Of Virtue

PDA

View Full Version : Of Virtue

thecrowing33
09-29-2010, 10:35 PM
Great band out of Michigan. I instantly thought of Misery Signals and partially August Burns Red when i first heard them. ****ing great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nd6msAXtPNE

What do you think??

thecrowing33
09-30-2010, 09:27 PM
bump that shit

synestershadows
11-06-2010, 02:59 AM
This band is great. I love their EP.

thecrowing33
11-08-2010, 11:33 PM
more people need to know about this band.

synestershadows
11-09-2010, 04:39 PM
I tell everyone about them. They're great.

There seem to be a lot of bands like this coming out of the woodwork now. These guys, Seasons, Glaciers, and a few more have just recently popped up out of nowhere. Glaciers is by far my favorite though.

thecrowing33
11-09-2010, 10:40 PM
I tell everyone about them. They're great.

There seem to be a lot of bands like this coming out of the woodwork now. These guys, Seasons, Glaciers, and a few more have just recently popped up out of nowhere. Glaciers is by far my favorite though.

Same here. Misery Sigs is good friends with Glaciers. I'm glad that more bands are making music like this. It shows the better side of metalcore.

synestershadows
11-09-2010, 11:47 PM
Yeah, including my band. *Checks own sig* I think there are a couple links down there. lol.

thecrowing33
11-09-2010, 11:59 PM
Yeah, including my band. *Checks own sig* I think there are a couple links down there. lol.

Dude, i'm loving it. Sounds great. The only thing i'm not too keen on is the singing parts. But they're good nonetheless.

synestershadows
11-10-2010, 12:23 AM
Dude, i'm loving it. Sounds great. The only thing i'm not too keen on is the singing parts. But they're good nonetheless.
Yeah, he's not a member of our band. They were just some guest vocal spots but I love his voice.

Most of the stuff on there is pretty old when it comes to guitars. I've been saving those songs for years and we finally found a vocalist. So we just recently decided to record it, and put it out as a free demo. The "Teaser Clip" shows off two newer songs that will be on an EP that we plan on recording this summer.

thecrowing33
11-10-2010, 12:32 AM
Yeah, he's not a member of our band. They were just some guest vocal spots but I love his voice.

But yeah, I really like the music a lot. Have you guys been on any shows with bands like misery signals?

synestershadows
11-10-2010, 12:53 AM
But yeah, I really like the music a lot. Have you guys been on any shows with bands like misery signals?
No but we plan to this summer. It would be the greatest honor to play a show with Mis Sigs. They are my idols.

thecrowing33
11-11-2010, 10:43 PM
No but we plan to this summer. It would be the greatest honor to play a show with Mis Sigs. They are my idols.

That is, if they're not breaking up :shrug:

synestershadows
11-11-2010, 10:59 PM
That is, if they're not breaking up :shrug:
I don't think they're breaking up.

thecrowing33
11-13-2010, 12:47 AM
I don't think they're breaking up.

Yeah i don't think they are either. Have you heard Karl's side project Solace?

splamron
11-13-2010, 01:18 AM
Wow this sounds alot like Misery Signals... Does it have anyone in Mis Sigs in them?

Awesome, nonetheless

synestershadows
11-13-2010, 03:47 AM
Yeah i don't think they are either. Have you heard Karl's side project Solace?
Yeah. I can't wait for his full length.

Does it have anyone in Mis Sigs in them?
No.

I'm really happy that more bands are doing this style now, but I hope it doesn't ruin the genre. I don't want it to become another scenecore trend.

thecrowing33
11-13-2010, 11:59 AM
I'm really happy that more bands are doing this style now, but I hope it doesn't ruin the genre. I don't want it to become another scenecore trend.

I don't think it will. It's more "musically advanced" if you will. I think it will get overdone though. But I don't think it will get ruined. It will always be a step above most genres.

zezimathehero
11-13-2010, 02:05 PM
AW COOL ANOTHER BAND WITH MELODIC LINES OVERTOP OF BREAKDOWNS WITH LYRICS ABOUT STAYING STRONG AND UPLIFTING STUFF!

for real, this shit is getting so boring.

thecrowing33
11-14-2010, 08:17 PM
AW COOL ANOTHER BAND WITH MELODIC LINES OVERTOP OF BREAKDOWNS WITH LYRICS ABOUT STAYING STRONG AND UPLIFTING STUFF!

for real, this shit is getting so boring.

awesome dude. since when has the definition of generic been changed to bad?

zezimathehero
11-14-2010, 09:18 PM
I never said it was bad, just not very good. Forgettable, I guess would be a better term.

asator
11-14-2010, 10:23 PM
Yeah a lot of these bands are good, just unnecessary. I get tired of that sort of style. I'm basically sorted with Mis Sigs, The Ghost Inside, It Prevails and Life In Your Way for that sort of metalcore. Everything new I hear I always tend to think "oh this is cool. But...meh". I guess I'd have liked this stuff a lot more a couple of years ago. Basically I agree with Geoff.

synestershadows
11-14-2010, 10:41 PM
Yeah a lot of these bands are good, just unnecessary. I get tired of that sort of style. I'm basically sorted with Mis Sigs, The Ghost Inside, It Prevails and Life In Your Way for that sort of metalcore. Everything new I hear I always tend to think "oh this is cool. But...meh". I guess I'd have liked this stuff a lot more a couple of years ago. Basically I agree with Geoff.
So that means you won't like my band. :(

asator
11-14-2010, 10:47 PM
No, it means I'll enjoy your music but probably never remember you as being particularly stand out.

No offense or anything, I appreciate that's it's tough when you put time into it and people just say "nah, don't like it". But you can't expect everyone to like it I guess. I'll have a listen.

EDIT: I actually like it, the exchanging guitar lines are really cool, although very It Prevails.

It's the vocals I'm not into though. The lows sound weird, and the lyrics to the clean part are cringey, sorry. "When I see your face it takes me to another place" just annoys me.

Other than that, good job, you guys are better than I expected.

Kinda getting off topic now though haha

EDITEDIT: As you probably figured, I've only listened to the first song.

TheThirdCut
11-14-2010, 10:52 PM
Pretty much this.
I found these guys a while ago, but I never got into them. Misery Signals, The Ghost Inside and Counterparts are all I can handle.

I used to think "but guise, why would you complain about bands sounding similar to each other when you really like that sound?"
Now I see why. :haha:

asator
11-14-2010, 10:52 PM
Oh yeah, Counterparts, they're alright too.

synestershadows
11-14-2010, 11:00 PM
No, it means I'll enjoy your music but probably never remember you as being particularly stand out.

No offense or anything, I appreciate that's it's tough when you put time into it and people just say "nah, don't like it". But you can't expect everyone to like it I guess. I'll have a listen.

EDIT: I actually like it, the exchanging guitar lines are really cool, although very It Prevails.

It's the vocals I'm not into though. The lows sound weird, and the lyrics to the clean part are cringey, sorry. "When I see your face it takes me to another place" just annoys me.

Other than that, good job, you guys are better than I expected.

Kinda getting off topic now though haha

EDITEDIT: As you probably figured, I've only listened to the first song.
Yeah I get what you're saying. No offense taken.

And as for the vocals, I'm not too into them either, but a lot of people seem to enjoy them and our vocalist is really committed. I tried telling him that we all wanted to participate in writing lyrics but he's very stubborn about it. If the phrasing isn't the way he wants it, he won't like the lyrics and his phrasing is kinda crap. He won't be around for much longer though. He's in the Navy and he's always traveling somewhere new.

Also, those songs, although newly recorded, were written a long ass time ago. I've gotten a lot better at writing and actually have two songs in the tabs forum.
Here they are:
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1380168
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1380649

Ik this is off topic, but whatevs.

llanafreak44
11-15-2010, 07:56 PM
Too chuggy/breakdowny for my tastes. Not bad though.

jonnowev
07-15-2011, 05:15 PM
Very big fan of the EP, would love some new tunes from this band.