancanada
09-06-2010, 09:49 PM
I didn't intend this :cry:

Thebiz
09-06-2010, 10:24 PM
wake up in the mornin' feeling like p diddehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

tancanada
09-06-2010, 10:37 PM
dont Stop Make It Pop
dj Turn My Speakers Up

RentACar
09-08-2010, 09:03 PM
guys

The Charm
09-08-2010, 09:43 PM
^ You have a great username.

-tempest-
09-08-2010, 10:16 PM
guys
you just had to bump this thread, didn't you?

RentACar
09-08-2010, 10:19 PM
you just had to bump this thread, didn't you?
Look at this newcomer over here, thinkin' he knows who I am.

severed-metal
09-08-2010, 10:19 PM
Band is terrible.

I enjoy naked men parties, nothing wrong with that man.

For a second I thought I posted this.

UntoExistence
09-08-2010, 10:31 PM
what brings you here severed?

severed-metal
09-08-2010, 10:32 PM
In the hardcore forum?

Been in a hardcore mood mainly. Aside from that the usual gallivanting.

UntoExistence
09-08-2010, 10:34 PM
party on :cheers:
too bad this isn't remotely hardcore :(

tancanada
09-08-2010, 11:56 PM
I just realized that SeveredSurvival and severed-metal aren't the same person :haha:

Okeefe Is Legit
09-09-2010, 01:20 AM
I just realized that SeveredSurvival and severed-metal aren't the same person :haha:

They're alter egos. You never see them both post in the same thread. Kind of like the forum's version of fight club.

-tempest-
09-09-2010, 01:57 PM
Look at this newcomer over here, thinkin' he knows who I am.
im not a newcomer and i don't know who you are, sorry.

tancanada
09-09-2010, 06:34 PM
RentACar's been around for a while I believe

asator
09-09-2010, 07:17 PM
RentACar's been around for a while I believe
Pretty sure he appeared out of nowhere a while back after searching his own username and dragged up a quote from months ago, and we all laughed at him and abused him. Think that was him anyway.

Either way, I don't recognise him except for from that time, but I've only been here like 6 months max, so...

UntoExistence
09-09-2010, 07:20 PM
yeap i remember that

zezimathehero
09-09-2010, 07:22 PM
Handbanana had a huge beef with RentACar a while back. It was pretty funny.

Okeefe Is Legit
09-09-2010, 07:22 PM
Wasn't he one of the most abused members on this forum (aside from valderama)?

12shinn21
09-09-2010, 08:15 PM
No one would care who rentacar was if handbanana didn't hate him so much. For that matter, did handbanana get perm banned or something?

UntoExistence
09-09-2010, 08:23 PM
i think it's just a 30 day

12shinn21
09-09-2010, 08:26 PM
Ok then, it just seems like longer than that since I've seen him post.

-tempest-
09-09-2010, 09:13 PM
whatever, im not new i just don't lurk much or post much. no one i see on here is worth committing to memory.

lordofthefood1
09-09-2010, 09:39 PM
Well I finally listened to them (somehow youtube suggested them and I'm like FUUU)
they're for sure better than foxy whatever

SeveredSurvival
09-09-2010, 10:17 PM
People need to stop beefing with each other because of their tastes. :p:

-tempest-
09-10-2010, 12:05 AM
Well I finally listened to them (somehow youtube suggested them and I'm like FUUU)
they're for sure better than foxy whatever
i feel like ive read this comment already haha

InstantAXonHero
09-10-2010, 12:56 AM
What happened to Craigo and that British couple with the "X" in their names?

asator
09-10-2010, 09:19 AM
No idea what you mean by the second part of that, but Craigo's a full time pit warrior now :p: Although I've seen him pop in here a few times.

