The ONLY Band Name Thread

PDA

View Full Version : The ONLY Band Name Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15

HandsofStone
02-21-2009, 04:23 PM
I'm trying to start a Death metal band that focuses on demonology and angel "mythology", also early christian history like Rome, the Crusades and the Inquisition and so far for names I've got Malleus, Asmodai (that might already exist), and Uriel. anyone wanna help? also you can suggest something if you want.) o and none of the bloodrectumslaughter or w/e the **** death metal bands usually call themselves

Fearnohamsters
02-22-2009, 06:49 PM
What sounds best Scythya, Silent and puzzled, Already suspicious, Enter night.
My band plays heavy metal

Baba O'Riley
02-24-2009, 12:02 AM
^^^ I like Scythya the best.

Symmetry4321
02-24-2009, 06:09 AM
to skwelcher

try epidemic or something

Yuko_TH
02-28-2009, 02:47 PM
What do you think of Strange Days? We're progressive rock.

Mr.Cuddles
02-28-2009, 06:00 PM
What do you think of Strange Days? We're progressive rock.
sounds cool, but it's also the title of a doors song...
RadioPuppet or the Bikini Whale for a band that sound like boston-muse-queen-the cars-Bowie, also fairly shockrockish

Highwaytohell
02-28-2009, 06:39 PM
RadioPuppet or the Bikini Whale for a band that sound like boston-muse-queen-the cars-Bowie, also fairly shockrockish

I think Radio Puppet sounds really cool

To the guy with strange days- Could work, if you're playing lighter prog.

Highwaytohell
02-28-2009, 06:40 PM
I'm trying to start a Death metal band that focuses on demonology and angel "mythology", also early christian history like Rome, the Crusades and the Inquisition and so far for names I've got Malleus, Asmodai (that might already exist), and Uriel. anyone wanna help? also you can suggest something if you want.) o and none of the bloodrectumslaughter or w/e the **** death metal bands usually call themselves

Malleus sounds cool
Just look up those latin words to make sure they aren't already taken by bands

famous1234
02-28-2009, 07:20 PM
Names for a ska/punk band. Any ideas?

Yuko_TH
02-28-2009, 07:26 PM
... and album, we know that :P

Mr.Cuddles
03-01-2009, 10:07 AM
... and album, we know that :P
then by all means go for it lol, sounds sweet.

get ta led out!
03-01-2009, 12:49 PM
For a metal/punk/rock thing,

Lost Generation
Southhaven
Riot Gun

which ones the best?

HeavyReverb
03-01-2009, 04:41 PM
For an Alt-rock/Indie band how about the Dynamics?

Falsealibis
03-03-2009, 01:42 PM
For an 80's rock kinda thing:

EverEdge

Yay, Nay?

EDIT:
The dynamics sounds really cool.

madcowman19
03-05-2009, 10:51 PM
For an 80's rock kinda thing:

EverEdge

Yay, Nay?

EDIT:
The dynamics sounds really cool.

I'm for it! Pretty cool name.

Some of my friends named our metal band:

Destroyer Angel

Opinions?

EDIT: one of my other friends came up with a pretty cool name

Idle Warship

Think about it

Say Ocean
03-06-2009, 12:33 AM
How do these sound?

Ender

Say Ocean

Warplanegrey

madcowman19
03-06-2009, 03:26 PM
How do these sound?

Ender

Say Ocean

Warplanegrey

Say Ocean is alright

Ender = Ender's Game

Warplanegrey? Nah

shattamakar
03-07-2009, 09:00 AM
ok im a bassist in two bands and im starting a new band..pls rate the first two names and tell me how the third sounds,. 1.LSD ~leader step down/life sucks dude 2. Synchronon ~ this is my fav band and my fav name, 3.myndphuk~ tell me how it is

MetalCro
03-08-2009, 07:20 AM
we are a trash metal band and we have a few ideas for the name but we would love to hear some of yours too =)
here are our ideas, tell us wich one is better or if they 're both stupid=)

Dark Atmosphere
and
Poisoned Arrow

this is a great thread =)

Shredxmyheart
03-08-2009, 10:53 AM
Not too fond of either to be honest with you. Dark Atmosphere has potential maybe try Black Atmosphere or something. Dark just seems too vague.

