Help me figure out what song this is

PDA

View Full Version : Help me figure out what song this is

WalrusNutFart
11-03-2010, 10:43 PM
It's definitely a classic rock song. The only part I hear in my head is the main riff so I tabbed it out and it goes like this. There is a flute that is also paying the riff. The sad thing is that I think I have this song, I just have far too much music to go through. This is really bugging me cause I know that I know this song.
e------------------------------------------------------------
B------------------------------------------------------------
G------------------------------------------------------------
D-------------------------------------------------------------
A ------------------0----0-2--2-0---------------------------
E-0---0-0--2---2-----------------2------0---0-0-2---2-0

cobracarg
11-03-2010, 11:06 PM
its maybe a jethro tull song because they are the first classic rock band that came in mind that use flutes alot in their songs,

WalrusNutFart
11-03-2010, 11:10 PM
No I don't think it's Jethro Tull, or at least not any of the Tull that I have. Thanks for the suggestion though.

master
11-06-2010, 04:12 PM
I don't recognize the riff but I know the Moody Blues, Focus, and Canned Heat sometimes feature the flute. If you have those bands in your collection it might be a good place to start.

WalrusNutFart
11-07-2010, 12:28 AM
I don't recognize the riff but I know the Moody Blues, Focus, and Canned Heat sometimes feature the flute. If you have those bands in your collection it might be a good place to start.

Yeah the riff is too heavy for the moody blues and canned heat. I don't know about Focus though, I've never heard them. I'll go have a listen. Maybe I thought I had heard the song before, but I just played it back today and I really am not sure if it's a song. I've had this happen a couple times before, but I usually can tell if it's a song within a short amount of time because I had been listening to it recently. I just heard this one in my head the other day, and realized it sounds very similar to a riff that I wrote last year, so I'm starting to think it's original.

Born2Fun
11-27-2010, 09:31 PM
it really DOES sound like the interlude riff to jethro tull's "The Teacher": http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/j/jethro_tull/teacher_tab.htm

and i never even knew to play that riff up on the 5th frett. i usually play it down on the second kind of like the way you had it.