We Were Skeletons

PDA

View Full Version : We Were Skeletons

lookpizza
09-20-2010, 08:33 PM
I've been listening to these dudes hard lately. They have a really fresh sound, especially for a screamo band. More people should be into this. They gots free downloads on their myspace too.

http://www.myspace.com/wewereskeletons

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugTsk5RbIHA&feature=related

DavidTerrawr
09-20-2010, 09:02 PM
hmm they sound pretty good, singing sounds good and the guitars are pretty creative(though some riffs sound a little weird, little blues or jazz inspiration) I think they'd get more attention if they spiffed up their bandpage, like a new layout. Better recording may help and just plain playing shows outside their region

lookpizza
09-20-2010, 09:13 PM
They're not really that kind of band.

kurtrip
09-21-2010, 06:25 AM
hmm they sound pretty good, singing sounds good and the guitars are pretty creative(though some riffs sound a little weird, little blues or jazz inspiration) I think they'd get more attention if they spiffed up their bandpage, like a new layout. Better recording may help and just plain playing shows outside their region
who cares how a bandpage looks..
who cares about good recordings..
its hardcore punk, just listen to the tunes..

phoenix_crush
09-21-2010, 08:26 AM
Love these guys

MustangMan311
09-21-2010, 10:26 AM
The default MySpace page > Fancy, Flash-oriented MySpace page

nashawa
09-21-2010, 10:38 AM
I'm guessing they don't want to be Escape the Fate, so your point is moot.

Kyle<3
09-21-2010, 10:52 AM
Hmm I actually liked this a lot.

kurtrip
09-21-2010, 01:41 PM
I'm guessing they don't want to be Escape the Fate, so your point is moot.
:haha:
oI'm gonna use that comment each time some moron says something about hardcore punk recording quality ;)

DavidTerrawr
09-22-2010, 08:57 AM
who cares how a bandpage looks..
who cares about good recordings..
its hardcore punk, just listen to the tunes..

hmmm That's why when you guys start bands you guys get nowhere. I'm saying if they wanted more attention not how good they are or how they sound like(they are pretty good). All that stuff matters you dimwits, myspace is the most powerful place for a band to get recognition and overall tells if they are good/popular or not. If your page looks like the default myspace page chances are I'm pressing the back button right away without even scrolling down. I'm looking at this from a business point of view people 'o' plain Facts.

lookpizza said they needed more people to get into their music, well I'm just saying how they can GET people to listen to their music, or even look at it. ;)

@Nashawa and your right, they'll never be like Escape the Fate....xDDDDDDDDDD

phoenix_crush
09-22-2010, 09:03 AM
If you exit out of the page because it doesn't have a fancy design with twitter feeds you probably wouldn't like the music anyway.

12shinn21
09-22-2010, 09:09 AM
overall tells if they are good or not.
Explain how you came to this.

nashawa
09-22-2010, 10:52 AM
@Nashawa and your right, they'll never be like Escape the Fate....xDDDDDDDDDD
Thank the lord.

Come back here when you're not 100% retarded. Then we'll talk.

Until that day comes, I can't be bothered.

The fact is that you're shallow and know nothing about the music industry, but you're acting like you're an all-star.

DavidTerrawr
09-22-2010, 12:28 PM
Explain how you came to this.

You forgot to quote good/POPULAR. I'm saying (from a very blunt point of view, when you 1st open a page) and they have a default bandpage, usually most will exit out (I know I do) It doesn't grab your attention and in turn wont get discovered by many. It has nothing to do with how good the band is but shows a lot of how good/bad they are at advertising themselves ;) If you don't make an effort to put yourself out their, then you'll never get discovered 'o'

nashawa
09-22-2010, 12:29 PM
If you can't be bothered to click the play button because the band can't afford a flashy myspace even though you've already followed the link, that just says something about how much of a tool you are. It says nothing about the band.

DavidTerrawr
09-22-2010, 12:35 PM
Thank the lord.

