New The Word Alive album: Deceiver

PDA

View Full Version : New The Word Alive album: Deceiver

LightxGrenade
09-11-2010, 04:01 PM
So has anyone checked out their new album? It's called Deceiver. I like the clean vocals something about the timbre of his voice is just so good to me, and the guitar work on this is solid, plenty of head banging moments mixed in with some technical parts I also notice a lot more synthesizer being used though not in excess.

I think it sounds really f-ing good, even though they aren't exactly bringing anything new to the table. I think they're just really good at this specific kind of music and their songwriting skills have most definitely progressed it's not just one riff plastered on top of another.

It sort of reminds me a bit of Sky Eat Airplane but personally I think TWA is better. Anyone elses opinions on this? Love it? Hate it?

catalyst329
09-12-2010, 11:26 AM
I listen to the album on a daily basis just to laugh at it.

Dust_and_Guilt
09-12-2010, 11:41 AM
It's amazing how big of a step back they took from their EP.

LightxGrenade
09-12-2010, 01:37 PM
you really think so? I think it was a natural progression, I think the songs are way better, their EP seemed to have riff after riff with no real direction

androidkaita
09-12-2010, 01:43 PM
I hate the guitar tone on this album

LightxGrenade
09-12-2010, 02:33 PM
lol seems like im TWA's only fan

tancanada
09-12-2010, 09:29 PM
I like them :)

im4board
09-12-2010, 09:30 PM
theyre ****ing great

synestershadows
09-13-2010, 12:35 AM
what's with all the hate on them. i think they have bad rep for some reason. i feel like people just think theyre another scene band. but they really aren't. and i agree with the op that they sound a bit like Sky Eats Airplane. I don't think i could say that TWA is better though.

tancanada
09-13-2010, 08:28 AM
I think a lot of people dislike (or refuse to listen to them altogether) just cause of 'Craig Mabbit ololol'

im4board
09-13-2010, 09:18 AM
by now, they sound 90% different then any of the songs they released with craig.. and that was 2 years ago

asator
09-13-2010, 01:54 PM
So has anyone checked out their new album? It's called Deceiver. I like the clean vocals something about the timbre of his voice is just so good to me, and the guitar work on this is solid, plenty of head banging moments mixed in with some technical parts I also notice a lot more synthesizer being used though not in excess.

I think it sounds really f-ing good, even though they aren't exactly bringing anything new to the table. I think they're just really good at this specific kind of music and their songwriting skills have most definitely progressed it's not just one riff plastered on top of another.

It sort of reminds me a bit of Sky Eat Airplane but personally I think TWA is better. Anyone elses opinions on this? Love it? Hate it?
No.
what's with all the hate on them. i think they have bad rep for some reason. i feel like people just think theyre another scene band. but they really aren't. and i agree with the op that they sound a bit like Sky Eats Airplane. I don't think i could say that TWA is better though.
Yes they are.

Really despise this band.

androidkaita
09-13-2010, 02:21 PM
I like them, I just don't like the guitar tone. I really like The Hounds of Anubis but their EP version of Battle Royale sounds way better than their version on this album

synestershadows
09-13-2010, 03:49 PM
No.

Yes they are.

Really despise this band.

Way to be a stubborn bitch. They are not scene. They don't even sound scene.

I like them, I just don't like the guitar tone. I really like The Hounds of Anubis but their EP version of Battle Royale sounds way better than their version on this album
I agree with the guitar tone. It seems like it's missing some gain or something.

asator
09-13-2010, 03:57 PM
Way to be a stubborn bitch. They are not scene. They don't even sound scene.

I agree with the guitar tone. It seems like it's missing some gain or something.
They are blatently a bunch of scene kids playing standard scene kid metalcore, which you're denying, and I'm a stubborn bitch?

And this is not a situation where more gain of all things will make them sound better.

synestershadows
09-13-2010, 04:00 PM
They are blatently a bunch of scene kids playing standard scene kid metalcore, which you're denying, and I'm a stubborn bitch?

And this is not a situation where more gain of all things will make them sound better.

Find a scene band that sounds like them, and I'll give you a cookie.

Trust me, I ****ing despise scene bands. If I have to listen to one for TDWP clone I will kill myself.