12shinn21
09-10-2010, 09:40 AM
I remember Xcount me inX, and vaguely the other guy. I haven't seen either post in ages.

technicolour
09-10-2010, 11:26 AM
and then there was that iamtherobots or something guy?

lordofthefood1
09-10-2010, 04:09 PM
i feel like ive read this comment already haha
I was debating it throughout the thread, without listening to Woe Is Me, though I finally did peep a listen and determined that they are more tolerable than Foxy Shizzzam.

yodadax
09-10-2010, 04:18 PM
ok, so i read this thread, and i'm like ok lets give them a listen, because i never heard of them before... and i type the name into google and this is the first video i get :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKn-IzBPSR4

i then puked....

asator
09-10-2010, 04:19 PM
ok, so i read this thread, and i'm like ok lets give them a listen, because i never heard of them before... and i type the name into google and this is the first video i get :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKn-IzBPSR4

i then puked....
That is worse than cancer.

Okeefe Is Legit
09-10-2010, 04:35 PM

I like, but then again I have a guilty pleasure for gay covers :p:

yodadax
09-10-2010, 04:41 PM

LOL, well that is why i puked.

nashawa
09-10-2010, 07:19 PM
They're alter egos. You never see them both post in the same thread. Kind of like the forum's version of fight club.
WAY TO RUIN THE GODDAMN ENDING!

...says the only person in existence who has never seen Fight Club.

Okeefe Is Legit
09-10-2010, 07:32 PM
WAY TO RUIN THE GODDAMN ENDING!

...says the only person in existence who has never seen Fight Club.

Oh come on at this point even the people who haven't seen it know the twist.

nashawa
09-10-2010, 07:40 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I can recite the movie line for line regardless.

-tempest-
09-10-2010, 08:04 PM
I was debating it throughout the thread, without listening to Woe Is Me, though I finally did peep a listen and determined that they are more tolerable than Foxy Shizzzam.
fair enough.

Thebiz
09-11-2010, 12:28 AM
Oh come on at this point even the people who haven't seen it know the twist.

I saw the twist coming in the middle of the movie anyway. Still on of my fav movies of all time.

tancanada
09-19-2010, 07:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNzZn9fXfcg
Speaking of gay covers.

SeveredSurvival
09-19-2010, 08:02 PM
What pisses me off about that is that it's not even punk.

nashawa
09-19-2010, 08:14 PM
Almost none of the "Punk goes..." bands have been punk though. Nothing new with this.

Thebiz
09-19-2010, 08:34 PM
Almost none of the "Punk goes..." bands have been punk though. Nothing new with this.

I actually liked it (mostly because of the monologue before the last chorus.) It made me lol.

The more I listen to WIM's album, the more I keep drawing comparisons to sceney weenie bands everybody made fun of but then everyone grew to like as the years went by...I predict that this will happen to this band. I'm calling it.

Also, the drummer was in Of Machines, and they were pretty sweet. Makes me realize how WIM's drums are so ridiculous.

nashawa
09-19-2010, 08:36 PM
The more I listen to WIM's album, the more I keep drawing comparisons to sceney weenie bands everybody made fun of but then everyone grew to like as the years went by...I predict that this will happen to this band. I'm calling it.

Who is "everybody," and what in Christ's sake are you talking about? Scene kids latch onto this shit from day one while people with GOOD musical tastes always dismiss it. The opinions never change.

Thebiz
09-19-2010, 08:39 PM
Who is "everybody," and what in Christ's sake are you talking about? Scene kids latch onto this shit from day one while people with GOOD musical tastes always dismiss it. The opinions never change.

YOU SAY THAT NOWWWwwWwWWWwWWWW :P

Nah, I'm just talking in general. Not a specific group of people. But if you are asking for specific examples, Four Year Strong, A Day to Remember, The Devil Wears Prada, Bring Me The Horizon...I could go on.

