Metal (something a little different) [core] - GP5/GP4

PDA

View Full Version : Metal (something a little different) [core] - GP5/GP4

kylendm
10-10-2010, 08:19 PM
Alright well here's another go of something I threw together. I tried to veere away from the standard 0-2-3-5-7-8-10-12 that most core music uses.

Should I continue?

Song is finished. See post #12

Dio10101
10-10-2010, 08:32 PM
I liked it better then most metalcore that I have heard. Still not my favorite thing, but pretty good. Good structuring for everything. Liked the solo, and the breakdown best.

Seth Shadows
10-10-2010, 11:40 PM
Screams "In Flames".

Decent though

--ATREYUROCK--
10-11-2010, 10:46 AM
Sounds exactly like something August Burns Red would do. Not that that's a bad thing, of course, it just wasn't as original as you made it out to be in the OP :p:

Good though, don't get me wrong, very good.

jackblackyeah17
10-11-2010, 02:21 PM
Critting as I go along

1-18 : Nice riff, but I thought the chords sounded a bit off. Not a huge deal.

19-34 : Really good until the harmony came in. Fairly generic but it fits well.

35-42 : Good chorus-type thing. You could possibly add a little lead like the one on the F# and D chords over the B

43-50 : Very All That Remains-esque solo. Cool

51-58 : Same as before, harmony still sounds off.

59-66 : Awesome outro, easily the best part of the song. Those kinds of leads are really one of your strengths.

Mean Mr Mustard
10-11-2010, 02:29 PM
It was a little generic , as in like it all sounds like something that another band would do, but it was great still, Its still really fun to listen to. I liked it, it sounds like something that a mix of all my favorite metalcore bands would do and I would enjoy it.

TooLz
10-11-2010, 05:00 PM
Awesome, typical metalcore-ish sound with all the triplets and all. Ya know the 9h10p9 ..still though it flows nice. cool tune man.

huevos
10-14-2010, 04:02 PM
If you took the better parts of modern melo-death and metalcore into one song, this would be it.
Good leads, straightforward riffs and a non-obtrusive breakdown really pigeonhole the song quite nicely.

I would continue, if I were you. Decent -core tunes are hard to come by this days.

Wquennasar
10-14-2010, 04:10 PM
That was actually pretty good. Like huevos said, you took the better parts of modern melodeath and made it non-awful -core. Liked the riffs.

frankibo
10-14-2010, 04:20 PM
It was pretty decent but it's exactly what you tried to stay away from, a generic metal core song. nothing about this is original and the scale used is very typical. It's a good song, just sell it for what it is, which is GOOD generic metalcore, like ABR. Nowadays I despise all these shitty generic metalcore bands that are around but I still like the ones who are slightly different or exceptionally good at what they do, such as August Burns Red, who are the epitome of quality metalcore IMO.

kylendm
10-14-2010, 10:58 PM
Thanks guys, I appreciate the comments. Yeah I'm working on finishing this one. I fit another slight solo in there and I'm writing another riff and using a few of the other ones.

kylendm
10-15-2010, 11:44 AM
Alright I finished it up.

There's a few parts I'm iffy about but I think the song ends on a pretty good note.

Wquennasar
10-15-2010, 12:54 PM
Excellent.

Eastwinn
10-15-2010, 04:57 PM
You definitely failed at creating something different. I don't mean to be harsh but it was incredibly generic. That's not to say it wasn't well done. I liked the riff at 35. The rest were forgettable.

It's clear that you know what you're doing though, and that's great.

kylendm
10-15-2010, 07:14 PM
^
Totally agree :haha:

I still think it sounds pretty cool though and I thought the breakdown was semi memorable personally. I appreciate the crits guys. The only thing this song really brought to me was that it was the longest song I ever wrote. :facepalm: I guess that's not a bad thing but most of my work is in 2 1/2-3min range and this was about 3 1/2 so that's cool I guess.