These guys on the other hand are definitely original and something special.

asator
09-13-2010, 04:03 PM
Find a scene band that sounds like them, and I'll give you a cookie.

Trust me, I ****ing despise scene bands. If I have to listen to one for TDWP clone I will kill myself.

These guys on the other hand are definitely original and something special.
If you think I'm going out of my way to look up one of the millions of bands that this lot sound like for somebody who thinks they're "definitely original and something special", then you'll be waiting a while.

synestershadows
09-13-2010, 04:05 PM
If you think I'm going out of my way to look up one of the millions of bands that this lot sound like for somebody who thinks they're "definitely original and something special", then you'll be waiting a while.

You're obviously not accepting my challenge, so you have admitted defeat.

asator
09-13-2010, 04:07 PM
You're obviously not accepting my challenge, so you have admitted defeat.
:haha:

k.

synestershadows
09-13-2010, 04:11 PM
I mean, it must be easy to find ONE scene band that sounds like them, right?

I guess not.

catalyst329
09-13-2010, 04:21 PM
uhh asking alexandria and miss may i, and thats just right off the top of my head i know theres way more

synestershadows
09-13-2010, 04:25 PM
uhh asking alexandria and miss may i, and thats just right off the top of my head i know theres way more
Okay. Ask any guitarist from either of those bands to play a Word Alive song and they won't be able to.

Asking Alexandria has no interesting guitar work. They just chug the whole time and their vocalist spews lines like "Bitch, you stupid ****ing bitch, you stupid ****ing bitch... ****ing bitch." Wow. So wise.

And Miss May I is just a rip off of AILD.

catalyst329
09-13-2010, 04:30 PM
Okay. Ask any guitarist from either of those bands to play a Word Alive song and they won't be able to.

First off what does that have to do with them not being a generic scene band? Second off im pretty sure that probably all their guitarist could play a word alive song

synestershadows
09-13-2010, 04:38 PM
If you knew the other bands that I listen to, we wouldn't be having this argument. They're like my one guilty pleasure band.

catalyst329
09-13-2010, 04:43 PM
If you knew the other bands that I listen to, we wouldn't be having this argument. They're like my one guilty pleasure band.

And if they are not scene or genric then why are they a guilty pleasure for you?

synestershadows
09-13-2010, 04:47 PM
because people like you consider them to be scene and generic.

catalyst329
09-13-2010, 10:28 PM

Me and and probably 95% of the people on this forum

-tempest-
09-14-2010, 12:56 AM
but they are though. the further you get from scene kids the closer you get to creativity and originality. then the word art is put back into the word artist, which in turn makes music an art form again.

synestershadows
09-14-2010, 01:01 AM
Well good thing they're the only "scene" band I listen to.

-tempest-
09-14-2010, 01:15 AM
solid, your so right about AA. im subjected to them in my girls car and thats all i hear. you listen to misery signals, right? i think i saw you post in there once, im not good on remembering people on here.

synestershadows
09-14-2010, 01:41 AM
solid, your so right about AA. im subjected to them in my girls car and thats all i hear. you listen to misery signals, right? i think i saw you post in there once, im not good on remembering people on here.
Favorite bands include Misery Signals, It Prevails, BTBAM, Elitist, The Contortionist and just recently Painted In Exile.

androidkaita
09-14-2010, 01:56 AM
I dont see the problem with liking scene bands, I really like BTBAM PTH PIE, and all that good shit, but I also like TDWP AA! Whitechapel Suicide SIlence and stuff like that too, I dont see the problem in that

tancanada
09-14-2010, 08:46 AM
but they are though. the further you get from scene kids the closer you get to creativity and originality. then the word art is put back into the word artist, which in turn makes music an art form again.

Whoooaaa dude, just cause a kid likes to wear tacky shirts and straighten his hair doesn't mean he has a shit taste in music.

-tempest-
09-14-2010, 09:32 AM
Whoooaaa dude, just cause a kid likes to wear tacky shirts and straighten his hair doesn't mean he has a shit taste in music.
9 times out of ten, yeah it does. i understand i was harsh but i was tired and annoyed. sorry i guess.

synestershadows
09-14-2010, 10:24 AM
9 times out of ten, yeah it does. i understand i was harsh but i was tired and annoyed. sorry i guess.
Oh btw, nice sig. The Seventh Trumpet is such an epic song.