Anyway. I'm in something of a punk band and we've been kicking around a couple of names that I came up with and I need some feedback.

1. With Each End Down (W.E.E.D.)
2. The Undersigned
3. User-Friendly Soldier

I'm not sure which one I like best or if I like any of them at all. I'm also open to suggestions.

MetalCro
03-08-2009, 11:06 AM
Not too fond of either to be honest with you. Dark Atmosphere has potential maybe try Black Atmosphere or something. Dark just seems too vague.

Anyway. I'm in something of a punk band and we've been kicking around a couple of names that I came up with and I need some feedback.

1. With Each End Down (W.E.E.D.)
2. The Undersigned
3. User-Friendly Soldier

I'm not sure which one I like best or if I like any of them at all. I'm also open to suggestions.

thanks for your suggestion, i am not native english speaker so we need to hear how our names names sound to someone who is, Black Atmosphere is better, but we will try to think of some more names, out of your band names, the first or the second name sounds good

IHeartMyCrybaby
03-08-2009, 11:31 PM
any idea of names for a metal/hardcore band

C_had
03-09-2009, 12:26 AM
any idea of names for a metal/hardcore band
i was gonna use Clan of Angels for my band name, i dont think its too great but you can take it if u want.. too bad its already been registered by me.. :(

Kiwilagoon
03-09-2009, 11:24 AM
Does anyone have an idea for a six piece classic rock (think AC/DC, Stones, Beatles and The Who) type band? We originally thought of something to do with Dice, since a dice has six sides, but we can't really come up with something really original...

Preferably as simple but yet good as possible, thanks!

Travesty_Prone
03-09-2009, 03:52 PM
Crit these, please:

Southern Sunburn

Copernican Shift

Kings Row

The Dominoe Theory

we play rock :)

Invokke_Havokk
03-09-2009, 11:03 PM
I have some band names, some I plan to use others I'm willing to let others use if they like (just PM me if you like one of the names ;))

Welcome to my World (WtmW)

World Sin
(just happened to have the word "world" in it, I'm not trying to make a band name with world in it :P thats just how it happened)

Blind Sight

The Anti-Prejudice

Out of Order (I personally hate this one, but my band-mates like it)

the glue man
03-10-2009, 02:58 AM
Southern Sunburn - Bad name

Copernican Shift - Actually kind of a cool name. It's interesting and different

Kings Row - This one sounds kind of generic

The Dominoe Theory - This is alright, but you could say "The Domino Effect" or something like that instead.

My band's name is The Lorax. Yes, Dr. Suess. Is that really legal? Theo Giesel isn't around anymore to sue us though. What do you guys think? We have a Myspace account with some badly recorded jams.

Adz2706
03-10-2009, 08:17 PM
I need a name for an 80s metal/hard rock band. Like, Skid row, GnR, Whitesnake etc. :)

mwhan2209
03-10-2009, 11:42 PM
Ultimate band name...is....

Talent Not Included or TNI.

serious opinions on this for me please

the glue man
03-11-2009, 03:52 AM
I need a name for an 80s metal/hard rock band. Like, Skid row, GnR, Whitesnake etc. :)

"Skid Mark"

"Knives and Dandelions"

"Brownbear"

...I actually kind of like Knives and Dandelions. "K&D"

Heinziz_Baked
03-11-2009, 04:19 AM
Hey ppl,

Look i need a really honest and blunt opinion on my band name, i think it could be WAY better but this is what we ended up with:

Knightblind

???

who thinks its good? who thinks it sucks horse ****? who thinks it could be much better?

i really need opinions cause if i'm gonna change it i need good reason to do so.

Thanks for ur help!!!
Heinziz_Baked is online now Reply With Quote

Ddaydevice13
03-11-2009, 03:54 PM
I just started a band with my buds, was thinking for a name, hows "Black Velvet"?

Ddaydevice13
03-11-2009, 03:57 PM
I just started a band with my buds, was thinking for a name, hows "Black Velvet"?
btw, its a metal band meaning like lamb of god, Children of bodom, metallica, Slayer kind of stuff

ub3r_bassist666
03-12-2009, 04:00 AM
My band REALLY needs a name, we are completely stumped.

Main influences would be Pink Floyd and The Mars Volta. Something Astrology/Astronomy influenced would be sweet.

Any ideas? We've been thinking about this for weeks, & have come up with nothing.

RunninWitDevil
03-12-2009, 11:03 PM
My band REALLY needs a name, we are completely stumped.

Main influences would be Pink Floyd and The Mars Volta. Something Astrology/Astronomy influenced would be sweet.

Any ideas? We've been thinking about this for weeks, & have come up with nothing.
Supernova
Shooting the Stars (maybe better as a song name)
Solar/Lunar Eclipse

Top of my head, plus I just spent 2 hours on an English paper and I haven't fully recovered yet

RunninWitDevil
03-12-2009, 11:04 PM
I'm trying to decide between:
Crystal City
The Contortionist
Chaos Theory

I posted Crystal City in here before, and that's my favorite. But part of me is really leaning towards The Contortionist, because it's like, the only somewhat original name. Because Chaos Theory is a video game and Crystal City is a clothing brand from Johnny Whitney(The Blood Brothers/Jaguar Love)
I posted Theory of Chaos as one of mine a few pages back too. It's just got a nice ring hasn't it?

MetalCro
03-13-2009, 05:50 PM
What do you guys think about this name

Storm of Forgotten Memories

we are a metal band ,thrashy

Ddaydevice13
03-13-2009, 06:27 PM
What do you guys think about this name

Storm of Forgotten Memories

we are a metal band ,thrashy

i like "Forgotten Memories" better, the "storm of" makes it a bit too long and doesn't sound as good

MetalCro
03-13-2009, 06:48 PM
i like "Forgotten Memories" better, the "storm of" makes it a bit too long and doesn't sound as good

yea i thought it is too long too, we will probably use it for a song name

Invokke_Havokk
03-13-2009, 06:49 PM
I have some band names, some I plan to use others I'm willing to let others use if they like (just PM me if you like one of the names ;))

Welcome to my World (WtmW)

World Sin
(just happened to have the word "world" in it, I'm not trying to make a band name with world in it :P thats just how it happened)

Blind Sight

The Anti-Prejudice

Out of Order (I personally hate this one, but my band-mates like it)

Band wants to get our top 5 names picked out this Sunday, so if people could help me make a smaller choice of what I should push personally (I want it to sound good to the audience, not just me) I'd appreciate it.

Ddaydevice13
03-13-2009, 07:45 PM
Band wants to get our top 5 names picked out this Sunday, so if people could help me make a smaller choice of what I should push personally (I want it to sound good to the audience, not just me) I'd appreciate it.

you guys a metal band? if so something like "the perfect sin" could be cool... just popped in my head once i saw sin

Invokke_Havokk
03-13-2009, 07:50 PM
you guys a metal band? if so something like "the perfect sin" could be cool... just popped in my head once i saw sin

We're a pretty broad band, but we do focus on metal and whatever the hell you want to call Rise Against (I've heard Rock/Alt/Punk...from way to many people lol).

I_Ibanez
03-14-2009, 12:59 PM
Does MetalCut sound like a good band name?

We're a Metal band, so if you can think of something better then please tell me.
I think MetalCut sounds like a good band name though.

the glue man
03-15-2009, 04:31 AM
This forum really doesn't help if no one critiques others' band name ideas. Everybody is just trying to get opinions on their band name and not trying to help out anyone else (some of you are of course). If you want ideas for a band name then help out but telling what you think of others' ideas.

