We Still Stand Alive

PDA

View Full Version : We Still Stand Alive

JekAn
09-05-2010, 03:05 PM
Melodic metalcore band which combines extreme guitar riffs, ruthless breakdowns and unique melodies.

http://s47.radikal.ru/i116/1104/b7/55bed41800c5.jpg
Download album Gulf Of Sharks: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LOWUF26F

http://s55.radikal.ru/i147/1104/17/9c796584537e.jpg
Download single Dead Waterfall: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WG5OIBQQ

http://www.facebook.com/westillstandalive

http://www.myspace.com/westillstandalive

http://artists.ultimate-guitar.com/we_still_stand_alive/

JekAn
04-05-2011, 06:47 AM
Some news:
Some time ago Sergey Denisov, our guitar player, has left the band. After that we found a new musician - Mikhail Kozirev. Now Sergey came back to WSSA as third guitar player, which we've been searching for a long time. Now with 3 guitars our sound will be more melodic and breakdowns more powerfull.

And a few words about our second album:
A recording is planned to the end of Summer 2011.

Stay tuned! \m/

http://www.facebook.com/westillstandalive

http://www.myspace.com/westillstandalive

TheIrishPatriot
04-05-2011, 06:49 AM
Escape while you still have the chance.

punkforlife93
04-05-2011, 07:05 AM
Why? This band is much better in terms of originality compared to a lot of metalcore bands we get around here. I actually liked a couple of their songs. It's not stuff I'd seek out, but it's much better than a lot of the stuff I've been hearing here. And much better than at least half the front page.

But yeah...sorry about your guitarist. Good luck with the next album. Not my cup of tea tbh, but still.

EDIT: Actually, I might just be tired. You might want to err on the safe side and just run if my judgment turns out to be impaired from being up for the last 41 hours. >_>

TheIrishPatriot
04-05-2011, 07:36 AM
Oh, I didn't listen to it, as I don't enjoy the style, I just figured upon seeing 'melodic metalcore' that the fellow should get running.

JekAn
04-05-2011, 07:50 AM
punkforlife93, thank you. Next album will differ from the first one, but will be constructed on the same base.

TheIrishPatriot, in addition to metalcore the we use elements of other styles.. such as deathcore and progressive metal. On the second album it will be more obvious.

technicolour
04-05-2011, 11:58 AM
OHHHH GOOOOD THESE RIFFS ARE SOOOO EXTREME, THE BREAKDOWNS ARE RUTHLESS, MY BRAINSSSSSSS

melodic metalcore seems kind of redundant, especially when talking about nu-metalcore.

iPLAYSguitar
04-05-2011, 12:03 PM
punkforlife93, thank you. Next album will differ from the first one, but will be constructed on the same base.

TheIrishPatriot, in addition to metalcore the we use elements of other styles.. such as deathcore and progressive metal. On the second album it will be more obvious.

I wouldn't bother posting your band here, this forum defines the word asshole.

Amuro Jay
04-05-2011, 02:13 PM
The music does have a lot in common with a lot of today's metalcore bands, but I do think it's relatively well executed.

technicolour
04-05-2011, 02:16 PM
it is really fast and tight (oh yaaa) and there's sweeps n' stuff, but I don't think that impresses anyone anymore..? I don't think you can do anything to this genre to revitalize it.

asator
04-05-2011, 02:19 PM
it is really fast and tight (oh yaaa) and there's sweeps n' stuff, but I don't think that impresses anyone anymore..? I don't think you can do anything to this genre to revitalize it.
:haha:

TheIrishPatriot
04-05-2011, 03:29 PM

ie. This music is irrelevant.

punkforlife93
04-05-2011, 03:53 PM
Don't be dicks. At least this guy isn't overhyping his band and all, not to mention you look really immature...don't want to give that impression, do we?

:p:

But really, lay off a bit, the band's not THAT bad. At least they're trying to have differences in their songs and so-such.

technicolour
04-05-2011, 04:13 PM
the band is THAT bad, sorry, but any band in this genre is THAT bad. If they wanted to try for something different they should get a sitar player, and just make acoustic ambient drone.

lookpizza
04-05-2011, 04:23 PM
It's better than Forevermore.

technicolour
04-05-2011, 05:18 PM
my band is better than Emmure, doesn't mean we're any good :p:

punkforlife93
04-05-2011, 05:25 PM
Come on, this band isn't nearly as bad as any of those.

asator
04-05-2011, 05:34 PM
This reads like a dig at Justin's band haha

technicolour
04-05-2011, 05:39 PM

yeah for sure, I'm just saying, that doesn't make them good.

:eek:

punkforlife93
04-05-2011, 06:23 PM

Oh oops hahaha

BK202
04-05-2011, 07:04 PM
Guys, this band must be br00tal.

They still stand alive after being in a gulf of sharks.

JekAn
04-05-2011, 08:47 PM
As I understand people write that wssa shit because they don't like metalcore. Well, to each his own) I think that this genre can be revitalized by mixing with other genres and it should sound good.

BK202, he-he.. almost)

lookpizza
04-06-2011, 07:41 PM
I love metalcore. What is wssa?

JekAn
04-07-2011, 06:58 AM
lookpizza, wssa is abbreviated from We Still Stand Alive.

technicolour
04-07-2011, 11:20 AM
I like metalcore, but not nu-metalcore

VoodooBilly
04-07-2011, 11:29 AM
The intro to Dead Waterfall sounds like Papercut by Linkin Park is about to kick in.

