Progressive Deathcore, GP5, GP4, Midi, C4C

PDA

View Full Version : Progressive Deathcore, GP5, GP4, Midi, C4C

Macabre_Turtle
09-30-2010, 05:01 PM
E-cookies if you can guess which two bands influenced this. One of which I admittedly tried to hard to sound like.

jimihendrix6699
09-30-2010, 05:10 PM
progressive deathcore? that's one hell of an oxymoron :haha:

Macabre_Turtle
09-30-2010, 05:14 PM
Would you prefer technical deathcore? Plenty of it exists. Definitely not an oxymoron.

miguelito2729
09-30-2010, 06:02 PM
Well hey, I'm not a big fan of Deathcore mainly because of the lack of progression and melody.
That being said I thought this was fantastic, I really loved the part from Page 5 to Page 7; great stuff.

If this were to be very well recorded with a very high quality production I would definitely BUY this in a heartbeat. Keyword here is high quality (like commercial CD ready). Well maybe not but ABSOLUTELY not a crappy line in on a 5$ sound card type thing into Audacity.

Is there any bands out there that sound exactly like this (the melodic part is ESSENTIAL, I don't need more chugga chugga in the first 5 frets on the 8th string deathcore)?

jimihendrix6699
09-30-2010, 06:53 PM
Would you prefer technical deathcore? Plenty of it exists. Definitely not an oxymoron.
deathcore isn't very diverse imo. and is basically chugga chugga, breakdowns, and non-sense vocals, at least from what i've herd, and i've herd a fair amount of it. but i'll stop critizing the genre and move on. :peace:

MustangMan311
09-30-2010, 07:09 PM
progressive deathcore? that's one hell of an oxymoron :haha:
Go fuck yourself.

Sounds good, bro. I hear some Molotov and Veil of Maya? Not too sure. I dig it, though.

Macabre_Turtle
09-30-2010, 09:12 PM
Go fuck yourself.

Sounds good, bro. I hear some Molotov and Veil of Maya? Not too sure. I dig it, though.

Yes, Veil Of Maya. And (a lot less observable) BTBAM. Half e-cookie.

Thanks for the kind words, guys.
Miguelito, look up Veil Of Maya and maybe Born Of Osiris.

jimihendrix6699
09-30-2010, 10:09 PM
Go fuck yourself.

just stating my opinion bro. no need to insult me.

Macabre_Turtle
06-23-2011, 04:22 AM
This song has been recorded now (without vocals) and is linked to in my signature.

JCAshworth247
06-23-2011, 01:28 PM
deathcore isn't very diverse imo. and is basically chugga chugga, breakdowns, and non-sense vocals, at least from what i've herd, and i've herd a fair amount of it. but i'll stop critizing the genre and move on. :peace:

That's why he calls it progressive deathcore, to take the theme of deathcore and progress it further into a new genre because its progressive but deathcore-like and techy as well.

Erra93
06-23-2011, 06:48 PM
Yes, Veil Of Maya. And (a lot less observable) BTBAM. Half e-cookie.

Thanks for the kind words, guys.
Miguelito, look up Veil Of Maya and maybe Born Of Osiris.

I love Veil Of Maya and Born Of Osiris and I really enjoyed your song :)

champayne
06-23-2011, 07:54 PM

I think the criticism against deathcore is unfair, and -core genres in general. Every genre has something to offer, it's just unlucky that the most popular deathcore bands are also the least musically creative, resulting in backlash from pretty much any music fan that doesn't listen to music just for the "br00t4l brEakdOWns!11!" . There are plenty of great deathcore bands out there, you just have to dig deeper.