Whoever was thinking of "Knightblind," I think that's a stupid name.

RunninWitDevil - Your band name are pretty good. I like Supernova and Solar Eclipse, but I would think that those would be pretty common ideas for a name, maybe something like "Black Supernova" or something. That was just an example btw.

"Storm of Forgotten Memories" is a cool song name, but not a cool band name.

Whoever said BlindSight, that's a cool name IMO. I also like "World Sin" or as someone else said "Perfect Sin." Or it could be "Big Sin" or something like that.

MetalCut is a bad band name. haha, I like "PaperCut" slightly better. Or how about "Laceration"? Or "Severed". Just think of synonyms.

These are all just my opinion btw, I feel like I'm being harsh but that's honesty and how I would want people to critisize me.

What do you guys think of "the LORAX"? My friend and I thought of it and thought it was funny, but people wouldn't really know what to expect out of us musically with a name like that, which is the kind of music we play. They'd think it was interesting or just laugh at us.

Invokke_Havokk
03-15-2009, 04:46 AM
Whoever said BlindSight, that's a cool name IMO. I also like "World Sin" or as someone else said "Perfect Sin." Or it could be "Big Sin" or something like that.

What do you guys think of "the LORAX"? My friend and I thought of it and thought it was funny, but people wouldn't really know what to expect out of us musically with a name like that, which is the kind of music we play. They'd think it was interesting or just laugh at us.

I would personally think Dr. Suess, then wonder what the hell kind of music you play, proceed to listen to a song or two, then decide from there if I like it.

It's quite intrig..er... (1:41am, can't spell intriguing...<wait....) but it's not really one of those 'catching' names that people would remember.

To me (personally) names that are simple and obscure are easy to remember, especially if you can relate to said word(s).

Slipknot - To be its not an intriguing name, however they are one of my favorite bands, I would not have given the band a look however if I wasn't reccommended by my cousin. The name is just too bland for my tastes.

Trivium - To me, this is actually an intriguing name. I'm not a huge fan of their music (I like Suffocating Sight...) I wouldn't have found that song if the name had no intrigued me.

However everyones tastes are different, and not everyone relates Lorax to Dr. Suess, so it may intrigue people.

However "The Lorax" sounds really bland by itself, maybe try to fit an adjective between the two words?

the glue man
03-15-2009, 05:06 AM
Hmm, yeah that's a good idea. Don't know why I didn't think of that haha. I always try to think of interesting, obscure words but they're either really corny or already taken when I do a search.

I tend to think that names like "Nirvana", "Sublime", and "Black Sabbath" are pretty awesome. "Trivium" is even a pretty cool sounding band name, even though I don't like the band.

Oh another thing about "The Lorax", would it even be legal to be named after something that's quite well known? I can't think of any bands that are directly named after movies or books and whatnot. I know of a lot of song names but not just just names. I would assume that it is.

Invokke_Havokk
03-15-2009, 05:30 AM
Oh another thing about "The Lorax", would it even be legal to be named after something that's quite well known? I can't think of any bands that are directly named after movies or books and whatnot. I know of a lot of song names but not just just names. I would assume that it is.

Can you even copyright a name of a book? :confused:

I think the reason you can't find a band named directly after a movie/book is because of the confusion it may cause.

Could you imagine going to see Harry Potter? ... no not the movie, the band!

See where the confusion would lie? (just used Harry as an example....) so I'd assume its something artists would want to avoid.

Although I don't know if its legal/illegal...so...yah... <.< I wasn't much help on that part... :(

Band narrowed it down to Blind Sight, World Sin, Utter Chaos (ew...), and some other name our drummer mentioned and no one remembers the name....except our drummer... I feel bad :p:

the glue man
03-15-2009, 04:42 PM
I like Blind Sight the best out of all of those names. World Sin 2nd, and I don't like Utter Chaos, it reminds me of a cow with bad mammary glands.