-tempest-
09-14-2010, 10:27 AM
thank you (:. i did a cover of your lil suburbia is in ruins but the audio always laggs a second on youtube. i thought it would be cool to have the video out there, but youtube doesn't agree i guess.

nice avatar, first time i saw that video i died laughing. the baby falling down the stairs is brutal haha

Meelad360
09-14-2010, 01:55 PM
I also really like them - I got to meet Telle at Warped, I also saw Justin and Tony hanging around the booth, they're all really cool dudes.

catalyst329
09-14-2010, 03:30 PM
Favorite bands include Misery Signals, It Prevails, BTBAM, Elitist, The Contortionist and just recently Painted In Exile.

Elitist is awesome

asator
09-14-2010, 03:31 PM
This thread got better with the mention of Mis Sigs and It Prevails.

lookpizza
09-14-2010, 03:40 PM
Well good thing they're the only "scene" band I listen to.

Then how do you so easily refute that there are any "scene" bands that sound like them?

Also people with Avenged Sevenfold usernames aren't allowed to act like their opinions matter. FACT

edit: I just actually listened to this band... they sound exactly like these guys http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4iJ4CjHdsw

not scenecore bullshit? :haha: :haha:

synestershadows
09-14-2010, 04:03 PM
Also people with Avenged Sevenfold usernames aren't allowed to act like their opinions matter. FACT

This account was made about 4 years ago when I was a little A7X fanboy. Trust me, I grew out of them a long time ago.

Elitist is awesome
They are like the new and improved ABR! So ****ing awesome!

lookpizza
09-14-2010, 04:09 PM
This account was made about 4 years ago when I was a little A7X fanboy. Trust me, I grew out of them a long time ago.

Less than six hours ago you posted and I quote

The Seventh Trumpet is such an epic song.

really man

synestershadows
09-14-2010, 04:10 PM
Less than six hours ago you posted and I quote

really man
If you knew anything, you would know that that's a song by ABR, fvcktard. :haha: :haha:

edit: I just actually listened to this band... they sound exactly like these guys http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4iJ4CjHdsw

Their guitar work is far inferior to Word Alive's.

asator
09-14-2010, 04:11 PM
If you knew anything, you would know that that's a song by ABR, fvcktard. :haha: :haha:

synestershadows
09-14-2010, 04:14 PM
What? The guy has obviously never heard of Thrill Seeker.

lookpizza
09-14-2010, 04:15 PM

Ohhh sorry bro, I confused one shitty band with a slightly less shitty band.

Either way, it's already been established you have bad taste. Just give up.

asator
09-14-2010, 04:15 PM
What? The guy has obviously never heard of Thrill Seeker.
Heard of what now?

synestershadows
09-14-2010, 04:17 PM
Ohhh sorry bro, I confused one shitty band with a slightly less shitty band.

Either way, it's already been established you have bad taste. Just give up.
It's been "established"? By whom? And ABR is not a shitty band. I admit that Constellations is not that great but their two other albums are amazing.

Heard of what now?
So very clever.

lookpizza
09-14-2010, 04:20 PM
It's been "established"? By whom? And ABR is not a shitty band. I admit that Constellations is not that great but their two other albums are amazing.

....am I getting trolled?

synestershadows
09-14-2010, 04:21 PM
I feel like you're the one who's trolling...and flaming.

lookpizza
09-14-2010, 04:25 PM
I feel like you're the one who's trolling...and flaming.

Well **** man you should report me. If I were trolling I'd be like "teh word alive is a great band and not at all genirc scenecore garbage" and then everyone would laugh because only a troll or someone with really bad uninformed taste could believe that... oh wait.

synestershadows
09-14-2010, 04:27 PM
I was under the impression that this was a thread dedicated to The Word Alive. Guess not.

Why not just let people have their own opinions? Say what you want but it won't change the fact that you're completely wrong for telling me I have bad taste in music.

lookpizza
09-14-2010, 04:44 PM
I was under the impression that this was a thread dedicated to The Word Alive. Guess not.