Then it does kick in and it goes all Victory Records.

lookpizza
04-07-2011, 12:38 PM
lookpizza, wssa is abbreviated from We Still Stand Alive.

Oh... yea that's not metalcore. Sorry dude.

BK202
04-07-2011, 08:44 PM
I'm like 112% sure WSSA is abbreviation for 'We Still Suck Ass'.

JekAn
04-08-2011, 05:42 AM
Oh... yea that's not metalcore. Sorry dude.

Ahah)) And what is that you think?)

I'm like 112% sure WSSA is abbreviation for 'We Still Suck Ass'.

Wow!))) You're so wit! Amazing, mr. Bastard and K(c)unt 202.

VoodooBilly
04-08-2011, 07:22 AM

Amazing.

nashawa
04-08-2011, 12:38 PM
So, this guy seems nice enough, so I gave him the benefit of the doubt.

The music is really derivative and I'm not sure why I thought I'd enjoy a nu-metal band, but I hope all the best to this guy. He seems cool.

But for the love of god, change the band name.

Amuro Jay
04-08-2011, 12:49 PM
There's something about Russian bands. Sumatra was awesome. Wine from Tears is awesome. These guys aren't too bad either. Heck, their music sounds more interesting than the last Parkway Drive album.

lookpizza
04-08-2011, 02:08 PM
Ahah)) And what is that you think?)

Nu-metalcore seems to be catching on as a good label for this type of music. Basically just watered down derivative of metalcore and other metal subgenres mixed with pop rock. You guys aren't bad for what you are (but I'm not into this type of music because I find all of it pretty bad in general, that's me though). Regardless you aren't metalcore, if you don't believe me watch this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rR-IZiylERY) and ask yourself if your band belongs in the same genre.

BK202
04-08-2011, 04:23 PM
Don't take everything so seriously dude, why do people get defensive about their bands? If someone tells me my band sucks (when I'm in one) I don't care, I tell them "okay" and my life is not affected at all.

Also, you aren't Metalcore. Converge (Mike's video) and Botch are metalcore. Don't call youself metalcore.

GodofCheesecake
04-08-2011, 04:52 PM
Holy shit. You guys really don't want to accept that genres change over time.

lookpizza
04-08-2011, 04:54 PM
It's not a genre change anymore when there are absolutely no genre specific similarities and no real influence from the original genre. At that point it becomes a new sub-genre.

Amuro Jay
04-08-2011, 10:48 PM
It's not a genre change anymore when there are absolutely no genre specific similarities and no real influence from the original genre. At that point it becomes a new sub-genre.
M + H = OMC
OMC + M = MMC
MMC = (M + M + M +...) + OMC
Where OMC = M + H
And where (H/MMC) < 1

The thing is the first wave of metalcore was hugely impacted by hardcore, where as the second wave wasn't. The second wave was hugely impacted by the first wave of metalcore (which was still seen as a hardcore kinda thing), as well as heavier metal bands. And that's how things change. The idea of metal meets hardcore is still there, I think. But they've substituted hardcore with metalcore, so hardcore keeps getting diluted.

It's like Black Metal. Hellhammer sounds nothing like Peste Noire, but they're both black metal. Same ideas, different execution. Or like how Born of Osiris sounds nothing like Despised Icon. Both deathcore, don't sound alike at all.

BK202
04-08-2011, 11:43 PM
You know what, I don't even know what to call this kind of stuff though. I don't even like calling it Numetalcore, because that still hints that it has some connections to Metalcore.

It stops being part of an original genre when the bands who stray from the path inspire other bands. Like this 'nu-metalcore' wasn't so much inspired by say, Converge and Botch and Bad Brains, but by other nu-metalcore bands.

So I'm not saying genres don't change over time, I'm just saying that when a genre has little connection to the original, the tie should be severed and people should stop using the term. Plus there are still a few metalcore bands who stick to the truer metalcore sound.

Amuro Jay
04-08-2011, 11:45 PM
I'd say it does have some connections, but it's definitely only in ideals and not in sound.

I know what you mean, though, I always feel odd referring to bands like After the Burial as metalcore. Where's the core???

millarso
04-09-2011, 12:55 AM
You know what, I don't even know what to call this kind of stuff though. I don't even like calling it Numetalcore, because that still hints that it has some connections to Metalcore.

It stops being part of an original genre when the bands who stray from the path inspire other bands. Like this 'nu-metalcore' wasn't so much inspired by say, Converge and Botch and Bad Brains, but by other nu-metalcore bands.

So I'm not saying genres don't change over time, I'm just saying that when a genre has little connection to the original, the tie should be severed and people should stop using the term. Plus there are still a few metalcore bands who stick to the truer metalcore sound.
Bad Brains is metalcore?

technicolour
04-09-2011, 01:03 AM

so do animals, that's why different species exist..

BK202
04-09-2011, 01:38 AM
If you learn your metalcore history, you'll know that early Bad Brains is a huge influence, mainly due to their fusions of thrash metal and hardcore punk.

Amuro Jay
04-09-2011, 01:53 AM
Iron Maiden were the first metalcore band.

Meelad360
04-09-2011, 04:37 AM

Aw man, he got you there...

BK202
04-09-2011, 11:55 AM
I am so wit.

