What Jimi could have done on a locking trem...

PDA

View Full Version : What Jimi could have done on a locking trem...

timricke
09-16-2010, 09:09 PM
I jimi Hendrix would have lived long enough, I can imagine he would have been crazy about the locking trem setup on an electric guitar. What do you think? What other innovations do you think he would have embraced?

SilverSpurs616
09-16-2010, 09:12 PM
It wouldn't be the same Jimi-style. I'm not a fan and I know this

TMF128
09-16-2010, 09:13 PM
He probably wouldn't have done more with it than he did with the strat bridge.

To be honest, there isn't really that much you can do with a locking tremolo.

gacharya
09-16-2010, 09:14 PM
Probably. He used the whammy bar enough already... imagine if it didn't **** with his tuning!

He might have also liked some of the new effects.. but guitar hasn't changed all that much, tbh.

crazysam23_Atax
09-16-2010, 09:17 PM
I don't think Jimi would've card about locking trems lik Floyd Rose honestly. I mean, he was a blues guy. Yeah, it was blues on acid. But blues nonetheless.

FRACTUREDx2
09-16-2010, 09:18 PM
The great thing about Jimi Hendrix was that he got everything right, guitar wise.

Levi79
09-16-2010, 09:29 PM
I have this same thought often

kurtebirdi
09-16-2010, 09:41 PM
locking trems seem a bit structured for him, unless he could break it and get some kind of epic infinitely sustaining screech or somethin, he wouldn't like it.

timricke
09-16-2010, 09:52 PM
What can he do on a locking trem that he can't on his strat trem???? what about the reverse divebomb?? you can a little on a strat but not like with a locking trem. Think about it....feedback with jimi pulling up on the bar, creating screeches and squeals that call to you the way only jimi can. I realize that by now we all have heard what can be done on the whammy, but i think jimi would have tapped its resources before what we know now.

timricke
09-16-2010, 09:54 PM
keep the replies coming tho...my opinion may not be urs and that is the great thing about discussions. no wrong answers here!

MonsterOfRock
09-16-2010, 10:27 PM

Joe Satriani and Steve Vai would like a word with you!

For a Floyd player its very annoying to switch to hardtails. A dilemma I face all the time, switching into my LP for its riffs and really miss the Floyd on my ESP when I wanna do a bit of soloing in it.

With a Floyd Rose its much easier (and much more precise) to catch a feedback off a fading note, which Satch does a lot. And Feedback was one of Jimi's favourite weapons. Jimi without a doubt would've been one of the first players to pick up the Floyd.

Alkaline 64
09-17-2010, 02:50 PM

They said that about the original strat tremolo bar.

I think Jimi would have liked it too much and eventually brake it with his teeth.