The Shadows Have Taken Control | Occult Blasphemy [C4C/Technical Groove Metal]

PDA

View Full Version : The Shadows Have Taken Control | Occult Blasphemy [C4C/Technical Groove Metal]

DragTheWaters11
09-21-2010, 10:23 AM
Hello. It's really just two songs. Both are close to done. The Shadows Have Taken Control is finished, just looking to be fixed up. Which is where you come in... I hope :).

Occult Blasphemy isn't really "done". It's actually not finished, but it looks to be getting there soon. The format of the song is simply free-flowing. There is a chorus. But it has yet to be established really.

Both I consider my finer job in guitar riffs, and soloing. I haven't really been that great with solo's... plus the guitar riffing helps to have a solid drum work, which I hope I've done.

Any help is appreciated. Pick either one to crit. Or both if ya want. That's always helpful.

Wrote these both, in their current entirety, in less than 8 hours. Exception being 2 riffs from Shadows that were in previous "riff bags". So sorry if minor things are messed up or plain (I've yet to fall asleep tonite.. now it's 10:30 AM).

C4C as always.

xbitmetal
09-21-2010, 04:38 PM
Shadows have taken control was intresting piece, many changes. Pretty fast drumwork huh. No bass writen? It could spice really the song, but I got the idea. 3 Guitarists.. Intresting. But drums are a bit rip off really. I couldn't really sense the groove in this song. Don't know why. It just didn't bite me really. Pretty average song.. 7/10

Occult Blasemphy - Pretty hard chords. And alot of solos. Pretty boring to listen. Nothing intresting really happening and alot of soloes. Can't sense really the groove. Doesn't sound like creative. Maybe it's due to too many guitars same time or something. 3/10

DragTheWaters11
09-22-2010, 10:33 PM
Shadows have taken control was intresting piece, many changes. Pretty fast drumwork huh. No bass writen? It could spice really the song, but I got the idea. 3 Guitarists.. Intresting. But drums are a bit rip off really. I couldn't really sense the groove in this song. Don't know why. It just didn't bite me really. Pretty average song.. 7/10

Occult Blasemphy - Pretty hard chords. And alot of solos. Pretty boring to listen. Nothing intresting really happening and alot of soloes. Can't sense really the groove. Doesn't sound like creative. Maybe it's due to too many guitars same time or something. 3/10
Thanks for the response.

But just two things. How are the drums a rip off, and how do the 3 guitars change anything...?

And the chords aren't that bad. :p:

FreakShow99
09-24-2010, 04:51 AM
i thought the solo's where very bland. i think you should really sit down with them and try and make them more interesting. they all tend to sound like a bit of a pac man game, try and add some variation between shredding and sweeping, and try and add some variation in the speed of the solo's (sometimes just holding a note is enough to make something seem very cool).