1st post : Epic progressive metal [GP5]

PDA

View Full Version : 1st post : Epic progressive metal [GP5]

prognico
10-14-2010, 07:05 AM
Hello everyone.
I'm Nicolas from France and am here to share my passion for progressive metal and guitar.
I'd like to have your opinion about an epic and progressive song called Reaching Andromeda. I wrote it with the other Perpetual (e)motion guitar/keyboard player, the drummer wrote the lyrics.
tt's not really a technical song but we really enjoy playing it.

It's pretty long, so I had to cut it in 3 parts...

adj209
10-14-2010, 07:17 AM
WOW. I would love to see a recording of this. It looks very promising

prognico
10-14-2010, 07:22 AM
Thanx for this 1st answer adj. We're currently recording it, but it should be a long process, as we only can record twice a month. Laurent recorded a demo intro which makes the song even longer. You can listen to it here :
http://www.perpetual-e-motion.net/tabs/Intro_Reaching.mp3
Yes, he likes Symphony X (so do I...).

adj209
10-14-2010, 07:25 AM
Has anyone ever mentioned that the intro soudns very Final Fantasy-esque?

prognico
10-14-2010, 07:38 AM
Nope, even the drummer and the bass player, who are both video games addicts, didn't mention it. And I only play Grand Chelem tennis on my Wii, so FF is an unknown world to me.

Kirborg
10-14-2010, 08:50 AM
props for the craftmanship. the lyrics are kind of angsty/cheesy though.

prognico
10-14-2010, 08:55 AM
props for the craftmanship. the lyrics are kind of angsty/cheesy though.
TY Kirborg. It's always hard for french bands to write good lyrics in english. 2 years ago, I had the idea to write lyrics in french, but they didn't fit the music. BTW, if you find grammatical mistakes in the lyrics, don't hesitate to tell me...

Kirborg
10-14-2010, 08:58 AM
TY Kirborg. It's always hard for french bands to write good lyrics in english. 2 years ago, I had the idea to write lyrics in french, but they didn't fit the music. BTW, if you find grammatical mistakes in the lyrics, don't hesitate to tell me...

im no native english speaker either so when it comes to writing lyrics i definitely share your burden ;) i just finished listening and im impressed by how refined it all is, you must have spend a lot of time on it.