Unfinished (experimental, melodic metal/rock influenced? GP5, C4C)

PDA

View Full Version : Unfinished (experimental, melodic metal/rock influenced? GP5, C4C)

piratemetalhead
09-08-2010, 07:42 PM
Just started writing up these riffs a few days ago, wondering what you guys thought

started off as a melodeath riff, but overall, I dont think Im steering it to a 100% metal direction at all. I guess I'd say its influenced by stuff from Kalmah to Billy Talent, though I dont know what genre I would label it under

anyways, any feedback would be appreciated, especially on the weird chord section (first time writing up anything sounding like that), and ill try to get back on c4cs. Also, the song's not called "unfinished", its just literally unfinished :p:

oh yeah, and if anybody wants to throw up some markers, that would be cool as well, Im totally not sure what I would put as a verse, prechorus, etc etc

vulcan422
09-08-2010, 08:03 PM
sounds sick dude, try this solo i added

piratemetalhead
09-08-2010, 08:16 PM
Thanks man, that solo worked great, I'll be sure to give some credit once I finish it up and post it

Didnt even think about putting a solo in there, but listening to it, it really sounds like the perfect time

champayne
09-08-2010, 09:20 PM
I was a bit frightened at the intro, it sounded a bit metalcore-y, and I've seen too many metalcore songs on here disguised as "experimental" or even "proggy" *shudder, shudder*, but I was relieved at where it went afterwards. The harmonization worked perfectly, and the next riff did a nice job at building suspense. 13 was my favorite part, mostly because I like unusual chords arranged in that matter. There's nothing much else to say, except for I think vulcan's solo fits pretty nicely. Would love to see this finished. C4C? "The Nightman Awakens" in my sig.

Intersensory
09-08-2010, 10:53 PM
The intro reminded my a LOT of Unholy Confessions.

vulcan422
09-08-2010, 11:36 PM
Thanks man, that solo worked great, I'll be sure to give some credit once I finish it up and post it

Didnt even think about putting a solo in there, but listening to it, it really sounds like the perfect time

Thanks a lot man, glad it worked out, i was pretty stoned when i threw that in there.

maximumrocker
09-09-2010, 11:10 PM
The intro reminded my a LOT of Unholy Confessions.
that is what i was thinking

piratemetalhead
09-09-2010, 11:26 PM
Unholy confessions is ripped off some Death riff, which I probably accidently kind of, in turn, ripped from :haha

the intro was actually inspired by this, though: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ci0r-NDKuww , never meant for it to sound metalcore :p: