kylendm
10-14-2010, 12:58 PM
Just as the title says. :haha:

ibanezfaz
10-14-2010, 01:15 PM
That is just brilliant!! I love it!

huevos
10-14-2010, 04:11 PM
Post-metal style. Very nicely done. I must say that the harmonies of this song are pleasant in many ways.
The dissonance is not as blinding as most other pieces I've seen (including my own).

I gotta say that the beginning had a Fire Emblem/nintendo air to it, with the ensemble strings and all.

The 1st main riff is delicious. This is the post metal I was referring to earlier. Nice ambiance throughout.

The transition to the "polka era" riff was well done. It set the mood for the following riff in a grand way. And the leads here were masterful, if a bit on the wanky side. I'd say it's about the only con of the song/experiment. And at that, it's still just a minor issue.

I must ask, how did you go about crafting something like this? I list an endless list of what I perceive were your influences, but I don't think that would do it justice.
On top of that, you have a solid understanding from what I've seen in your other works, but this is something else.
I say you finish this song if possible. Or make another song in vein of this one.
Good stuff mate.

C4C?
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1367316

kylendm
10-14-2010, 10:01 PM
I have no idea where to even go with this as it was something that really came out of no where when I was writing. Just like one of my other songs that was fairly heavy and chromatic.

I appreciate the crits guys. As far as influences go well lately I've been listen to Breaking Benjamin :haha: but they aren't even close to this. I try to sway on my own thing sometimes and this is what pops out. I mean you could classify it with something I'm sure but this is really beyond me as to influences since I really didn't have any.

I'll crit yous in a bit.

jackblackyeah17
10-15-2010, 12:11 AM
Interesting. I'm a big fan of your work, but this was totally different from anything else I've seen you do. The strings do give it a very Fire Emble-esque feel. All the riffs are good, especially the one from 25-32, which is a lot more similar to your other stuff. The chromatic riff at 49 made me laugh. Overall the leads were good, but not spectacular.

Although it's not at all my style, it's nice to hear something like this once in a while.

Shaharz
10-15-2010, 06:37 AM
Haha, that was awesome.

I like the intro thingi, but then it got pretty boring. bars 9-32 really didn't do it for me, it was pretty monotonic and I got bored by the time it was over.
Then it becomes ****ing awesome! Loved everything from 33 to the end. You gotta go further with it, it's got serious potential imo.

c4c?
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1365775