Why not just let people have their own opinions? Say what you want but it won't change the fact that you're completely wrong for telling me I have bad taste in music.

I thought this thread was for The Word Alive discussion
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1175808&highlight=the+word+alive
or maybe even
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1361225&highlight=the+word+alive

and no I am not completely wrong for telling you that you have bad taste in music. Afterall you DO think The Word Alive is a good band :rolleyes:

asator
09-14-2010, 05:31 PM
So very clever.
No, I'm not joking. What the hell is Thrill Seeker? :confused:

synestershadows
09-14-2010, 06:29 PM
No, I'm not joking. What the hell is Thrill Seeker? :confused:
First August Burns Red album.

I thought this thread was for The Word Alive discussion
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1175808&highlight=the+word+alive
or maybe even
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1361225&highlight=the+word+alive

and no I am not completely wrong for telling you that you have bad taste in music. Afterall you DO think The Word Alive is a good band :rolleyes:
It's funny. You've only had an account on UG for a year, yet you act like you own it.

lookpizza
09-14-2010, 06:46 PM
First August Burns Red album.

It's funny. You've only had an account on UG for a year, yet you act like you own it.

:haha: :haha: did you really just try to pull the seniority card? Wow you've been here since 2007, yet I've never even seen you post before. Tell me how am I acting like I own UG?

Edit: It's funny. You've only been alive for 18 years, yet you act like what you has to say matters at all :rolleyes:

synestershadows
09-14-2010, 06:54 PM
:haha: :haha: did you really just try to pull the seniority card? Wow you've been here since 2007, yet I've never even seen you post before. Tell me how am I acting like I own UG?

Edit: It's funny. You've only been alive for almost 19 years, yet you act like what you have to say matters at all :rolleyes:

You never see me post probably because we have different tastes in music. Go over to the Mis Sigs board or The Contortionist board. I'll be there.

Sorry for only posting half the posts that you do, but I have what I like to call a life.

In case you forgot:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life

lookpizza
09-14-2010, 06:58 PM
You never see me post probably because we have different tastes in music. Go over to the Mis Sigs board or The Contortionist board. I'll be there.

...so what your saying is, you only like 2 bands? Well 4 I guess if you count The Word Alive and August Burns Red.

synestershadows
09-14-2010, 07:01 PM
...so what your saying is, you only like 2 bands? Well 4 I guess if you count The Word Alive and August Burns Red.
*facepalm* Holy shit, you're dumb. I don't think there is any law saying that if you like a band you HAVE TO post on their official board. I've posted on many threads but mostly (and most recently) I have posted on those bands' threads.

lookpizza
09-14-2010, 07:08 PM
*facepalm* Holy shit, you're dumb. I don't think there is any law saying that if you like a band you HAVE TO post in their official thread. I've posted in many threads but mostly (and most recently) I've posted in those bands threads.

Ohhh, I just thought cause you were talking about how you were such a veteran member and how things like that mattered, that you would post more than in just 2 threads if you liked a band. Especially with how defensive you get over your poor taste.
:rolleyes:

synestershadows
09-14-2010, 07:12 PM
Ohhh, I just thought cause you were talking about how you were such a veteran member and how things like that mattered, that you would post more than in just 2 threads if you liked a band. Especially with how defensive you get over your poor taste.
Have you ever even heard of The Contortionist? To me it seems like the only music you care about is old school punk.

lookpizza
09-14-2010, 07:19 PM
Have you ever even heard of The Contortionist? To me it seems like the only music you care about is old school punk.

What gives you that impression?!?!

and yes I have heard The Contortionist, they aren't really my thing. Better than this band though, I'll give you that.

tancanada
09-14-2010, 08:04 PM

WIM=gay
TWA=not gay

catalyst329
09-14-2010, 08:16 PM
Honestly i dont think synestershadows has a bad taste in music. Yeah he likes a generic scene band but all the other ones hes mentioned arent bad. The only reason i was argueing with him before is because he refused to accept the fact that The Word Alive is scene and generic.

