metal track (need help with drums please)

PDA

View Full Version : metal track (need help with drums please)

10-13-2010, 06:57 PM
hey everyone

im pretty new to writing music (ive only been playing two years) and this is something ive been working on for a few weeks, its metal (lol) Im not sure if it fits into a subgenre but i suppose its not important.

Its nothing special, but i need abit of help so i figured i would ask.

so far i have only written the rythm guitar and before i write leads over it i wanted to do the drums. i tried and failed miserably coming to the conclusion that i have absolutely no idea how to write drums.

So i was hoping if someone had the time to spare that they could come up with something for me so that ive got a backing track to play/record against.

all credit for drums will of course go to you and you will have my gratitude :D

oh and like i said im new to writing so any comments or advise would be appreciated, i can reply c4c but i doubt i could give usable critisism lol

cheers

Nath

Sewe Dae
10-13-2010, 07:18 PM
I took a look at it because I have some time on my hands and I think I should have been drummer. :) But I think you need to cut down on the riffage. The song loses unity because it's one riff after another and nothing to tie the music together. Try to think of how the music progresses, builds tension, sustains it, and releases it (obviously with metal there's very little releasing but you get the idea), choose riffs to facilitate this process, and cut out the rest.

10-13-2010, 07:23 PM
okay cool, i see where your coming from.

ill have too have a look through it with fresh eyes tomorrow because im going to have to get to bed if i want to get up in time for work.

thanks for your time

Nath