Groove

PDA

View Full Version : Groove

xbitmetal
10-17-2010, 08:21 AM
Yeah, so I ended up in something pretty groovy style. Pretty highly lamb of god influenced. I hope you enjoy. C4C!

TheBigProjekt
10-17-2010, 10:47 AM
Intro is very Lamb of God-like. I like the groove to it, it's catchy. The verse is also groovy as hell, it's really solid and just sounds like it should get people bouncing. Break is good, panic chords there sound solid. I like the little "descent" at the end of the phrase. Verse 2 is pretty good, it just seems a bit "off" with the triplets. It's still a good riff, just maybe no there. Then the break repeats. I don't really care for the first tempo change too much, it just seems to repetitive and not great. Verse repeats, and a solo comes in. The solo sounds pretty good, but I think it ends a bit too suddenly. You use another riff and the song ends, but I think it's too sudden again.

Overall a very good song, a few parts that need to be polished, but it's still very groovy.

8/10

C4C? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1371995

Dio10101
10-17-2010, 10:53 AM
Everything is really cool, except for the fact that most of your measure phrasings are in groupings of three, which i'm not totally digging, cuz it hurts the flowing feel that groove has to me. The solo is very in the style of lamb of god.

Don't bother crtting any of my stuff

Wquennasar
10-22-2010, 10:53 PM
Intro - Pretty cool

Verse 1 - Sounds like the intro, maybe change it a bit?

Break - Really didn't like those random G#/A parts; not bad overall

Verse 2 - Pretty good

Chorus - Better

Breakdown/verse 3 - Again, the G#/A thing was really awkward

Verse 4 - Pretty good

Solo - Chaotic stuff, well done

Chorus - I'd put in a big drum outro starting bar 130. Bar 129 is really cool.

Not my favorite genre, but it was definitely well written, good job!