Original metal song (melodic death, thrash, metalcore), Guitar Pro file.

PDA

View Full Version : Original metal song (melodic death, thrash, metalcore), Guitar Pro file.

Random3
09-28-2010, 05:21 PM
Hey all I've been working on this song for a while and I'm looking for some feedback on it. I hav't been able to record it yet as I don't have my amp with me at the moment, but I plan on recording at the weekend.

Any feedback whatsoever, thanks :)

champayne
09-28-2010, 05:27 PM
Is it supposed to be bass only?

EDIT: I see the .gp4 file, thanks. I don't have access to GP right now so I'll leave a crit a bit later.

Random3
09-28-2010, 06:29 PM
No, give me a sec :p:

EDIT: Ok it should be working now.

Wquennasar
09-28-2010, 08:46 PM
C standard, **** yeah!

Pretty good stuff all around. I didn't like the solo at the beginning, but then it got to bar 113 and.. awesome stuff after that! Harmony solo was REALLY good.

Harmony dragged on a bit, I thought it'd lead to another solo, but what you did works too.

The chorus was pretty good.

My only gripe would be the Track 5 during Riff/Outro, a catchier lead maybe?

Good song though. I loved the melodeath parts.

xbox_kid1995
09-29-2010, 04:03 PM
I think the breakdown section reminded me of B4MV's "Scream Aim & Fire", and i personalty though the first half of the guitar solo was missing some bite, like, it didnt get my attention, and i didnt like the 3rd guitar(track 5), i honestly think it would do well without it.

champayne
09-29-2010, 06:55 PM
Aw yeah, reminds me of Soilwork and Machinehead. Anyway, pretty unique intro, I don't have any problems with the song until the verse. I don't know why, but the fact that that 7-8-7-10-8 keeps repeating kind of bothers me. I keep expecting it to change the second time, going 10-12 and then changing back the third time, but I'm not really sure why that bothers me that much, so it's not really a big deal. I like the Pre-Chorus, but the Chorus is a bit generic (that same 0-8-5-3 chord progression -core bands use), but there is nothing wrong with it. Track 5 post-chorus is pretty good, but I think you got it a bit backwards. Come on, 48 shouldn't cut out half way, it should end on a kickass note and fade into the chorus. I thoroughly enjoyed the solo. Not much I can crit on something I thoroughly enjoyed. Track 5 on the outro has the same problem, since the part is the same, once again, end on a kickass note, bend it slowly, and then bend it back. Other then the few nitpicks I have about the song, it's pretty enjoyable.

7/10

Random3
09-29-2010, 09:08 PM
Thanks for the feedback all :p: