Need some help with my song.

PDA

View Full Version : Need some help with my song.

jh1193
10-11-2010, 11:42 AM
Ive been working on a song and cannot figure out a transition from the into to the verse. Can someone please suggest something to me ive tried many things and the slide thing is the best ive come up with. And let me know what you think about the whole song if you want. All input is very appreciated. I only have about a minute of if done so far because of the transition issue.

ibz120
10-11-2010, 12:29 PM
Hey man thanks for the crit on my chorus!

Listening to it, I think the verse should be the intro and the intro should be the verse.

Try keeping the "intro"(verse as of now) part short (repeat 2 times without drums, ) and on the last part of it have the drums come in, and then go to the "verse" ( what is the intro right now).

That might/might not work, but that's what I thought of when I listened to it.

jh1193
10-11-2010, 12:32 PM
Thanks. Ya I was starting to think the verse now seems more intro-y. I just cannot figure out how to transition from the two. Any ideas? Its been killin me all night i could sleep i was tryin to figure it out.

ibz120
10-11-2010, 12:41 PM
Try not having drums in your intro until the very end, or just a crash to keep beat or something. Try having it kick in right before the verse. If that doesn't work, try making a 1-2 bar long guitar transition part where it goes from like, high to low, to medium to low pitch, if that makes sense.

jh1193
10-11-2010, 12:48 PM
Ya well my friend plays drums so im just lettin him take care of the drums i have to write all the guitar parts. I put the verse as the intro and idk if it sounds right. And i might have a transition for them going i cant decide if i should do chords or pick something out.

Mean Mr Mustard
10-11-2010, 02:53 PM
Just have the open notes ring out for like 2 bars and have a drum fill in the second bar then go right into it