bands first song (melodic metal) [gpx]

PDA

View Full Version : bands first song (melodic metal) [gpx]

ihavenoname93
10-05-2010, 08:27 AM
Hey guys, first is the first tab ive posted to this forum, as well as my bands first song we've written together. Personally i think its a bit generic, but its our first song, so hopefully we'll be able to get out some better stuff in the future. But anyway, any feedback i could get on it right now would be greatly appreciated. thanks. :D

julzius
10-05-2010, 08:58 AM
The riffs are very cool, but without any melody over the top of them, they become very stagnate and repetitive, i don't know if there supposed to be a singer over this but that would defiantly do the job.

I get interested again when the solo's kick in, maybe some more exciting rhythms underneath them, to keep our heads moving when this is all going down?

But over all, with vocals or another melodic instrument, i'd really dig this, reminds me of some 'scar symmetry'.

Toodles!

Shaharz
10-05-2010, 02:43 PM
Any chance you'll upload it as GP5 for those who didn't get 6 yet?

champayne
10-05-2010, 06:27 PM
Any chance you'll upload it as GP5 for those who didn't get 6 yet?

Nope, I already went on song posted in .gpx and the original poster claims that there is no "export to .gp5 function", but instead you get .pdf, .wav ASCII etc. If possible, can you upload it in midi format? Or if you don't mind the trouble, I found this tutorial (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdkK67Y3gqc) on how to convert .gpx to .gp5. Crafty bastards trying to force us to upgrade, GP5 forever!

julzius
10-05-2010, 11:13 PM
Nope, I already went on song posted in .gpx and the original poster claims that there is no "export to .gp5 function", but instead you get .pdf, .wav ASCII etc. If possible, can you upload it in midi format? Or if you don't mind the trouble, I found this tutorial (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdkK67Y3gqc) on how to convert .gpx to .gp5. Crafty bastards trying to force us to upgrade, GP5 forever!

That tutorial is gunna save me so many hassles in the future. thx

ihavenoname93
10-06-2010, 01:16 AM
well i dunno what that guy was talking about. i was able to export it to MIDI and gp5 easily, but it messed with the keyboard track. ill still post it here, but it sounds kinda funny

Shaharz
10-07-2010, 10:38 AM
Well the mix is kinda terrible, guess that's because of the conversion.

But other than that, I really liked it. It was really fun and catchy, Riff 1B was awesome.

It's rather generic, but that's not always a bad thing.

What's the point of all that silence in the end?

ihavenoname93
10-09-2010, 03:06 AM
Well the mix is kinda terrible, guess that's because of the conversion.

But other than that, I really liked it. It was really fun and catchy, Riff 1B was awesome.

It's rather generic, but that's not always a bad thing.

What's the point of all that silence in the end?

yeah, the original gpx i had is much better.

and the silence.. i dont know honestly. :haha: i think my other guitarist had it in there for some reason. i dunno though :confused:

Taclite
10-09-2010, 04:43 AM
Actually reminded me of In Flames. I liked it.

Mauzer1337
10-09-2010, 06:53 AM
Hey. I'm Mr. "Other Guitarist".
The silence was there because I was gonna make it fade into another riff in the early stages of writing the song, but I scrapped that.
I like the idea of adding some melody. I've only used keyboard during the chorus riff and one verse riff, so perhaps I should dig into writing some Dark Tranquillity inspired keyboard melodies? Thanks for the feedback guys. We appreciate it. :)

scarface_
04-21-2011, 12:46 AM
Try this website http://www.tab-exporter.com/