To all non-North Americans here, which bands would you like playing in your country?

PDA

View Full Version : To all non-North Americans here, which bands would you like playing in your country?

output24
09-06-2010, 08:29 AM
I'll go first:

Transit, Title Fight and/or Daylight.

I REALLY REALLY hope one of them (OR ALL OF THEM) visit Manila sometime.

We already had Ruiner and Bane (Have Heart, last year),so i really hope someone here can make my dream gig happen.

12shinn21
09-06-2010, 08:36 AM
Right now I guess I'd like to see La Dispute (who are coming over soon), Gaslight Anthem (not as part of Soundwave Festival), Title Fight, Tiger's Jaw, Shook Ones. A lot of bands come through here though so I'm a bit luckier than you mate. Well here's hoping for a title fight australia/SE Asia tour then :) ?

boffen
09-06-2010, 08:50 AM
Converge, Title Fight, Kylesa, Touche Amore, La Dispute, Misery Signals, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Punch, mewithoutYou, This Will Destroy You and Blacklisted. And a lot of other bands, too many to remember/think of.

~Mr Brownstone~
09-06-2010, 08:54 AM
I'd like to see Reign Supreme, Stick to Your Guns and Title Fight. Maybe Polar Bear Club again just 'cause I love them.

Kyle<3
09-06-2010, 01:36 PM
Ahaa I live in NA.

Okeefe Is Legit
09-06-2010, 01:51 PM
Here's a question for you guys not in North America: The US and England seem to kind of dominate the -core genre. Are there any regional scenes thriving in your country, and what genre(s) do they encompass?

boffen
09-06-2010, 04:14 PM
There's obviously lots of metal heads in Norway, but I don't really like conventional metal, and lots of the metal heads here are elitist douche bags so I don't know how that scene goes. Hardcore and punk are pretty closely tied with the left-wing political networks and most "real" hardcore shows are either at vegan anarcho-communist places (This (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blitz_(movement)) and this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hausmania) for example) or there are people passing out flyers everywhere, usually both. No tough guy bullshit, literally everyone I've met at these places are super nice people.