Thank you.

lookpizza
04-09-2011, 02:25 PM
Dudes Russian right? I give his insult an A for effort at least considering English isn't his first language.

asator
04-09-2011, 02:26 PM
Hans could insult better than that.

lookpizza
04-09-2011, 02:54 PM
Hans is the exception, not the rule. I couldn't insult that guy in Russian.

technicolour
04-09-2011, 04:24 PM
VODKAVODKA DA? VODKA!

it's easy

punkforlife93
04-09-2011, 05:19 PM
Quit being dicks. I guarantee if you went on a site that wasn't your first language you'd probably have worse grammar AND vocabulary.

Honestly, you look like a bunch of immature douches.

technicolour
04-09-2011, 06:07 PM
mission accomplished. Serious though, nothing against the individual, plenty against the band.

Amuro Jay
04-09-2011, 06:27 PM
JekAn is a lot nicer than the Forevermore guys, that's for sure.

technicolour
04-09-2011, 06:38 PM
for sure, he doesn't censor us

BK202
04-09-2011, 07:32 PM
I didn't know this guy was Russian. Props for actually insulting me, I couldn't do anything like that until I took 2 years of Spanish.

And this guy's not a dick (mostly). Which is nice.

nashawa
04-09-2011, 07:51 PM
He's actually been a very nice guy. He had to deal with a lot of insults directed at him first.

millarso
04-10-2011, 02:09 AM
If you learn your metalcore history, you'll know that early Bad Brains is a huge influence, mainly due to their fusions of thrash metal and hardcore punk.
I can kind of see it listening to them, but I can't say that they would ever be a direct influence on me, whereas Botch greatly affects my material. That is the only reason that it confuses me to hear them named next to one another.

asator
04-10-2011, 02:11 AM
Quit being dicks. I guarantee if you went on a site that wasn't your first language you'd probably have worse grammar AND vocabulary.

Honestly, you look like a bunch of immature douches.
To be fair, I didn't know he was Russian until very recently. And even knowing that he is, I still find calling Ben "Mr Bastard and K(c)unt 202" hilarious. Sue me.

EDIT: Also as inappropriate as it is, Justin's post made me laugh.

punkforlife93
04-10-2011, 02:24 AM
I thought it was hilarious too. :haha But in general this thread has been nothing but a bash to a guy's (admittedly not good, but not TERRIBLE) band. And he started off seeming at least fairly nice, it was just when everyone insulted him that he retaliated.

JekAn
04-26-2011, 05:01 AM
Hey, I didn't want to insult somebody. It was just a defence)) And yes, I know that my english is very poor and hilarious sometimes. I do my best)

BK202, sorry if I hurted you. The fact is that I am a composer of WSSA and when you insult the name of my band I think that you're insulting me. So as I said it was my defence system.))

But I still can't understand why my music is not metalcore) Of course we use some parts of other styles... But the base is metalcore, isn't it?

08L1V10N
04-27-2011, 04:07 AM
If your band would be on wikipedia there would be Melodic metalcore on the left.
but I don't think your base is metalcore at all. but it doesn't matter

Strieth
04-27-2011, 09:05 AM
They have literally stolen Parkway Drive riffs. What is this.

millarso
04-27-2011, 01:13 PM
Let em'.
Parkway Drive steals precious life from me any time I listen to them anyways.
It's called karma.

08L1V10N
04-27-2011, 01:44 PM
eh..lol?

Strieth
04-27-2011, 05:34 PM
Silent Hostages - Siren's Song.
Final Gain - 1:45 of Idols and Anchors.
Gulf of Sharks - A Cold Day In Hell.

08L1V10N
04-28-2011, 02:51 AM
especially the latter

JekAn
10-10-2011, 03:12 AM
All music for the second album is already composed. Be sure guys, it will be awesome album and we'll satisfy your expectations. So now we just need to prepare for recording.

Tracklist for the second album:
01. The Serpent Tempter
02. Cataclysm
03. Paradox Theory
04. Consequence
05. 16th
06. Dead Waterfall
07. Irrational Methods
08. Parallel Lines
09. To Reach The Stars
10. The Day I Lost My Smile
11. We Were Just A Dreamers

So stay tuned and be metal. \m/

nashawa
10-10-2011, 03:50 AM
I'm not a fan of the genre, and I'm not going to listen to it on that merit alone, so I have no right to attack your music.

But for the love of Zeus work on your nomenclature. It's unbelievably embarrassing.

JekAn
10-10-2011, 09:21 AM
Maybe I don't understand something, but what's worng with nomenclature?

technicolour
10-10-2011, 10:53 AM
All music for the second album is already composed. Be sure guys, it will be awesome album and we'll satisfy your expectations. So now we just need to prepare for recording.

Tracklist for the second album:
01. The Serpent Tempter
02. Cataclysm
03. Paradox Theory
04. Consequence
05. 16th
06. Dead Waterfall
07. Irrational Methods
08. Parallel Lines
09. To Reach The Stars
10. The Day I Lost My Smile
11. We Were Just A Dreamers

So stay tuned and be metal. \m/

are you just randomly throwing words together? :haha:

edit: unless english isn't your first language, in which case, but those titles in russian

Axendancy
10-10-2011, 12:56 PM
are you just randomly throwing words together? :haha:

edit: unless english isn't your first language, in which case, but those titles in russian

What's wrong with Paradox Theory, Irrational Methods, and Parallel Lines? I'll concede the others are a little awkward.

The only song title that doesn't make sense is track 11. Change it to We Were Just Dreamers, or We Were Just A Dream.

lookpizza
10-10-2011, 01:06 PM
It's not really that they don't make sense, it's that they're really dumb generic sounding song titles. I don't really know what else anyone could expect from a band called "We Still Stand Alive", what exactly is that even suppose to mean? I feel like it's implying that there are some people somewhere that stand around dead.

edit: also I doubt any of their song titles reflect the content of the song, which is fine usually if it's at least a clever title... but they aren't.

Amuro Jay
10-10-2011, 01:08 PM
Come on, guys, he's Russian. English isn't his first language. Give him some slack.

tancanada
10-10-2011, 01:16 PM
Better than that Indonesian Metalcore guy that posted a few days ago, his band is called Burgerkill.

synestershadows
10-10-2011, 01:19 PM
But actually releasing that album with those titles and wanting people to take you seriously? I can't give him some slack. They should have someone proof read their shit.

Amuro Jay
10-10-2011, 01:22 PM
But that's their trademark. Have you never seen any Russian metalcore/deathcore bands? The doom/melodeath bands are usually a lot better about it, but for the metalcore ones, this is what makes you legit.

datskramzkid
10-10-2011, 01:50 PM
The dude is Russian, and by the looks of it, he's like 16. Cut him some slack.

Also, I really doubt any of you guys have written lyrics in a language other than English, so y'all should lighten up.

lookpizza
10-10-2011, 01:54 PM
The dude is Russian, and by the looks of it, he's like 16. Cut him some slack.

Also, I really doubt any of you guys have written lyrics in a language other than English, so y'all should lighten up.

I wouldn't attempt to write lyrics in a language I didn't fully understand. Why are Russian dudes writing songs in English? I wouldn't write songs in Russian even if I was capable of speaking it poorly.

Amuro Jay
10-10-2011, 01:59 PM
I wouldn't attempt to write lyrics in a language I didn't fully understand. Why are Russian dudes writing songs in English? I wouldn't write songs in Russian even if I was capable of speaking it poorly.
To appeal to an international market.

I've heard some pretty decent stuff out of Russia, but I'll dismiss it if it's in a language I can't understand.

Except French. I like listening to French singers.

lookpizza
10-10-2011, 02:02 PM
To appeal to an international market.

I've heard some pretty decent stuff out of Russia, but I'll dismiss it if it's in a language I can't understand.

Except French. I like listening to French singers.

It's a gimmick to appeal to dumb 15 year old scene girls, and your second comment makes me lose esteem for you.

Amuro Jay
10-10-2011, 02:05 PM
It's a gimmick to appeal to dumb 15 year old scene girls, and your second comment makes me lose esteem for you.
Lyrics are a huge part of the reason I listen to music. If I can't understand the words, I have nothing to connect to.

It's obviously different when it comes to certain other types of music (heavy metal is usually not the place for lyrics, instrumental music can be amazing and emotional without lyrics).

But for a majority of the time, the lyrics are what I form a personal attachment to, and that's what I like about music.

Is there something wrong with that, or am I only supposed to like music because it sounds cool?

lookpizza
10-10-2011, 02:07 PM
Lyrics are a huge part of the reason I listen to music. If I can't understand the words, I have nothing to connect to.

It's obviously different when it comes to certain other types of music (heavy metal is usually not the place for lyrics, instrumental music can be amazing and emotional without lyrics).

But for a majority of the time, the lyrics are what I form a personal attachment to, and that's what I like about music.

Is there something wrong with that, or am I only supposed to like music because it sounds cool?
Correct if I'm wrong but you listen to like a decent amount music with no lyrics at all, and this is really just a bullshit indignant response.

Amuro Jay
10-10-2011, 02:16 PM
Correct if I'm wrong but you listen to like a decent amount music with no lyrics at all, and this is really just a bullshit indignant response.I do listen to a decent amount of music without lyrics. I even addressed this in my post.

I don't see what's so bullshit about wanting to be able to understand the lyrics you're listening to.

lookpizza
10-10-2011, 02:20 PM
It's bullshit because you said you basically dismiss music if you don't understand the lyrics, but you're fine with listening to music with no lyrics. Someone who is open-minded about music (which I assumed you were) wouldn't have such a shallow perspective on it (hence my loss of esteem in finding out about it).

datskramzkid
10-10-2011, 02:21 PM
I doubt there's a huge scene in Russia, so in order for people to listen to his band, he's gotta write in english. That's why Chunk! writes in english, not in French. That's why Brain Damage writes in English, not in Chinese. Why Seether (I think?) writes in english and not in Afrikaans or Dutch (or they could just be english, I don't know). It's why so many bands from Quebec write in English. Why the Taqwacore bands often write in english and not in Arab, Farsi, Persian, etc.

Call it selling out or whatever, but bands from countries with little to no scene have to appeal to fans from places where there's actual people who might be interested in their music, and that's always centred around the US/Canada/UK.

nashawa
10-10-2011, 02:24 PM
Brain Damage writes in English? Haha, I can't understand them regardless.

lookpizza
10-10-2011, 02:25 PM
I doubt there's a huge scene in Russia, so in order for people to listen to his band, he's gotta write in english. That's why Chunk! writes in english, not in French. That's why Brain Damage writes in English, not in Chinese. Why Seether (I think?) writes in english and not in Afrikaans or Dutch (or they could just be english, I don't know). It's why so many bands from Quebec write in English. Why the Taqwacore bands often write in english and not in Arab, Farsi, Persian, etc.

Call it selling out or whatever, but bands from countries with little to no scene have to appeal to fans from places where there's actual people who might be interested in their music, and that's always centred around the US/Canada/UK.

Did you notice how all the bands you mentioned that write in English instead of their natural language suck really bad and are just gimmicky derivatives of other bands.

edit: writing in a language not your own to appeal to an audience that you don't represent doesn't really scream "this band has integrity" does it?

datskramzkid
10-10-2011, 02:28 PM
Did you notice how all the bands you mentioned that write in English instead of their natural language suck really bad and are just gimmicky derivatives of other bands.
They're gimmicky in part because of their accent, and because of their limited access to the culture and scene which they're trying to be a part of. Obviously TPS members know obscure underground european screamo bands, and pop punk bands from bumfuck nowhere, and hardcore from everywhere, but this isn't the case with most people who tend to start bands. I'd assume they listen to the most popular bands, and don;t really have time/capabilities to access the smaller bands, because well, they never play their area, and they probably don't want to lurk blogs and forums for hours like we do.

Also, why integrity? That implies that bands have to be loyal to their language. If they want people to listen, they have to have lyrics people can understand.
Even Raein, everyone's favourite underground screamo band has english lyrics, which totally lacks integrity, because they're italian.

Amuro Jay
10-10-2011, 02:32 PM
It's bullshit because you said you basically dismiss music if you don't understand the lyrics, but you're fine with listening to music with no lyrics. Someone who is open-minded about music (which I assumed you were) wouldn't have such a shallow perspective on it (hence my loss of esteem in finding out about it).I won't dismiss the musical merits of the band, which is why I end up keeping some foreign language bands in my itunes.

But it has to be something I can really enjoy, and something that isn't available in other languages. A lot of the foreign language bands I end up keeping are localized to a specific region and scene, and there is no English equivalent.

When I'm not looking for such specific things, though, I can usually find an English equivalent. Unless, of course, there's a band that is truly unique/excellent at what they do. But as I said, lyrics play a huge factor in music for me.

And I guess the reason I'm fine with listening to music with no lyrics is because I listen to different types of music for different reasons. I listen to TGA because I can relate to Brian Fallon's lyrics. It's like an emotional release. But the types of music where I don't place emphasis on lyrics (certain metal bands, post-rock, electronic music) is where I actually focus on the music. Of course, the two intermingle a lot, but hey, I can't explain it.

lookpizza
10-10-2011, 02:33 PM
They're gimmicky in part because of their accent, and because of their limited access to the culture and scene which they're trying to be a part of. Obviously TPS members know obscure underground european screamo bands, and pop punk bands from bumfuck nowhere, and hardcore from everywhere, but this isn't the case with most people who tend to start bands. I'd assume they listen to the most popular bands, and don;t really have time/capabilities to access the smaller bands, because well, they never play their area, and they probably don't want to lurk blogs and forums for hours like we do.

That's not my point, my point is they're from Russia, they play shows in Russia, they should be a part of their own scene, and if they don't have a scene they should start one. They are relying entirely on the internet and image to promote their shitty music to people half a globe away in hopes to be the next shitty band signed to Victory or whatever. The music sucks, the idea sucks, and no I won't cut him any slack for it.

Amuro Jay
10-10-2011, 02:42 PM
That's not my point, my point is they're from Russia, they play shows in Russia, they should be a part of their own scene, and if they don't have a scene they should start one. They are relying entirely on the internet and image to promote their shitty music to people half a globe away in hopes to be the next shitty band signed to Victory or whatever. The music sucks, the idea sucks, and no I won't cut him any slack for it.Globalization has made English the language to speak. A lot of European students (students worldwide, actually) learn English in order to be taken seriously in international markets (not just in music but in business). It's got to be a cultural thing. When all of the wealthy, well established people in a country speak English, it probably becomes part of the culture to take those who know the language of the affluent a little more seriously.

So the bands learn English, the fans learn English, etc.

tl;dr: Globalization.

datskramzkid
10-10-2011, 02:50 PM
That's not my point, my point is they're from Russia, they play shows in Russia, they should be a part of their own scene, and if they don't have a scene they should start one. They are relying entirely on the internet and image to promote their shitty music to people half a globe away in hopes to be the next shitty band signed to Victory or whatever. The music sucks, the idea sucks, and no I won't cut him any slack for it.
Start a scene?
Something tells me there aren't loads of kids in Russia that want to start other numetalcore bands and that there simply isn't the audience to start a scene.

If I want to start a trad russian band with Russian instruments, I sure as hell wouldn't sing in english, would I?

Also, judging by their picture, they don't seem like they're really focusing on their image. Everyone uses the internet now.

Now whether the music sucks or not is your opinion. I really don't like it, but whatever.

