huevos-influenced wild post-stuff.

PDA

View Full Version : huevos-influenced wild post-stuff.

diamond.joker
09-24-2010, 04:25 PM
don't know what to say. intro was written right after hearing some stuff from huevos :D kinda chaotic compared to my other pieces, and with a solo! :haha:

huevos
09-24-2010, 05:05 PM
If your talking about this song,

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1363395

the drumming style was actually influenced by one of songs from a while back (Prog Jazz was the tentative name I believe).

I don't really see my influence too much on this piece, since I don't write proper motifs (intentionally and unintentionally) or have/use as much nuance as you do.
I must say that this is closer to JesseBlanchard's style of writing if anything.
However, it is humbling and equally flattering to hear that you were influenced by me.

In fact, I think you've given me the way to reverse engineer that song towards completion. I'll be using your song here as reference material, if that's quite alright with you.

JesseBlanchard
09-25-2010, 03:46 AM
Good lord this made me shit brix.

huevos
09-25-2010, 05:23 AM
"And thus, The Lord said,'Bricks shall be shat on the 7th day as penance'."

I was kinda afraid to post that.
Is it correct to quote the lord in quotation marks?

The Wildchild
09-25-2010, 10:51 AM
THIS IS BEAUTIFUL

http://www-static.weddingbee.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/25/z137906.jpg

JesseBlanchard
09-25-2010, 10:43 PM
^ Jesse Blanchard likes this. ^

juckfush
09-25-2010, 11:04 PM
This reminds me a lot of Closure in Moscow and Tides of Man - I'm in love!

I really don't know how to give a critique to this; everything's constructed perfectly. If you don't mind me asking though, how did you go about approaching writing this? Did you start off with a particular theme or concept in mind and run with that, or something else?
The composition and substance of this is incredible, and I've been wanting to try my hand at something similar for the longest time. Amazing work on all levels. :cheers: