Untitled Drop C Rock [GP5/MIDI]

PDA

View Full Version : Untitled Drop C Rock [GP5/MIDI]

butterfingers30
10-10-2010, 12:55 AM
So the last couple of weeks I have been trying to write some of my own stuff, notice the word trying. :D I finally did a whole song and I am going to try and record it sometime soon (except for the drums) but did it as a tab first. I'm not too creative yet so there isn't lot of different parts to it, I tried though. The transition to the clean part in the middle is a little rough but I didn't know what to do at the time. Last but not least, the solo at the end needs a lot of work, but it is the first one I have done. So please give me any advice/constructive criticism you have so I can try and change it for the better. Thanks.

clanderson32
10-10-2010, 02:22 AM
-I like the intro and the harmonized part but not so much when the third guitar comes in, it sounds kinda cluttered.
-The bars 25-48 are good and i like that part
-The transition doesnt flow just right for some reason...anyway the next kinda thrashy bit is okay nothing good or bad about it
-then it repeats itself through chorus and verse then chorus
-The transition to the clean is very awkward. It goes from a poppy catchy chorus to arpeggiating chords and it sounds way off. I suggest you hold the end chord a few bars to ease into the clean part.
-Then again the transition is very weak, perhaps add a reverse cymbal when going into the ending outro/solo to make it flow, however the lead was very good here, except a few of the bends seemed to be just put there but still not bad

For being one of your first songs it is very good. 7.5/10 for being one of your first songs

Mind critting mine?
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1368804

butterfingers30
10-10-2010, 10:34 AM
Wrong link?

clanderson32
10-10-2010, 10:40 AM
sorry mate, i replaced it with the right one

TheQuo45
10-10-2010, 01:29 PM
Nice track. Simple but great nonetheless