Morphogenesis26
10-10-2011, 02:59 PM
Band makes me think of Parkway Drive so I don't like it to be honest. Needz less breakdownz and betta scremz. :3

I imagine Russian bands wanting to sound like fancy versions of Kamelot. :p:

lookpizza
10-10-2011, 03:04 PM
Start a scene?
Something tells me there aren't loads of kids in Russia that want to start other numetalcore bands and that there simply isn't the audience to start a scene.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68n6X0uV2oU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u24CJjEIRfM&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=russian+metalcore&aq=f

If I want to start a trad russian band with Russian instruments, I sure as hell wouldn't sing in english, would I?
I'm pretty sure you don't want to start a trad Russian band because that'd be stupid.. kinda like this band is stupid.

Also, judging by their picture, they don't seem like they're really focusing on their image. Everyone uses the internet now.
but wait didn't you just say " and don;t really have time/capabilities to access the smaller bands,"...
hmmmmm

Now whether the music sucks or not is your opinion. I really don't like it, but whatever.
Oh come on not the ol' music is opinion defense, you're better than that man.

Amuro Jay
10-10-2011, 03:06 PM
Band makes me think of Parkway Drive so I don't like it to be honest. Needz less breakdownz and betta scremz. :3

I imagine Russian bands wanting to sound like fancy versions of Kamelot. :p:
Hey, you're into melodeath, right? Some good Russian bands to check out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NY1CyubSfX4&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXNPniZzKv8

Both solid albums, although I think Dominia is a little more memorable.

lookpizza
10-10-2011, 03:07 PM
Globalization has made English the language to speak. A lot of European students (students worldwide, actually) learn English in order to be taken seriously in international markets (not just in music but in business). It's got to be a cultural thing. When all of the wealthy, well established people in a country speak English, it probably becomes part of the culture to take those who know the language of the affluent a little more seriously.

So the bands learn English, the fans learn English, etc.

tl;dr: Globalization.
..and yes Jay I understand all of this.. it still really has nothing to do with the fact that they are literally just a copy of better (and I use the term better extremely loosely) actual English speaking bands and only speak English in their music as a gimmick to sell it to English speaking audiences. It should be pretty well known at this point that I'm not a fan of music that is only being made to be sold.

Amuro Jay
10-10-2011, 03:09 PM
..and yes Jay I understand all of this.. it still really has nothing to do with the fact that they are literally just a copy of better (and I use the term better extremely loosely) actual English speaking bands and only speak English in their music as a gimmick to sell it to English speaking audiences. It should be pretty well known at this point that I'm not a fan of music that is only being made to be sold.Well then what's the point in arguing it? It's not going to be any better if they sang in Russian, and all the kids will end up listening to the English speaking bands anyway.

lookpizza
10-10-2011, 03:14 PM
Well then what's the point in arguing it? It's not going to be any better if they sang in Russian, and all the kids will end up listening to the English speaking bands anyway.

Cause you guys were defending the band on the point that English isn't their first language, and you implied that it was better that they speak English than Russian, because you dismiss music in foreign languages. Both of which are really dumb points and I called you out on it.

Amuro Jay
10-10-2011, 03:20 PM
Cause you guys were defending the band on the point that English isn't their first language, and you implied that it was better that they speak English than Russian, because you dismiss music in foreign languages. Both of which are really dumb points and I called you out on it.I was defending his grammar. Nothing to do with the band.

And let's face it, if they want to get known, then playing in English would be the most beneficial to them.

lookpizza
10-10-2011, 03:25 PM
I was defending his grammar. Nothing to do with the band.

And let's face it, if they want to get known, then playing in English would be the most beneficial to them.
If they want to get known concentrating on writing good music rather than concentrating on stringing together broken English and generic riffs would be the most beneficial to them.

datskramzkid
10-10-2011, 03:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68n6X0uV2oU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u24CJjEIRfM&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=russian+metalcore&aq=f

I'm pretty sure you don't want to start a trad Russian band because that'd be stupid.. kinda like this band is stupid.

but wait didn't you just say " and don;t really have time/capabilities to access the smaller bands,"...
hmmmmm

Oh come on not the ol' music is opinion defense, you're better than that man.
Do you honestly think it's possible to be successful in Russia playing "numetalcore"? Because there's a handful of bands in the largest country in the world, doesn't mean it's significant. Look at it this way: How many russian bands have actually made a dent in western culture? How many sing in Russian?
And it's easier to start a facebook and spam a message board than go on skreamyourlungsout or easyxcore or CMHWAK and TPS every day to discover sweet underground bands. So yeah, a lot of kids are going to be stuck listening to Parkway, BMTH, Suicide Silence, ADTR and Four Year Strong, because they don't know any better, and no other bands are going to tour their way.
And the whole "music is opinion" was in case you were judging this band on their actual sound rather than their use of english. Their sound is horrible, some may like it, but it's a different debate.

Amuro Jay
10-10-2011, 03:30 PM
If they want to get known concentrating on writing good music rather than concentrating on stringing together broken English and generic riffs would be the most beneficial to them.One step at a time, here :o

You know that hopping on to current trends is a much quicker way to get exposure than actually doing something that's good.

It sucks, but that's the way it is. I'm not saying I agree with it, but that's how it's always been.

lookpizza
10-10-2011, 03:34 PM
One step at a time, here :o

You know that hopping on to current trends is a much quicker way to get exposure than actually doing something that's good.

It sucks, but that's the way it is. I'm not saying I agree with it, but that's how it's always been.

And there it is :five:.

lookpizza
10-10-2011, 03:40 PM
Do you honestly think it's possible to be successful in Russia playing "numetalcore"? Because there's a handful of bands in the largest country in the world, doesn't mean it's significant. Look at it this way: How many russian bands have actually made a dent in western culture? How many sing in Russian?
And it's easier to start a facebook and spam a message board than go on skreamyourlungsout or easyxcore or CMHWAK and TPS every day to discover sweet underground bands. So yeah, a lot of kids are going to be stuck listening to Parkway, BMTH, Suicide Silence, ADTR and Four Year Strong, because they don't know any better, and no other bands are going to tour their way.
And the whole "music is opinion" was in case you were judging this band on their actual sound rather than their use of english. Their sound is horrible, some may like it, but it's a different debate.
Good to know your first concern when playing music should be being successful, because that is the only point you brought up... do you know what the word integrity means? Dudes promoting his band on UG in the hardcore forum. It would be very easy for him to get into better music if he wanted to. It's not hard to find good music. IT IS EXTREMELY EASY TO FIND GOOD MUSIC. STOP SAYING STUPID SHIT.

datskramzkid
10-10-2011, 04:04 PM
Good to know your first concern when playing music should be being successful, because that is the only point you brought up... do you know what the word integrity means? Dudes promoting his band on UG in the hardcore forum. It would be very easy for him to get into better music if he wanted to. It's not hard to find good music. IT IS EXTREMELY EASY TO FIND GOOD MUSIC. STOP SAYING STUPID SHIT.
Well, maybe this kid's goals are different than yours, and maybe he doesn't want to find better music, I don't know.

Morphogenesis26
10-10-2011, 05:46 PM
I already know Dominia and they kick ass. :o Wine From Tears sounds nice but I'm on the fence, will need to listen further. Thank you though.

technicolour
10-10-2011, 11:11 PM
Well, maybe this kid's goals are different than yours, and maybe he doesn't want to find better music, I don't know.

then he's gay.

JekAn
10-12-2011, 06:10 PM
he-he)) Well, guys, you said many right things. Yes, English is not my first language. Moreover, I'm not very good in this language. A tracklist, which made you to discuss this topic so active, is not a final version and it written not by me. Anyway, I don't understand what's wrong with some titles except the last one. Article "A" is not needed there, it was my mistake.

I don't really know what else anyone could expect from a band called "We Still Stand Alive", what exactly is that even suppose to mean?
If you really interested why we called our band with such name:
on early period of growing of a band we always had some problems with musicians. Some of them were left the group and a band stopped progressing. It was long period. When all musicians were found and all problems seemed to be gone we decided to call a band We Still Stand Alive.
By the way, is As I Lay Dying stupid name for the band too?

In any case, thanks for all for your critics and support.

Meelad360
10-12-2011, 08:07 PM
This band, 2gud.

technicolour
10-12-2011, 08:19 PM
he-he))
By the way, is As I Lay Dying stupid name for the band too?

You know that's already a band right? or are you referring to them?

either way, yes it is.

nashawa
10-12-2011, 10:07 PM
You know that's already a band right? or are you referring to them?

either way, yes it is.
It'd be more stupid if it wasn't a reference to an awesome book.

-tempest-
10-12-2011, 10:07 PM
you love to fight with people on the internet, don't you?

synestershadows
10-12-2011, 10:09 PM
you love to fight with people on the internet, don't you?
Someone has to do it.

JekAn
10-13-2011, 06:29 AM
technicolour, I know about AILD. But I don't understand why some of you says that WSSA very strange name for a band. Moreover, this name have a certain meaning. And I'm full of doubt that a big number of bands have meanings of thier names.

-tempest-
10-13-2011, 07:52 AM
its not that strange they just like to complain.

datskramzkid
10-13-2011, 04:54 PM
technicolour, I know about AILD. But I don't understand why some of you says that WSSA very strange name for a band. Moreover, this name have a certain meaning. And I'm full of doubt that a big number of bands have meanings of thier names.
Because at face value it has no meaning, and I'm assuming they thought that you just put a bunch of random words that sounded okay together.

synestershadows
10-13-2011, 05:13 PM
Because everyone was assuming you were dead. :haha:

technicolour
10-13-2011, 05:33 PM
its not that strange they just like to complain.

It's because I hold things to a higher standard than (apparently) you and TS do.

We still stand alive is a good name for vietnam war amputee vet parade, not a band.

thunder4400
10-13-2011, 07:12 PM
As I Lay Dying is a much better name than We Still Stand Alive.

AILD makes you think shits goin down. WSSA is confusing because most people who stand are alive. There really isn't much to think about to get your attention.

synestershadows
10-13-2011, 07:48 PM
As I Lay Dying is a much better name than We Still Stand Alive.

AILD makes you think shits goin down. WSSA is confusing because most people who stand are alive. There really isn't much to think about to get your attention.
What about Jesus?

thunder4400
10-13-2011, 07:57 PM
What about Jesus?

Hey, I said most people.

-tempest-
10-13-2011, 09:11 PM
It's because I hold things to a higher standard than (apparently) you and TS do.

We still stand alive is a good name for vietnam war amputee vet parade, not a band.
id still listen to any band, no matter how dumb the name is if they produce good music. if they suck i won't listen to them, even if their name is "good". i hold higher standards on things that actually matter.

technicolour
10-13-2011, 09:23 PM
id still listen to any band, no matter how dumb the name is if they produce good music. if they suck i won't listen to them, even if their name is "good". i hold higher standards on things that actually matter.