Come back here when you're not 100% retarded. Then we'll talk.

Until that day comes, I can't be bothered.

The fact is that you're shallow and know nothing about the music industry, but you're acting like you're an all-star.

Dude, and who the hell do you think you are?? Seriously bro? Didn't make a comment on the band but instead (like a troll) have to nit pick at someone's comment. I may be a little brute but I'm making a point, I'm talking about myspace dude not the whole music industry, get that in your tiny brain. Until you can throw in your two cents on the matter don't talk crap :director:

nashawa
09-22-2010, 12:48 PM
Dude, and who the hell do you think you are?? Seriously bro? Didn't make a comment on the band but instead (like a troll) have to nit pick at someone's comment. I may be a little brute but I'm making a point, I'm talking about myspace dude not the whole music industry, get that in your tiny brain. Until you can throw in your two cents on the matter don't talk crap :director:
I did throw my two cents in, hence your response. In fact, you quoted my "two cents."

And who do I think I am? I'm someone who actually knows what he's talking about, and furthermore, and actual music fan. I'm not trolling, you're just a douche and the world would be better if less people acted the way you do.

EDIT: And I've talked about how much I love this band in other posts. Just because you just decided to drop in and know nothing of this forum has nothing to do with me.

kurtrip
09-22-2010, 01:50 PM
hmmm That's why when you guys start bands you guys get nowhere. I'm saying if they wanted more attention not how good they are or how they sound like(they are pretty good). All that stuff matters you dimwits, myspace is the most powerful place for a band to get recognition and overall tells if they are good/popular or not. If your page looks like the default myspace page chances are I'm pressing the back button right away without even scrolling down. I'm looking at this from a business point of view people 'o' plain Facts.

I'd rather put more effort in songwriting, DIY recordings (www.myspace.com/laatstehalte; we made recordings in a rehearsal room, we hardly knew how the equipment worked and had only one day to record, but I don't care, for me that's just a part of hardcore/punk) and playing live (recordings mean nothing when a band sucks live)

lookpizza
09-22-2010, 02:05 PM
I'm so confused by this all. Usually if a band has a big flashy myspace I don't bother listening to them because it takes to long to load in my browser and that shit is gaudy. :shrug:

edit: @kurtrip I didn't know that was your band hah I just downloaded your split off Skream your Lungs Out like a week ago. It's good stuff man.

DavidTerrawr
09-22-2010, 02:09 PM
I did throw my two cents in, hence your response. In fact, you quoted my "two cents."

And who do I think I am? I'm someone who actually knows what he's talking about, and furthermore, and actual music fan. I'm not trolling, you're just a douche and the world would be better if less people acted the way you do.

EDIT: And I've talked about how much I love this band in other posts. Just because you just decided to drop in and know nothing of this forum has nothing to do with me.

I never quoted any of your two cents boy. Lets see, all you have done is complain about my comments, you have said nothing knowledgeable or presented an argument towards mine, instead you complained like a girl on her period. I'm done wasting my time with someone who can't even play well yet acts like an elitist :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

phoenix_crush
09-22-2010, 02:11 PM
I never quoted any of your two cents boy. Lets see, all you have done is complain about my comments, you have said nothing knowledgeable or presented an argument towards mine, instead you complained like a girl on her period. I'm done wasting my time with someone who can't even play well yet acts like an elitist :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Dude, just shut the fuck up. You obviously don't listen to hardcore and have no clue what you're talking about.

Also, Escape the Fate is beyond gay.

-tempest-
09-22-2010, 02:29 PM
I'm so confused by this all. Usually if a band has a big flashy myspace I don't bother listening to them because it takes to long to load in my browser and that shit is gaudy. :shrug:

this. i prefer the default page.

edit. to me layouts are gimmicks, and u hate gimmicks. Devinterror(idgaf how you spell your name) probably likes slipknot.

nashawa
09-22-2010, 04:26 PM
Bahaha. I hope you're no older than 13. If you are, then you have no excuse for being so mentally stunned, but if you're in grade 9, at least then I can dismiss you as a moron who'll hopefully grow out of it.