And about my band name, I see your point. haha. I guess we'll try finding an adjective to add in front/behind of it.

"The Queer Lorax"
"The Lorax Theory"

Those are examples, I don't really like any serious ones I can think of. I guess we'll have to settle with something else. Poo

Ddaydevice13
03-15-2009, 04:52 PM
ok, since the glue man said "the perfect sin" was good, and i mentioned it... I guess I'll tell my band bout it and see what they think..

Invokke_Havokk
03-15-2009, 04:54 PM
I like Blind Sight the best out of all of those names. World Sin 2nd, and I don't like Utter Chaos, it reminds me of a cow with bad mammary glands.

And about my band name, I see your point. haha. I guess we'll try finding an adjective to add in front/behind of it.

"The Queer Lorax"
"The Lorax Theory"

Those are examples, I don't really like any serious ones I can think of. I guess we'll have to settle with something else. Poo

The Lorax is an abstract name, find an abstract adjective? One that can somewhat explain what type of music your band plays (just hint at it a little bit) and inspire curiosity.

Our band went with World Sin, however we may change over to Blind Sight (or "In Blind Sight").

The fact that the name has "sin" may be like how "deviant Art" is 'looked down upon' just because of the name.

We figure there can't be much reason to hate on the name Blind Sight.... unless you're blind xD

Benedek
03-15-2009, 06:06 PM
Hi,

Our band's name is SOLD FOR TOMORROW.

How do YOU like it?

Thanks for your opinion :-) !

I_Ibanez
03-15-2009, 06:54 PM
MetalCut is a bad band name. haha, I like "PaperCut" slightly better. Or how about "Laceration"? Or "Severed". Just think of synonyms.

lol i couldn't think of anything better that wasn't taken, Laceration sounds cool so I'll try to think of other names like that. Thanks for your opinion.

Ddaydevice13
03-15-2009, 07:40 PM
Hi,

Our band's name is SOLD FOR TOMORROW.

How do YOU like it?

Thanks for your opinion :-) !
ehhh, i don't like it. just doesn't sound good to my ears, btw, what kind of band are you?

Invokke_Havokk
03-15-2009, 07:41 PM
Going to have to agree with Ddaydevice, doesn't sound to good to me either.

Benedek
03-16-2009, 07:41 PM
We're playing acoustic rock, punk, pop, indie and a bit blues. Two of us with two guitars.

I'm not english (I'm hungarian), can you tell me why does it sound bad to you? Furthermore I'd be glad if you could suggest one which sounds better ;-)!

Thank you in advance!

the glue man
03-16-2009, 10:31 PM
I don't know if it's just me, Benedek, but the name doesn't really make sense. Like: Why is something sold for tomorrow? haha.

What about "Benedek"?

--{matt}--
03-17-2009, 04:09 PM
Since my other post wasnt answered.......
Which is the best name for a Christian hardcore band?

Up Against the Ropes

Rise Above

Above the Ashes

Reinventing Your Exit

Or any other suggestions?? :cheers:

duaumun
03-17-2009, 04:12 PM
"sold for tomorrow"
I think it would be a great song name, but not a band name. It has too much of a theme/idea associated with it IMHO.

MetalCro
03-17-2009, 05:09 PM
Since my other post wasnt answered.......
Which is the best name for a Christian hardcore band?

Up Against the Ropes

Rise Above

Above the Ashes

Reinventing Your Exit

Or any other suggestions?? :cheers:

Above the Ashes sounds good

MetalCro
03-18-2009, 07:45 AM
can you guys tell me what you think about this name *im not english

Hazard Storm

or something with hazard....or storm in it =)
thanks in advance

Baba O'Riley
03-18-2009, 01:27 PM
^^^ I second Above the Ashes.

What type of band is Hazard Storm supposed to be?

I_Ibanez
03-18-2009, 03:52 PM
Which band name sounds better? Demented, Demented-X, Dramatized (or Drawatized lol) Blackened, Darkened, and my favorite, Wakeless.