I guess it just pisses me off when i hear people accuse other people of having a shitty taste in music because music is subjective. Dont get me wrong there are so many people out there whos taste in music i cant stand but i think for the most part most people in the hardcore forum dont have a bad of a taste in music

synestershadows
09-14-2010, 08:27 PM
Honestly i dont think synestershadows has a bad taste in music. Yeah he likes a generic scene band but all the other ones hes mentioned arent bad. The only reason i was argueing with him before is because he refused to accept the fact that The Word Alive is scene and generic.

I guess it just pisses me off when i hear people accuse other people of having a shitty taste in music because music is subjective. Dont get me wrong there are so many people out there whos taste in music i cant stand but i think for the most part most people in the hardcore forum dont have a bad of a taste in music
THANK YOU!
:dance:

lookpizza
09-14-2010, 09:10 PM

PFFT that's spoken like someone who has shitty taste in music if you ask me. :rolleyes:

synestershadows
09-14-2010, 09:49 PM
Wow, you are one thick skulled individual.

UntoExistence
09-14-2010, 09:50 PM

lookpizza
09-14-2010, 10:57 PM
Wow, you are one thick skulled individual.

Yes, that is definitely the case. It's not at all the fact that you don't seem to be aware of sarcasm.

Just for your sake though I'll spell it out for you. I don't care in the slightest what you listen to or anyone's taste in music. I don't actually think it is bad, I can just tell that you take offense to the statement so I continue to tell you so. I do actually think TWA is unoriginal scenecore garbage that isn't very good though, so I'm going to stop posting in this thread in hopes that it fades away.

-tempest-
09-14-2010, 11:07 PM
thrill seeker is amazing. i feel truly sad for anyone who doesn't enjoy that album. that's all i got to add here.

synestershadows
09-14-2010, 11:08 PM
thrill seeker is amazing. i feel truly sad for anyone who doesn't enjoy that album. that's all i got to add here.
In that case, feel sad for lookpizza and asator.

-tempest-
09-14-2010, 11:23 PM
i know its a darn shame, my brothers a bigger elitist than anyone on here and he likes that cd. he won't listen to heavy music and he thoroughly enjoys it. shit even my girl friend who likes poppy radio poo likes it.

asator
09-15-2010, 01:28 PM
i know its a darn shame, my brothers a bigger elitist than anyone on here and he likes that cd. he won't listen to heavy music and he thoroughly enjoys it. shit even my girl friend who likes poppy radio poo likes it.
Did you just imply that I'm an elitist while saying you pity me for not liking a band you like? :p:
WIM=gay
TWA=gay
I agree. ;)

-tempest-
09-15-2010, 01:34 PM
Did you just imply that I'm an elitist while saying you pity me for not liking a band you like? :p:

i don't pity you, i really don't care in all honesty. but it really is really really good music.

asator
09-15-2010, 01:37 PM
i don't pity you, i really don't care in all honesty. but it really is really really good music.
I'm only joking anyway :p: But I still amn't really into them. They just do nothing for me.

-tempest-
09-15-2010, 01:44 PM
I'm only joking anyway :p: But I still amn't really into them. They just do nothing for me.
i felt the same way at first then they came up on itunes a year later when i left my computer alone for a while and got hooked. haha. they're songs are really fun to play :shrug: they definitely made me a better player because of the odd times and whatnot

Adam124
09-15-2010, 03:31 PM
This thread is full of fail.

On topic: the band is ok. Nothing really stands out that much when I listen to them.

lanzaa
09-15-2010, 03:47 PM
good album

UntoExistence
09-15-2010, 03:58 PM
amn't
is this some scottish contraction of am not?

asator
09-15-2010, 03:59 PM
is this some scottish contraction of am not?
Don't think it's Scottish :confused:

UntoExistence
09-15-2010, 04:05 PM
oh. hmm i've never seen it before in my life :haha:

-tempest-
09-15-2010, 04:09 PM
This thread is full of fail.

On topic: the band is ok. Nothing really stands out that much when I listen to them.
not really, well the ABR part isnt, but everything else sucks

tancanada
09-18-2010, 08:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRjiga94qOs
0:42 is the dorkiest thing I've heard in my life. :facepalm:

synestershadows
09-18-2010, 10:49 PM
Or is a it a really cool use of synth? I think so.