12shinn21
09-22-2010, 08:10 PM
You forgot to quote good/POPULAR. I'm saying (from a very blunt point of view, when you 1st open a page) and they have a default bandpage, usually most will exit out (I know I do) It doesn't grab your attention and in turn wont get discovered by many. It has nothing to do with how good the band is but shows a lot of how good/bad they are at advertising themselves ;) If you don't make an effort to put yourself out their, then you'll never get discovered 'o'
If you meant popular they why even write good? Fancy myspace pages are just a huge waste of bandwidth that are (usually) designed to draw shallow people in, and in my opinion to distract them from how mediocore the band's music is.

zezimathehero
09-22-2010, 08:16 PM
Flashy myspace page generally means i will just leave because i cbf to wait for it to load/and are generally only used by shitty nu-metalcore bands designed to appeal to scene kids.

UntoExistence
09-22-2010, 08:18 PM
it's all about the plain white myspace

SeveredSurvival
09-22-2010, 08:29 PM
Escape The Fate sucks, if people see a myspace and it's not flashy and don't play the band's music. They are total tools.

For example look at Cruel Hand, Touche Amore, Bad Seed and I could go on and on. They have default myspace pages, and look at them, they are infinitely better then ETF. ETF will never reach the musical ability, passion, integrity or mindset those bands possess.

DavidTerrawr
09-22-2010, 11:08 PM
Escape The Fate sucks, if people see a myspace and it's not flashy and don't play the band's music. They are total tools.

For example look at Cruel Hand, Touche Amore, Bad Seed and I could go on and on. They have default myspace pages, and look at them, they are infinitely better then ETF. ETF will never reach the musical ability, passion, integrity or mindset those bands possess.

How the hell did Escape the Fate get into the convo??? lols you guys are funny as hell xDDD getting all defensive on something (which apparently was a meaningless argument to people) All the bands you listed got like 20,000 or less views on youtube, which says a lot erm herm. I don't like Escape the fate, just their old albums (when ronnie was in) and only the most brutal songs, not that poppy crap they had. Everyone get off my balls and drop the convo already, nothing you say is gonna prove anything or effect me :) Guys need to grow up and stop whining like a bunch of little girls :peace:

UntoExistence
09-22-2010, 11:10 PM
god listen to you

-tempest-
09-22-2010, 11:11 PM
How the hell did Escape the Fate get into the convo??? lols you guys are funny as hell xDDD getting all defensive on something (which apparently was a meaningless argument to people) All the bands you listed got like 20,000 or less views on youtube, which says a lot erm herm. I don't like Escape the fate, just their old albums (when ronnie was in) and only the most brutal songs, not that poppy crap they had. Everyone get off my balls and drop the convo already, nothing you say is gonna prove anything or effect me :) Guys need to grow up and stop whining like a bunch of little girls :peace:
we're not whining, your just dumb.

proof in bold.

SeveredSurvival
09-22-2010, 11:19 PM

This isn't whining. We're trying to prove you wrong, which I'm pretty sure we did. Who cares if they have 20,000 views on youtube or whatever, still doesn't make them worse then any bands you like. Seriously, how dare you insult Cruel Hand. That is unacceptable in my space.

zezimathehero
09-23-2010, 12:51 AM
Apparently to this guy popularity = quality.

EDIT: Oh god he's older than me :haha:

nashawa
09-23-2010, 01:42 AM
only the most brutal songs, not that poppy crap they had.
Wait.... what?

:haha Ohhhh I get it. You thought ETF were heavy at one point. Silly kid.

phoenix_crush
09-23-2010, 07:55 AM
you're totes right d00d. The more popular a band is, the better they are. Scuse me I'm gonna go listen to some hXc brokencyde and Jo Bros and Justine beaver lulz.

Adam124
09-23-2010, 08:09 AM
we're not whining, your just dumb.

proof in bold.