And of course, by everybody, I don't mean 100%. Just speaking in generral.

asator
09-19-2010, 08:41 PM
YOU SAY THAT NOWWWwwWwWWWwWWWW :P

Nah, I'm just talking in general. Not a specific group of people. But if you are asking for specific examples, Four Year Strong, A Day to Remember, The Devil Wears Prada, Bring Me The Horizon...I could go on.

And of course, by everybody, I don't mean 100%. Just speaking in generral.
That happened with literally none of those bands. Especially not Four Year Strong.

Thebiz
09-19-2010, 08:43 PM
That happened with literally none of those bands. Especially not Four Year Strong.

Not on UG. Just because it doesn't happen on UG doesn't mean it doesn't happen everywhere else.

People were mainly bashing Four Year Strong a few years back for the same reasons as A Day To Remember, because they were mixing pop-punk with hardcore. Although ADTR was far more on the -core side.

nashawa
09-19-2010, 08:45 PM
Ummm, I was the opposite for BMTH (and I've never liked the others). I liked them when I was in grade 10/11 for a few weeks, then said "fuck that noise" and never looked back.

asator
09-19-2010, 08:47 PM
Not on UG. Just because it doesn't happen on UG doesn't mean it doesn't happen everywhere else.

People were mainly bashing Four Year Strong a few years back for the same reasons as A Day To Remember, because they were mixing pop-punk with hardcore. Although ADTR was far more on the -core side.
Maybe it happened in Georgia.

Thebiz
09-19-2010, 08:48 PM
Ummm, I was the opposite for BMTH (and I've never liked the others). I liked them when I was in grade 10/11 for a few weeks, then said "fuck that noise" and never looked back.

I know a lot of people in high school that stopped liking them when the singer stopped dying his hair black. :haha:

Okeefe Is Legit
09-19-2010, 09:25 PM
The tiny monologue in the WIM cover is win. That's all I'm giving them though.

And I think he means most of those bands progressed since they started. Comparing Zombie EP to Dear Love: there's no doubt TDWP have improved immensely.

tancanada
09-19-2010, 11:07 PM
ADTR didn't progress though, goddammit! :mad:

SeveredSurvival
09-19-2010, 11:31 PM
I just trolled Woe, Is me on youtube and people are being dumb.

lordofthefood1
09-20-2010, 02:08 AM
I would say my taste in music isn't horrible and I love ADTR. They're just fun and silly, yet not a joke band. I'm not sure if I'll like their fourth album, but the first three have had quite a few plays.

zezimathehero
09-20-2010, 04:21 PM
My old band's old vocalist is in love with this band.

THANK GOD WE KICKED HIM OUT

phoenix_crush
09-20-2010, 04:58 PM
Thursday and AFI have both been on a "Punk goes..." comp. Thursday recorded one of the best songs of their career in doing so (A Hole in the World acoustic).

UntoExistence
09-20-2010, 05:07 PM
My old band's old vocalist is in love with this band.

THANK GOD WE KICKED HIM OUT
:haha: i actually lol'd

nashawa
09-20-2010, 05:13 PM
Thursday and AFI have both been on a "Punk goes..." comp. Thursday recorded one of the best songs of their career in doing so (A Hole in the World acoustic).
Note that I said "almost."

Also, AFI's "My Michelle" cover sucked really hard. The original did as well, so I don't really blame them for not turning shit into gold.

androidkaita
09-20-2010, 06:07 PM
I am going to see them with Abandon All Ships and Structures. Mostly going to see Structures, I like a few Woe songs, and a few abandon all ships songs too so it should be good and the tix are really cheap.

tancanada
09-20-2010, 06:14 PM
Rise Against was on one of em too

Okeefe Is Legit
09-20-2010, 06:22 PM
Well if you count pop punk there's been quite a few "punk" bands in the album series.

nashawa
09-20-2010, 06:24 PM
Lolz, pop and pop-punk aren't synonymous.

Okeefe Is Legit
09-20-2010, 06:57 PM
Lolz, pop and pop-punk aren't synonymous.

...except for the fact that pop punk takes a lot of influence fro punk, hence that portion of the genre's name.

Seriously nash, your posts are starting to really just not make sense at all.

Thebiz
09-20-2010, 07:12 PM
...except for the fact that pop punk takes a lot of influence from punk, hence that portion of the genre's name.

Pop punk is exactly what it sounds like it is. Punk rock that appeals to a mass amount of people and/or is catchy. Not much sense to try and make out of it. I don't think that's a label that can really be proven to be anything else.

tancanada
09-20-2010, 07:16 PM
...except for the fact that pop punk takes a lot of influence fro punk, hence that portion of the genre's name.

He said pop and pop-punk aren't synonymous, not punk and pop-punk

nashawa
09-20-2010, 07:27 PM

Lern 2 reed.
He said pop and pop-punk aren't synonymous, not punk and pop-punk
Thank you.

Okeefe Is Legit
09-20-2010, 08:33 PM
Alright goes don't mind me, just misreading and shit...

lookpizza
09-20-2010, 08:48 PM
Those "pop-punk" bands are always just pop rock bands anyways. They give pop-punk a bad name.

nashawa
09-20-2010, 10:19 PM
Those "pop-punk" bands are always just pop rock bands anyways. They give pop-punk a bad name.
That's what I meant.

dixie_nourmous
09-21-2010, 10:41 AM
god this band sucks so much. they tried to copy Of Machines sound but epically failed.

EDIT: I just listened again.. and their new stuff sounds nothing like Of Machines. Their old stuff did tho.

GodofCheesecake
09-21-2010, 12:25 PM
Why the fuck is there a comma in the band name?

Kyle<3
09-21-2010, 01:21 PM

For cool pausational effect.

Thebiz
09-21-2010, 02:57 PM
god this band sucks so much. they tried to copy Of Machines sound but epically failed.

EDIT: I just listened again.. and their new stuff sounds nothing like Of Machines. Their old stuff did tho.

-_- You do realize Of Machines' drummer founded the band right?

lookpizza
09-21-2010, 03:09 PM

I'm gonna start a surf punk band called Whoa, is me.

dixie_nourmous
09-21-2010, 04:08 PM
-_- You do realize Of Machines' drummer founded the band right?

Yes i do. And i had such high hopes for them but they are terrible. But their guitarists weren't and that's what i was mad about. They tried to copy Of Machines sound but they couldn't. So what you hear on their new full length is a movement away from the sound they tried to have.

idk if that all came out the way i wanted it to sound haha

-tempest-
09-21-2010, 09:53 PM

:haha::haha:

Kyle<3
09-21-2010, 11:08 PM

Clean breakdowns with the wammy bar?

nashawa
09-21-2010, 11:15 PM
I'd listen to it.

Thebiz
10-29-2010, 03:06 PM
Speaking of the generic-ness of this band, the entire Punk Goes Pop 3 is streaming now. My friend said that "If every song Woe, Is Me did sounded like that cover, they'd be better."

I don't think he realizes all their songs are the exact same.

tancanada
10-29-2010, 03:57 PM
Not to mention WIM has like, 3 covers now

Okeefe Is Legit
10-29-2010, 06:49 PM
I really dug "Down" and "My Love" off that album but that's because I have guilty pleasures for both of the originals.

Thebiz
10-30-2010, 01:08 AM
Artist Vs. Poet's Bad Romance is good.

Asking Alexandria's cover of Right Now Na Na is great because of how ridiculous it is.

asator
10-30-2010, 01:12 AM
The "punk" in that series's name is slowly but surely starting to annoy me.

tancanada
10-30-2010, 02:38 PM
I like The Word Alive's song. Everything else is really meh.

lookpizza
10-30-2010, 05:43 PM
FYS - Love Song is the only good track on one of the albums in a long LONG time.

SeveredSurvival
10-30-2010, 06:19 PM
That's because Four Year Strong are a good band