Here's a chord thingie I made [Chord Progression] [Want Advice]

PDA

View Full Version : Here's a chord thingie I made [Chord Progression] [Want Advice]

Zombiechao
10-11-2010, 01:54 PM
Here's a chord progression I made.
C Gadd4 C7 Adim Gm Gmadd6 Gm Gmadd6 Dm Am Gsus4 G C5
What kind of melodies should I play over it and what kind of substitutions can I make to the progression throughout the song?
Also is it good?

MobiuZ
10-11-2010, 03:14 PM
well give me a rhytm/melody with those chords in .gp and ill crit it , since i dont know **** shit about music theory.

What kind of melodies should I play over it and what kind of substitutions can I make to the progression throughout the song?

Why aks this question ? music should be a natural thing not a thing bound by what you shouldn't or what you "can't" do. its up to you to make it awesome , just let it flow !

AlErDz5
10-12-2010, 02:41 AM
Yea it's your basic progression. It's fine. I like the chromatic line from the 1st to 4th chords. I also like how your added 6 on the Gmin helped lead into the Dmin.
I think it modulates.. no it definitely modulates. Twice. Whatever, I'm tired as hell. I tabbed it out to hear it, and decided it'd be a waste not to upload it. I changed that Adim with an F7, the Adim was just really rough. Also, "Gmadd6" is just Gm6.
For melodies, I don't really know the duration, rhythm, or exact voicings of the chords so I can't exactly help you out.

Zombiechao
10-14-2010, 12:55 AM
By what melodies should I use I meant what scales would fit over the chords. I should make a small correction. I realized I wasn't playing an Adim I beleive was playing an Ahalfdim (A C Eb G). That'll make it sound less rough.

Deep*Kick
10-14-2010, 08:38 AM
take it to musicians talk