:rolleyes:

On topic = Stop being so butthurt guys, I agree with him to an extent. Recordings are important to me. If they sound like cats squealing in a bag then it won't give a band the proper interpretation of what they sound like. Saying that you should go see live but that isn't really practical when you live half way across the world.

Myspace layouts should look ok to an extent. I'm not fond of waiting an hour for it to load and to my dismay find that they sound like shit.

kurtrip
09-23-2010, 08:11 AM
you're totes right d00d. The more popular a band is, the better they are. Scuse me I'm gonna go listen to some hXc brokencyde and Jo Bros and Justine beaver lulz.
davidterrawr probaly thinks those 'bands' are supercool because a huge amount of people (the mindless herd) listens to them

InstantAXonHero
09-23-2010, 01:02 PM
All bands I listen to have less than 10 views on youtube.com, therefore making them the best.

nashawa
09-23-2010, 01:10 PM

On topic = Stop being so butthurt guys, I agree with him to an extent. Recordings are important to me. If they sound like cats squealing in a bag then it won't give a band the proper interpretation of what they sound like. Saying that you should go see live but that isn't really practical when you live half way across the world.

Myspace layouts should look ok to an extent. I'm not fond of waiting an hour for it to load and to my dismay find that they sound like shit.
So, what I've gathered from this post:

"I don't have an opinion, but I want to look like I do."

Zycho
09-23-2010, 01:36 PM
I feel like judging a band because they took the time to get a cool layout is just as bad as judging a band for having a default page.

phoenix_crush
09-23-2010, 01:40 PM
I feel like judging a band because they took the time to get a cool layout is just as bad as judging a band for having a default page.
You aren't annoyed when you have to wait 5 minutes for a twitter feed to load just to realize the music is terrible?

nashawa
09-23-2010, 01:42 PM
It makes more sense to have a basic layout anyway.

In my marketing class, we learned that studies have shown that if a page takes more than 5 seconds to load, people won't bother listening to the music.

SeveredSurvival
09-23-2010, 02:54 PM
Escape The Fates page took 8 seconds.

No wonder I hate them.

STABxYOU
09-23-2010, 03:08 PM

Fact is, selling out will get you more teenybopper fans.
Exactly what hardcore punk bands don't need.

Zycho
09-23-2010, 03:20 PM
You aren't annoyed when you have to wait 5 minutes for a twitter feed to load just to realize the music is terrible?

Of course I am, but I'm not going to dismiss a band because they have some artwork on their page and a color background.

Kyle<3
09-23-2010, 06:31 PM
I tend to like good production... I could care less about what a bands myspace looks like though, as long as the music is good.

But being somewhat of an audiophile and then listening to bands that you know recorded their stuff in a garage... It just kills it for me sometimes.

nashawa
09-23-2010, 06:43 PM
I'm an audiophile, and I'd still rather listen to a band with terrible production and amazing songs than the opposite.

phoenix_crush
09-23-2010, 06:52 PM
I'm an audiophile, and I'd still rather listen to a band with terrible production and amazing songs than the opposite.
I agree fully. As long as you can hear all the instruments and it doesn't give you a headache it's good enough (this rule only applies to good bands obviously).

-tempest-
09-23-2010, 07:05 PM

sorry i messed up by having a typo, looks like im the idiot now. :rollseyes:

lookpizza
09-23-2010, 07:10 PM
sorry i messed up by having a typo, looks like im the idiot now. :rollseyes:

:haha: :haha: :five:

Kyle<3
09-23-2010, 08:20 PM
Like ie. I can only go to hardcore shows... I never really listen to the music on my own, because the audio quality just kinda makes it :shrug: for me.

And sometimes in the production that seems to make the band for me, not always.... but I know some bands on Sumerian I wouldn't listen to as much if I didn't think they were produced well.

nashawa
09-23-2010, 08:21 PM
YER RONG!

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/10_02/63BlackSheepDM_468x290jpg.jpg

UntoExistence
09-23-2010, 08:49 PM
god that thing is ugly

Kyle<3
09-23-2010, 09:03 PM
YER RONG!

