Metalcore Chorus Thing (Gp5)

PDA

View Full Version : Metalcore Chorus Thing (Gp5)

ibz120
10-10-2010, 09:26 PM
A little metalcore like chorus thingy..

Tell me if you like?

Criticism welcome

PLUCK
10-10-2010, 09:47 PM
Wow this was actually way better than I expected! Sounds kind of August burns red:ish to me or something ( that is a good thing!). great melody, it really sticks out at the same time as its being catchy. Fresh sound. I was thinking maybe you could squeeze in another chord like before the riff starts over again, maybe the second time or something. Tried a couple but nah it sounded better off without those I tried. If you want to maybe you could mess around with that but hey thats just my opinion. The clock is 03:45 in the morning so I'm not really capable of saying much more than that this riff / chorus has some real potential of being a strong part of a great song! I really hope you make somthing out of this - If you do - please let me know :) Do you have a band?

// Leon

ibz120
10-10-2010, 09:54 PM
Hey, thanks a lot! I'll try maybe turning the ending chord into a V7 chord, and adding another or something like that. I don't have a band, but I would love to play in one haha. I'll let you know once I get the rest of the song finished :)

jh1193
10-11-2010, 12:02 PM
Holy crap thats amazing! I wish I had come up with that. I wouldn't change anything about it, its beautiful. Sounds like a perfect chorus to me, you have any more of the song? I would love to hear it.

Check out my work-in-progress and let me know what you think.
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1370386

PLUCK
10-12-2010, 05:40 AM
Yeah I was thinking a V7 but none of the inversions i tried sounded good and the more i think about it - you don't need to change anything! :D Really awesome riff and as jh1193 I also wish I hade come up with that! Impressive!

Btw, would be sweet to hear what you think about a potential song i wrote a while ago.. :) http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=25473690#post25473690

ibz120
10-12-2010, 08:37 PM
Yeah I tried adding another chord, but it really didn't sound as good as it already does :p. I left critique on your video :D.