melodic death-type riffs needs work

PDA

View Full Version : melodic death-type riffs needs work

razorback91
10-15-2010, 03:17 PM
i've just put this together only it needs expanding and i cant decide which way to take it, any ideas?

i've added another track (IDEA1) i was working on to see what you think, the drums are an afterthought i'll have a real drummer working on it when the guitars are finished

Nemesis@Germany
10-15-2010, 05:43 PM
sorry bro.. it's pretty generic imo.
it's just like i've heard it thousand times before from other bands.

razorback91
10-15-2010, 06:02 PM
hey its cool you're entitled to your opinion, i know its far from original and i like unique music such as gojira but my friend and i really enjoy playing this style on guitar.

Nemesis@Germany
10-15-2010, 06:16 PM
ok, i'm trying to be more constructive now:
it really needs a better drumming!
the guitars as they are are okay, nothing special, generic metalcore or something, but you can make it more interesting and powerful by altering your drum patterns!
it's good to have them emphasive on your "bridge" chords, but you have to handle the drums as an own instrument.
yet your drums sound like it's just there, filling some gap.
i hope you know what i mean.

Dio10101
10-15-2010, 06:21 PM
Sounds more like metalcore than melodic death. Pretty generic and typical, but most metalcore type music is. The structure seems a bit awkward too, like there aren't enough measures. It makes it sound weird and pretty bad. The drums could use some spicing up as well.

razorback91
10-15-2010, 06:33 PM
well there is only 11 bars and its just a rough idea right now, im not going to put in a poppy chorus and a breakdown and how can it be typical yet wierd?

razorback91
10-15-2010, 06:46 PM
ok, i'm trying to be more constructive now:
it really needs a better drumming!
the guitars as they are are okay, nothing special, generic metalcore or something, but you can make it more interesting and powerful by altering your drum patterns!
it's good to have them emphasive on your "bridge" chords, but you have to handle the drums as an own instrument.
yet your drums sound like it's just there, filling some gap.
i hope you know what i mean.

yeah the drums were added just as a backing really while i tryed to flesh out more ideas for guitar