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/10_02/63BlackSheepDM_468x290jpg.jpg

:wtf:

-tempest-
09-24-2010, 12:22 AM
^thats one ****ed up goat you got there nash

:haha: :haha: :five:
:haha: dammit. im gunna put something in my sig that relates to my awful, awful typing skills. also my quest to proof read has failed. i suck at forums lol.

nashawa
09-24-2010, 12:27 AM

:haha: dammit. im gunna put something in my sig that relates to my awful, awful typing skills. also my quest to proof read has failed. i suck at forums lol.
It's clearly a sheep.

Once again, your proofreading skills have failed. :D

The Charm
09-24-2010, 01:21 AM
Loving this.

lookpizza
09-24-2010, 01:30 AM
Loving this.

The band?
IS THIS ACTUALLY A POST ABOUT THE BAND?!?
HOORAY!

-tempest-
09-24-2010, 01:34 AM
It's clearly a sheep.

Once again, your proofreading skills have failed. :D
they always do, i don't know why i try lol. im like the worlds worst typer, ever.

The band?
HOORAY!
this band is pretty cool, man. i like it. again my musical taste is weird. the guitar riffs are sick

The Charm
09-24-2010, 02:00 AM
The band?
HOORAY!

Naw it was about the trolling going on.

Just kidding it's about the band. Listened to one song, and immediately bought their S/T album.

Adam124
09-24-2010, 07:32 AM
So, what I've gathered from this post:

"I don't have an opinion, but I want to look like I do."

Explain?

asator
09-24-2010, 09:36 AM

Next task: stop saying "lol" so much. :p:

OT (amazing, huh?): I really like the band. The intro to "This Destroys Us" was putting me off a bit, but from the second riff onwards it rules.

nashawa
09-24-2010, 01:35 PM
Explain?
I don't really see the point, because there's a 99% chance I'll ignore the next thing you write anyway, but this is how your post seemed:

I agree that myspace pages are important.
The music is what matters. Most of the time.
Myspace pages aren't really that important.

lookpizza
09-24-2010, 01:53 PM
Yea glad some people are digging this. Ya'll should check out their album Summers cause it's free and really sweet. Organs and Accusations are two of my favorite songs of theirs.

nashawa
09-24-2010, 02:04 PM
Accusations is probably my favourite too.

phoenix_crush
09-24-2010, 02:06 PM
exposure to heavy metal causes whatever

saxaxe
09-24-2010, 03:01 PM
So yeah. This band rules. It's like a less happy, heavier 1994. Kind of.

Actually, not really at all. But they have parts that remind me a lot of 1994.

lookpizza
09-24-2010, 03:03 PM
They remind me a lot of Off Minor mixed with some Hot Cross.

nashawa
09-24-2010, 03:10 PM
So... like,

Hot Minor? :liplick:

lookpizza
09-24-2010, 03:26 PM
That'd actually be an alright band name...

Adam124
09-24-2010, 03:26 PM
I don't really see the point, because there's a 99% chance I'll ignore the next thing you write anyway, but this is how your post seemed:

I agree that myspace pages are important.
The music is what matters. Most of the time.
Myspace pages aren't really that important.

To an extent they are important I said.

daytripper75
11-24-2010, 11:00 PM
I know these guys. I went to school with them and I'm friends with their bass player/vocalist.

I've seen them live a few times, most recently at their record release show a few months back.

I remember them playing in my friend's living room for his birthday when we were still in high school. That was pretty nuts.

zezimathehero
11-24-2010, 11:03 PM
I like Claude Giroux. And this band. Actually, I like this band more than Claude Giroux. But he gets me more points in my hockey pool than the band does, so that's gotta count for something.

phoenix_crush
11-24-2010, 11:05 PM
Can't wait to see these guys at the Thursday show next month.

The Charm
11-25-2010, 01:25 PM
Rockin out to their s/t right now.

sponj
11-25-2010, 01:52 PM
That'd actually be an alright band name...

just don't get caught saying it.