Anyway, the whole song is reminiscent of Veil of Maya and Born of Osiris. Seriously though, someone could have told me this was a Veil of Maya song and I would have believed them. The strong influence wasn't a bad thing, it kept the song consistent and rather enjoyable. That is until the part with the triplets at 28. It made no sense whatsoever to put it there, and it was pretty boring. 51 is the same thirds thing most deathcore bands did at one time or another, but done a bit more interestingly, I especially like the bit of syncopation in there to mix things up. The song afterwards is more of the same and seem like remixes of previous riffs. 74 seemed like a nice riff until it contracted -core syndrome (I am the biggest hypocrite aren't I :p:?) at 76, with that completely riff popped in. 96 is probably my favorite part. There is plenty of interesting ideas thrown around, especially with the harmonization. I think the bit of dissonance fits in perfectly with that melodic riff. Reminds me of Misery Signals for some reason. Then the rest of the song seems to be also feeling the effects of -core syndrome, as there are plenty of good ideas thrown around, but they don't seem to fit together in any meaningful way.

So anyway, nice work. It's pretty interesting, but I wouldn't really call it progressive. Crit mine? Nightman or Synthetic Damage, I don't really care.

lord_nosfuratu
06-23-2011, 08:53 PM
Surprisingly good. To me it sounded extremely Between the Buried and Me-ish. Which is awesome.

Macabre_Turtle
06-24-2011, 01:09 AM
I love Veil Of Maya and Born Of Osiris and I really enjoyed your song :)

As do I. =) Thanks man.

Anyway, the whole song is reminiscent of Veil of Maya and Born of Osiris.

Surprisingly good. To me it sounded extremely Between the Buried and Me-ish. Which is awesome.

Well, that's EXACTLY what I was going for so I'm glad it's noticable. Of course BoO is rad too, though I wasn't really trying to sound like them.

Macabre_Turtle
06-24-2011, 01:15 AM
Anyway, the whole song is reminiscent of Veil of Maya and Born of Osiris. Seriously though, someone could have told me this was a Veil of Maya song and I would have believed them. The strong influence wasn't a bad thing, it kept the song consistent and rather enjoyable. That is until the part with the triplets at 28. It made no sense whatsoever to put it there, and it was pretty boring. 51 is the same thirds thing most deathcore bands did at one time or another, but done a bit more interestingly, I especially like the bit of syncopation in there to mix things up. The song afterwards is more of the same and seem like remixes of previous riffs. 74 seemed like a nice riff until it contracted -core syndrome (I am the biggest hypocrite aren't I :p:?) at 76, with that completely riff popped in. 96 is probably my favorite part. There is plenty of interesting ideas thrown around, especially with the harmonization. I think the bit of dissonance fits in perfectly with that melodic riff. Reminds me of Misery Signals for some reason. Then the rest of the song seems to be also feeling the effects of -core syndrome, as there are plenty of good ideas thrown around, but they don't seem to fit together in any meaningful way.

So anyway, nice work. It's pretty interesting, but I wouldn't really call it progressive. Crit mine? Nightman or Synthetic Damage, I don't really care.

The riff at 65 is meant to be a "remix" 21. And I think most of the parts you criticized were the VoM inspired parts. Haha. Thanks, I'll check yours out.

Erra93
06-24-2011, 06:05 AM
Anyway, do you think you could upload a mp3 version? :) would love to have it on my phone :p

Seb1uk
06-24-2011, 10:20 AM
Not the biggest fan of deathcore but I quite enjoyed this. Definitely felt some BTBAM in here. The intro was quite sick, kinda got my head rocking. The riff from 21-27 was nice. The dark chords triplets bit is the kinda thing I don't really like it, I just feel it seems really simplistic.

I quite liked the next few dozen or so bars, except bar 54 specifically, it just seemed a bit weak, but I'm just being picky really. The transition into bar 74 worked really well and I really liked the dissonance bits here. The rest of the song is great really, the chordal section was really nice.

Good song overall, not much to complain about other than what I personally disliked.
c4c? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1453656 Make sure you listen to the newest version!

Macabre_Turtle
06-24-2011, 12:12 PM
I'll see what I can do Erra!
And thanks Seb1uk, I'll check yours out!

touke
06-24-2011, 04:37 PM
I like it. The faceless is sometimes considered deathcore by a lot of people, and they are very progressive. So jimi, you were wrong for that. Nice melodies Macabre. Check out the stuff on my page if you can, and tell me what you think.

Erra93
06-25-2011, 07:27 AM
I'll see what I can do Erra!
And thanks Seb1uk, I'll check yours out!