I'd wager money that statistically speaking, bands with shitty names make shitty music more often than bands with "good names." Now obviously, we can't all agree on great names, but we can compare something like:

Asking alexandria
the devil wears prada
killswitch engage
attack attack!
etc.

against:

Eating glass
Fall of efrafa
the holy mountain
Orchid
Insect warfare

Obviously there's exceptions, and there's plenty of "ambiguous names" like unearth or converge, but on the whole.

nashawa
10-13-2011, 09:32 PM
Insect Warfare is a retarded name.

Amuro Jay
10-13-2011, 09:55 PM
ITT: arguing for the sake of arguing :o

technicolour
10-13-2011, 09:58 PM
Insect Warfare is a retarded name.

see, and then we get difference of opinions, because I think it's awesome. Seeing as how there's like 1 million insects for every human on earth, they'd be a pretty sweet biological weapon if they could be "trained."

Also, insects are pretty bad ass fighting amongst each other, but I'm an arthropod nerd, so......

^ what's wrong with that?

nashawa
10-13-2011, 10:00 PM
see, and then we get difference of opinions, because I think it's awesome. Seeing as how there's like 1 million insects for every human on earth, they'd be a pretty sweet biological weapon if they could be "trained."

Also, insects are pretty bad ass fighting amongst each other, but I'm an arthropod nerd, so......

^ what's wrong with that?
Love the band, but the name makes them sound like a boring beatdown band.

technicolour
10-13-2011, 10:06 PM
Love the band, but the name makes them sound like a boring beatdown band.

really? I guess I could...kinda see it...but at the same time "insect warfare" doesn't sound "manly" enough for a beatdown band. They'd probably prefer like Bear warfare, or Shark ammunition.

Insects are more subtley baddass.

Also this has inspired an avatar change ^_^

nashawa
10-13-2011, 10:07 PM
Shark Ammunition made me lol

technicolour
10-13-2011, 10:19 PM
you know it's just a matter of time :'(

Morphogenesis26
10-13-2011, 10:27 PM
Their name just sounds awkward. :B http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BO2kH-D3X94 Kind of enjoy that song.

All those names give off the same vibe except Insect Warfare which sound like some local band who wants to be Papa Roach.

technicolour
10-13-2011, 10:41 PM
only in your mind because both names are associated with bugs...although papa roach could be a weed reference..

BK202
10-13-2011, 11:10 PM
Alien Ant Farm is one of the worst band names ever. And probably the legitimate worst when considering insect-related names.

Morphogenesis26
10-13-2011, 11:25 PM
The worst band name ever...hmmm....

I might get flak for this but....

Defeater. Just something about it.

synestershadows
10-13-2011, 11:37 PM

IT'S VANQUISHER!

And Eating Glass is the best band name ever.

Morphogenesis26
10-13-2011, 11:45 PM
IT'S VANQUISHER!

And Eating Glass is the best band name ever.

Could you fill me in on that joke? I never understood it but it sounds like it would be an 80s Thrash band.

I was about to say Eating Glass was bad but then I said it out loud and thought it sounded badass. So Yeah. :o

synestershadows
10-13-2011, 11:55 PM
Could you fill me in on that joke? I never understood it but it sounds like it would be an 80s Thrash band.

I was about to say Eating Glass was bad but then I said it out loud and thought it sounded badass. So Yeah. :o
Vanquisher is a synonym for Defeater.

-tempest-
10-13-2011, 11:57 PM
ITT: arguing for the sake of arguing :o
thats like every thread in this forum haha.

nashawa
10-14-2011, 12:30 AM
thats like every thread in this forum haha.
You don't spend much time on the internet, do you?

Starting to get annoyed by your constant "lol, this forum sucks so much olololol" bullshit. Grow a pair already.

MustangMan311
10-14-2011, 12:38 AM
Dunno what's going on in here, but Pulling Teeth is totally the best band name ever.

Amuro Jay
10-14-2011, 12:38 AM
Get Rich or Die Trying is the best album name ever.

nashawa
10-14-2011, 12:55 AM
Dunno what's going on in here, but Pulling Teeth is totally the best band name ever.
Pfft, Pulling Teef is better.

;)

-tempest-
10-14-2011, 01:23 AM
You don't spend much time on the internet, do you?

Starting to get annoyed by your constant "lol, this forum sucks so much olololol" bullshit. Grow a pair already.
i rarely post and when i do its about a band(almost exclusively in PP and E or here). if you don't like me ignore me, its not that hard. i don't really care either way.

technicolour
10-14-2011, 01:38 AM

Defeater reminds me of my epistemology class:

http://www.iep.utm.edu/ep-defea/

Morphogenesis26
10-14-2011, 01:39 AM
Pffft.

The Cog Is Dead is the best band name.

technicolour
10-14-2011, 01:40 AM
Get Rich or Die Trying is the best album name ever.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TvqYNfhXpI

Amuro Jay
10-14-2011, 01:49 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TvqYNfhXpI
that was awesome :haha:

InstantAXonHero
10-14-2011, 06:40 AM
"Burritos, Inspiration Point, Fork Balloon Sports, Cards in the Spokes, Automatic Biographies, Kites, Kung Fu, Trophies, Banana Peels We've Slipped on and Egg Shells We've Tippy Toed Over"

> album names.