OT: pretty cool band, but at mid point the album get's kinda boring (too much of the same riffs). still good though.

lolmnt
11-25-2010, 03:31 PM
This band is pretty good. I have their album on my Ipod, but I don't remember downloading it.

Amuro Jay
09-28-2011, 11:30 AM
gbfj

Should have checked them out sooner.

zezimathehero
09-28-2011, 11:33 AM
The bass part in between the songs on their half of the Saddest Landscape split makes my house shake when I listen to the actual record. Feels good man.

Amuro Jay
09-28-2011, 11:42 AM
I was so broke when that split came out. I would have gotten it otherwise.

I dunno if there are any first pressings still around now.

zezimathehero
09-28-2011, 12:57 PM
I had to get the repress, but I don't mind because it looks nice.

InstantAXonHero
09-28-2011, 06:42 PM
Hot Crosssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

daytripper75
10-18-2012, 10:45 PM
Super old thread, but their new album is coming out.

The Charm
10-18-2012, 11:41 PM
Oh shit.

When?

daytripper75
10-31-2012, 06:37 AM
Oh shit.

When?

Considering I just saw your reply, last week I think.

I just ordered it on vinyl. Waiting for them to come home so I can go see them. It's probably been almost a year since I last did.

DimebagLivesOn
10-31-2012, 06:41 AM
Holy shit I've delayed too long on these dudes. Self titled a good starting point?

punkforlife93
10-31-2012, 06:54 AM
This first page is terrible. This band is good.

daytripper75
10-31-2012, 09:59 AM
Holy shit I've delayed too long on these dudes. Self titled a good starting point?

Honestly, I think I like their newest album the most.

You can start with the first one of course. Going in order will let you see how their sound has progressed.

They just played Fest, which is pretty sweet. One of these years I'm going to make it down there.

If you get the chance to go see them, do it. Really fun to see live. I have quite a few times (which makes sense since I went to school with two of them).

punkforlife93
10-31-2012, 10:40 AM
^yeah, and their bassist Rafael is super nice, great live show.

Also, a new TWIABP song is going to have a reference to these guys, something like "I dreamed we were skeletons."

EDIT: Which two did you go to school with? That's awesome. I forget sometimes how young these guys are.

daytripper75
10-31-2012, 11:04 AM
I went to school with Raf and Justin. Both were a couple of years behind me. I don't really know Justin, but Raf and I know each other. I don't really talk to him too often anymore. I usually only get a chance to catch up with him when I see him at shows.

DimebagLivesOn
10-31-2012, 12:50 PM
Honestly, I think I like their newest album the most.

You can start with the first one of course. Going in order will let you see how their sound has progressed.

They just played Fest, which is pretty sweet. One of these years I'm going to make it down there.

If you get the chance to go see them, do it. Really fun to see live. I have quite a few times (which makes sense since I went to school with two of them).
I'll just get the new one, I don't really mind bouncing around. Thanks!

InstantAXonHero
11-01-2012, 09:33 AM
Mad bassist Raf.

datskramzkid
11-01-2012, 11:48 AM
Decent band, nice guys, wasn't sold on the new record. It was good, but not great.

nashawa
11-01-2012, 12:35 PM
Man, this thread was terribad.

lookpizza
11-13-2012, 05:19 AM
I was about to post a status about how there was no good bands on the first page of this forum but then I saw this thread and the COK thread I started and realized I couldnt.... then I realized those bands werent as fantastic as I thought them to be...then I realized theyre stilll the best bands talked about recently... and..... .... ...... who knows

DimebagLivesOn
11-13-2012, 07:06 AM
Did you check this out?

http://necklacing.bandcamp.com/

daytripper75
12-08-2012, 12:34 AM
Just wanted to say that the new album finally arrived a few days ago:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v282/DayTripper75/2012-12-05_20-04-19_182.jpg

The Charm
12-08-2012, 03:19 PM
hawt