Ska! (GP4/5 & TG)

PDA

View Full Version : Ska! (GP4/5 & TG)

cgolden
10-16-2010, 02:01 PM
This is a piece I've written for my ska band. We're kinda a mixture of Streetlight Manifesto, The Supervillains, and some poppier aspects of Less Than Jake.

This tune however, is the 2nd song in the direction we're headed in now, which is almost a kind of fourth-wave type thing, very Streetlight style.

Please give a listen even if you aren't into ska; I think it's a pretty sick tune with some very cool melodies.

Edit: Oh, and make sure your speakers are handling bass nicely. It's turned up in the mixer, but it doesn't always come through, and bass is a pretty big part of this tune!

cgolden
10-17-2010, 04:25 PM
Really? Forty people have looked at this, and no one could give a response? Apparently UG's really gone downhill.

yellowshirtguy
10-19-2010, 04:12 AM
Hey, I just listened to your song.

I've never really listened to anything in this genre before, so keep that in mind...

The beginning sounded really busy. It seemed really disorganized to me.

Once it got to the prechorus I was really enjoying it. I thought the transition from the prechorus to the chorus was really creative and the chorus was just great. The rest of the song from there seemed to flow a lot better than the beginning. I'm not sure if this is just because I was getting used to the way this kind of music is or if I just liked those parts better.

Pretty good I'd say overall. I'd really like to hear an actual recording of this.