Between The Skies (We Are The Fallen inspired) (2010)

PDA

View Full Version : Between The Skies (We Are The Fallen inspired) (2010)

Tom Araya
09-19-2010, 12:11 PM
Hi to everyone! This time I present my new song in the style of one of my favourite band - We Are The Fallen (including: Ben Moody, John LeCompt, Rocky Gray from Evanescence). It's nu-metal with some gothic feeling in it, so check it out!

Crit it please!
C4C as always!

PlectrumTheory
09-19-2010, 12:29 PM
Needs more Variation in the main riff. Maybe even cut out the last chorus, but leave the pre chorus. Maybe throw some quick little licks in the solo give it some color. Other then that it's pretty good.

Tom Araya
09-19-2010, 03:35 PM
Thanx....

Rossielle
09-19-2010, 04:14 PM
hey,nice stuff.need more work with the guitar riffs,but it is nice.i like the strings and the piano.i am waiting for your new creations:)

check out my songs please

Tom Araya
09-19-2010, 06:03 PM
Some new songs are yet to come!

cptazad
09-19-2010, 08:24 PM
love the intro, your stuff is always solid man. It's been a while since I came on UG.

Main riff, very very nice! Simple, melodic, and head bang-able

The octave riff (pre chorus), w/ the piano in the background, damn man! \m/ =D

Verse 1 had great atmosphere, verse 2 I didn't like though, something about that muted guitar just didn't do it for me.

The solo, probably would call that a lead, simple, could use work but for a song like this probably best not to touch it and leave it the way it is (this is what happens when you listen to death metal for a month straight hahaha)

10/10 for me, I really like this and I don't listen to music like this usually, breath of fresh air for me.

Got any suggestions for songs/bands I should check out for stuff like this?

Keep up the great work as always Tom!

Tom Araya
09-20-2010, 04:43 AM
Thanx man. My advice for you will be: you ought to check out: Evanescence, We Are The Fallen (ex-members of Evanescence). Albums are:
Evanesence: "Fallen" (2003), "The Open Door" (2006)
We Are The Fallen - "Tear The World Down" (2010)

cptazad
09-20-2010, 04:03 PM
Thanx man. My advice for you will be: you ought to check out: Evanescence, We Are The Fallen (ex-members of Evanescence). Albums are:
Evanesence: "Fallen" (2003), "The Open Door" (2006)
We Are The Fallen - "Tear The World Down" (2010)

Done and done :)

Tom Araya
09-20-2010, 04:28 PM
And what you think 'bout them? )

Afroboy267
09-20-2010, 04:35 PM
This is actually a bloody good piece of music. Theres a few small things here and there to change, but your ears are definatly in the right place.

This beast needs recording!!!

xbitmetal
09-20-2010, 05:06 PM
Beautiful intro, pretty mainstream stuff, but beautiful. Main riff just continues the line, and fits well. First verse works well as verse with vocals. Same with pre-chorus. Beautiful chords. Verse 2 is as chilly as the first one. Works well as verse. Solo was pretty repeating and I think song was a little bit too short. Try Chorus and another solo in end :D! But yeah, 9/10.

Tom Araya
09-20-2010, 05:23 PM
Thnx guys! I'm very appreciated for your crit!. Maybe one day we'll do the recording of this song, or I'll just record vid for the Youtube.

cptazad
09-20-2010, 10:31 PM
And what you think 'bout them? )

Not bad, I haven't listened to We are the fallen yet, but from evanscence, their songs are very catchy (kind of like old linkin park)

DragTheWaters11
09-20-2010, 11:12 PM
It's really good. You have a good sense of atmosphere. I don't really hear anything too gothic in this song. I mean, sure, it does hint at it but it never fleshes out imo. But anyways, great piece of music. Sounds really good bro.

Verse 2 (bar 41) could use a nice, beautiful lead guitar over it. :) No solo. Just a beautiful lead over it. Great job though dude.

C4C? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1363711

Tom Araya
09-21-2010, 06:00 AM
Not bad, I haven't listened to We are the fallen yet, but from evanscence, their songs are very catchy (kind of like old linkin park)

Yep. But you must listen to We Are The Fallen. The're just great.

kyl1989
10-23-2010, 12:51 PM
Iím blown away. Been a fan of Ben Moody's work ever since I can remember and really pick up he's influence here which is great. The strings intro done an incredible job of capturing me instantly, loved it. Enjoyed the main riff as well, had a heavy element to it which I thought worked really well. Had no prob with Verse 1 and the pre-chorus, I did how ever feel that Verse 2 never captured me as well as Verse 1 did (think that's mainly got to do with the muted guitar which I feel doesn't work too well). The solo got the job done IMO (although I think it's got room for slight improvement).
I'm thinking you should consider a string outro (even if it's just for a couple bars) straight after the solo, definitely feel it could add a dynamic and make this piece an even greater one.
All in all I'd give it a 9/10.

I've also managed to take a look at "Breath for You". Found it just as impressive.
Hope we can expect more EV/WATF influenced work coming from you soon?

Danul454
10-23-2010, 05:39 PM
Intro: Nice and calm, does a good job of slowly setting the mood for the song

Main Riff: Catchy riff, sounds good with the piano.

Verse 1: Really dramatic. The piano, bass, and strings all do a good job playing their own part. Vocals could really make this part stand out.

Pre-Chorus: Good harmonies between the two guitars. The piano part does a nice job here, too. The only thing is the last bar sounds weird to me in conjunction with the rest of the song.

Chorus: Pretty similar to the main riff. Has serious potential with the right vocals.

Verse 2: Not as dramatic as the first, but still pretty good. Maybe bring back the strings with the guitar.

Pre-Chorus: Same as before.

Chorus: Same as before.

Solo: Suits the song nicely. I think you oughta have a harmony of some kind starting the second way through and then have it continue to repeat while it fades out.

C4C? (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1372428)

Tom Araya
10-25-2010, 11:53 AM
Thanx to all of you! I have some ideas 'bout the new songs in EV/WATF style. So I'll write more stuff so you can check it. Stay tuned!

kyl1989
11-09-2010, 04:23 AM
Had some time so thought I'd work on this already incredible track. Made a couple minor adjustments like for verse 2, harmonized the solo amongst other things.

-drum track fixed.

Tom Araya
11-09-2010, 07:17 AM
OMG! What you've done with the drums? 0_o (

LessThanLuke
11-17-2010, 06:26 AM
So asides from that three note solo, there wasn't really any "lead" guitar to speak of. The rhythm section is quite well put together though TOTALLY over-reliant on two note power chords and single-note octave chords. It's a nice base to start from, but I'd really try to begin spicing things up.

Tom Araya
11-17-2010, 07:19 AM
It's all 'bout atmosphere and heaviness, not super-technical riffs or sumth.

ShortMonkey
11-17-2010, 10:26 AM
Love the dual guitars in the edited version. What it's missing is the vocals. In the verse and chorus, we have no idea what the lead melody sounds like... that's a massive aspect of the song!