The Ocean and the Waiting Tree [atmospheric]

PDA

View Full Version : The Ocean and the Waiting Tree [atmospheric]

The Arsis
09-07-2010, 09:56 PM
A little atmospheric piece I made. Tell me what you think and C4C.

Burning_Angel
09-07-2010, 10:33 PM
...So, what happened to the ending? Or, is the song unfinished? [I take it that's the actual case... :p: ]

That said, aside from the fact that it feels incomplete, unresolved, it was really really good. I liked how it built up a lot. Adding instruments and so forth. The french horn was a nice touch. And yet it was very consistent and nicely atmospheric, like I was waiting on a beach at night, with a light breeze... Beautiful song, really.

Wish I could say more, honestly. Good work dude.

The Arsis
09-07-2010, 10:40 PM
...So, what happened to the ending? Or, is the song unfinished? [I take it that's the actual case... :p: ]

That said, aside from the fact that it feels incomplete, unresolved, it was really really good. I liked how it built up a lot. Adding instruments and so forth. The french horn was a nice touch. And yet it was very consistent and nicely atmospheric, like I was waiting on a beach at night, with a light breeze... Beautiful song, really.

Wish I could say more, honestly. Good work dude.

Yeah, the waiting tree part is in the making at the moment. :p

slayerfrk
09-07-2010, 10:40 PM
i thought it was good, but to repetitive, you had a nice thing going but it should have progressed into a different melody/rhythm or something

Alter-Bridge
09-08-2010, 02:27 AM
This is great. I love how you have a theme that runs throughout, but constantly add onto it, maintaining interest. Other than finishing it, I have no suggestions. Well done.