First Song- Clean Drop C guitar [GP5]

PDA

View Full Version : First Song- Clean Drop C guitar [GP5]

butterfingers30
09-27-2010, 12:36 PM
So I made this last night at around 1am half asleep. I really wouldn't call it a song, it's just an idea I had. I have never made a song before, and I have little to no knowledge of theory or anything technical. So if you can please just give it a quick listen and tell me things I can improve on. Thanks!

champayne
09-27-2010, 09:12 PM
Really enjoyed this. Has a very pleasant feel too it that really brightened my mood. I'm not kidding, and I'm not going easy on you just because it's your first song. I really find that hard to believe. There are also some parts in it that are a bit unusual, and I would normally interpret this as a newbie's mistake, but everything seems so... intentional. I also would like to note that if some things were tweaked a bit in the rhythm guitar it would make a nice piano part. Not much to say about this song, it's short and sweet, and I like it. For some reason, I can imagine this being on a Christmas special for some sort of classic cartoon. C4C? If you want to, check out "The Nightman Awakens" in my sig.

butterfingers30
09-28-2010, 01:10 AM
Wow thanks a lot for the input I really appreciate it, I didn't think it would have gone over that well. I wasn't really sure about the rhythm (especially in the beginning), it was the last thing I wrote. How I started making this song is I was messing around with the opening chords of My Curse by Killswitch Engage and somehow ended up with that. Haha and thanks for the Christmas idea I got a little laugh out of it. Thanks again. I'll be sure to listen to your song(s) by tomorrow morning because I'm on my phone right now and don't have access to a computer.

sargentlemon
10-29-2010, 09:42 AM
Wow man this sounds really good
If you just put Guitar 1 on Solo on Line 2 it sounds like Jurassic Park >.<
But yeah anyway good work!

crizzack
10-29-2010, 12:10 PM
it did sound pretty catchy, I think that if you work on it some more, add more too it. maybe a bass line, turn it into a full song it might come out pretty good.