Magero
09-18-2010, 10:57 PM
Didn't these guys realise a full length, like... 6 months ago?
I'm probably just losing track of time, but I swear their last album release was earlier this year.

I don't mind TWA. Generic, scene trash, but it's catchy, so it's good to turn the brain off to.

synestershadows
09-19-2010, 12:14 AM
No they released Empires in 2008 I believe. That's the only other album.

SeveredSurvival
09-19-2010, 01:51 AM
After reading this thread I have come to the conclusion that trolling is really funny. To the dudes getting mad on here:

http://ultimatedroid.com/u-mad1.jpg

Mosh to Cruel Hand. All day, everyday.

-tempest-
09-19-2010, 01:54 AM
yeah that was pretty bad, im with you on that one.

catalyst329
09-19-2010, 09:40 AM

I was hoping someone would post that breakdown on here. this is what im talking about when i say i listen to it all the time just to laugh at it

tancanada
09-19-2010, 02:39 PM
It reminds me of some synth line that would be in a black porno

lanzaa
09-19-2010, 02:41 PM
i like that part

synestershadows
09-19-2010, 02:47 PM
i like that part
yeah seems like we're the only ones.

Thebiz
09-19-2010, 08:58 PM
It reminds me of some synth line that would be in a black porno

Hahahahahahaha! Now that you say that it does. Thank you for planting that image in my brain forever. X_X

androidkaita
05-13-2011, 09:01 PM
Necro-bump!

Sorry, but I am too proud of this cover to not share it on here:

Full instrumental done by me, and vocals done by taylorellis2009 (youtube name)

http://soundcloud.com/galactic-pegasus/2012scream-inst

Check it ouuuut!

synestershadows
05-13-2011, 09:04 PM
Over this band.

tancanada
05-13-2011, 09:15 PM
About time man.

synestershadows
05-13-2011, 09:33 PM
I've been over them for a while. I realize how dumb this sounds since I was defending them before.

zezimathehero
05-14-2011, 04:06 AM
Good god does this band ever suck.

Kyle<3
05-14-2011, 10:55 AM
lolzorz

go back and read Andrew/Mike argument on page 3, its priceless.

lookpizza
05-14-2011, 12:27 PM
lolzorz

go back and read Andrew/Mike argument on page 3, its priceless.

Oh yea! Andrew ****ing reported me in this thread and I got warned! :mad:

nashawa
05-14-2011, 12:35 PM
Oh yea! Andrew ****ing reported me in this thread and I got warned! :mad:
He had a habit of doing that.

lookpizza
05-14-2011, 12:43 PM
This thread is proof that a little over half a year ago, Andrew had terrible taste in music. To his credit he is slowly getting better though.. or rather to our credit.

punkforlife93
05-14-2011, 01:22 PM
40posts per page here, I'm going to check that out now :haha

androidkaita
05-14-2011, 01:30 PM
I don't think you guys care haha but here's a video for our vocal + instrumental cover for 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sM8khCevoUE

punkforlife93
05-14-2011, 01:53 PM
Yeah, we understood the first time you posted that. Also, the argument was indeed hilarious, though you were insanely harsh Mike (I found it funny, though)
He had a habit of doing that.
Just saw this and realized what you were saying. :haha

androidkaita
05-14-2011, 01:58 PM
Oh right, but this one was a video link instead of soundcloud haha

synestershadows
05-14-2011, 09:37 PM
This thread is proof that a little over half a year ago, Andrew had terrible taste in music. To his credit he is slowly getting better though.. or rather to our credit.
I didn't have terrible taste in music, this band was just a guilty pleasure.

lookpizza
05-14-2011, 10:54 PM
Andrew, you better apologize for getting me warned right now!
</3

tancanada
05-14-2011, 11:22 PM
YEAH althoughABRisntthatbad

synestershadows
05-15-2011, 12:08 AM
Andrew, you better apologize for getting me warned right now!
</3
That was so long ago. Fuck you.

punkforlife93
05-15-2011, 12:14 AM
I'm sure you'd like to, but he's probably afraid of Danny's cooties.

lookpizza
05-15-2011, 12:17 AM
That was so long ago. Fuck you.
Don't make me show everyone those pictures of you and Danny.

synestershadows
05-15-2011, 12:20 AM
Don't make me show everyone those pictures of you and Danny.
:heart:

punkforlife93
05-15-2011, 12:21 AM
If smilegirl saw those, she'd probably like you more, Andrew. Just give me her facebook so I can message her real quick.

EDIT: Never mind, that was pretty easy to find. Did you know you can message people without having them as a friend? I do now.

synestershadows
05-15-2011, 12:56 AM
If smilegirl saw those, she'd probably like you more, Andrew. Just give me her facebook so I can message her real quick.

EDIT: Never mind, that was pretty easy to find. Did you know you can message people without having them as a friend? I do now.
Wait, I don't even have you as a friend.

punkforlife93
05-15-2011, 01:17 AM
You underestimate me...there was a post about her in the Relationship thread asking if "blank" was her name, and it was easy from there on. I wonder if she'll see it tonight, or if you'll have to wait until tomorrow to see the reaction lol

TheBDanAbstract
05-15-2011, 01:22 AM
Skimmed this thread for a laugh and what do I see; Andrew defending The World Alive with a passion? I was all like WTF IS THIS I DON'T EVEN.

I realized this was all too similar to a conversation that we had where you continued to rip on me for liking As I Lay Dying, Andrew. :p:

synestershadows
05-15-2011, 02:20 AM
You underestimate me...there was a post about her in the Relationship thread asking if "blank" was her name, and it was easy from there on. I wonder if she'll see it tonight, or if you'll have to wait until tomorrow to see the reaction lol
She's on her way home from college. Doubt she'll get it very soon. And what did you send her? And how am I supposed to explain this? Tell her some weirdo was spamming ppl on my friends list with shopped photos of me?

Skimmed this thread for a laugh and what do I see; Andrew defending The World Alive with a passion? I was all like WTF IS THIS I DON'T EVEN.

I realized this was all too similar to a conversation that we had where you continued to rip on me for liking As I Lay Dying, Andrew. :p:
At least the dudes in TWA can play their instruments. :p:

lookpizza
05-15-2011, 02:22 AM
Just ask her if she like Misery Signals.

synestershadows
05-15-2011, 02:23 AM
Just ask her if she like Misery Signals.
Doubt she knows them. The only band she really knows is August Burns Red, and that was cuz I took her to that show.

punkforlife93
05-15-2011, 02:28 AM
Pretty sure Mike was joking. So was I. I'm not that much of a dick, man. :haha Also, didn't even realize you weren't on my friends list

synestershadows
05-15-2011, 02:32 AM
Pretty sure Mike was joking. So was I. I'm not that much of a dick, man. :haha Also, didn't even realize you weren't on my friends list
Thank GOD. That would've been awkward. Add me you bitch! Or let me add you!

EDIT: Friend req sent.

Kyle<3
05-15-2011, 10:44 AM
A chick who likes ABR... I dig that. I always dig that.

TheBDanAbstract
05-15-2011, 12:34 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ara6Q3GQZg

I haven't listened to much TWA, but this a way better display of musicianship than anything I have heard, and I don't even like this song.

nashawa
05-15-2011, 03:03 PM
I'm not quite sure you've ever listened to music.

synestershadows
05-15-2011, 05:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ara6Q3GQZg

I haven't listened to much TWA, but this a way better display of musicianship than anything I have heard, and I don't even like this song.
That whole song just sounded like blast beats and deathcore riffage.

Kyle<3
05-15-2011, 05:27 PM
There was a solo at the end haha.

tancanada
05-15-2011, 08:11 PM
TWA can shred, their music just is kinda less than good.

TheBDanAbstract
05-15-2011, 10:30 PM
That whole song just sounded like blast beats and deathcore riffage.

Exactly why I said I don't really like it. And it's wayyyy more thrash metal the deathcore.

I actually went and listened to TWA again. It's actually not that bad. But I still think AILD are better players.

Phoenix322
06-13-2011, 01:07 PM
Exactly why I said I don't really like it. And it's wayyyy more thrash metal the deathcore.

I actually went and listened to TWA again. It's actually not that bad. But I still think AILD are better players.

This solo is tougher than any AILD solo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3WxenuHr8g