Should i go with the band name Wakeless? Sounds like a great name.

Edit: Do not use these band names, when i get an official singer I'm going to use one of these names.

MetalCro
03-18-2009, 04:59 PM
^^^ I second Above the Ashes.

What type of band is Hazard Storm supposed to be?

metal, thrash mostly

hamartia
03-18-2009, 07:38 PM
My Friend Said We Should Call Our Band Bite The Bagel And Was Dead Serious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thats Retarded

Ddaydevice13
03-18-2009, 07:44 PM
metal, thrash mostly

when i first read the name it sounded like a punk band to me at first, why don't you just call it "Hazard" its more simple and "Hazard Storm" sounds a bit mehh just doesn't go well together

fila_93
03-19-2009, 09:57 AM
Damn, I'm desperate for a band name. We play classic rock and some metal aswell. We also play some slow songs. Any good suggestions? :)

HeavyReverb
03-19-2009, 04:42 PM
For an Alt-rock/Indie band how about the Dynamics?

The Fret-Dancer
03-19-2009, 09:23 PM
Me and some guys are forming an alternative band. The only thing we've come up with is the Spades Revival Project. Any thoughts or ideas?

Invokke_Havokk
03-19-2009, 09:28 PM
Me and some guys are forming an alternative band. The only thing we've come up with is the Spades Revival Project. Any thoughts or ideas?

The name doesn't sound very good to me. :(

Is there a band named "The Project" or "The (add noun) Project"? if you get pretty creative (but not way to weird..) you may be able to find a good name out of that. :)

I generally make a song (or a few) and listen to them, let the lyrics and music speak to you to let you know which noun/adjective to use.

"Then Galaxies Collide" has music from many styles cramped into an Alt. Rock style of playing, and their name aptly suits their music. It sounds like 'galaxies' (in this case, genres of music) are colliding.

It's a pretty good name IMO, and compliments their music,

I_Ibanez
03-19-2009, 10:53 PM
Nobody replied to my last post so...

Do you think Wakeless sounds like a good band name? I'm making a Metal band, I'm still looking for a good singer and i think i have an official drummer so we're just starting.

fila_93
03-20-2009, 11:52 AM
Damn, I'm desperate for a band name. We play classic rock and some metal aswell. We also play some slow songs. Any good suggestions? :)
Anyone?

Anghellic
03-20-2009, 02:57 PM
Okay, so my band finally came up with a band... But it seems like someone already took that url for his band on myspace. However, the actual page is completely empty and it doesn't seem like he's logged on since he created the page. My band is ready to start playing some shows under this name. Do you guys think I should just go for it, or should we keep looking for a new name?

Monolith295
03-20-2009, 03:26 PM
^ take his name

Which name's better for a brutal death metal band, Bloodshot or Infecting the Crypts?

Ddaydevice13
03-20-2009, 06:36 PM
^ take his name

Which name's better for a brutal death metal band, Bloodshot or Infecting the Crypts?

Bloodshot sounds pretty cool

shuggy
03-20-2009, 11:29 PM
What would be best name for Blackened Death Metal band
Arcana
Dissension
Empyrean

Or suggest any better ones :>

Monolith295
03-21-2009, 01:42 PM
Dissension or Empyrean

MuseofStuff
03-21-2009, 04:18 PM
Hey, anybody know if "Derelict" is taken yet? Just askin...

whiteraven119
03-21-2009, 06:42 PM
Is there an unwritten rule against using a name that seems to already be "taken" (like, there's an existing Myspace or Purevolume account for that name) but isn't a big deal?

Invokke_Havokk
03-21-2009, 07:08 PM
Is there an unwritten rule against using a name that seems to already be "taken" (like, there's an existing Myspace or Purevolume account for that name) but isn't a big deal?
My general rule is if they don't have a demo in their name, or aren't very widely known, and aren't in your area. It's ok.

If you want to use "Pizza" for your band name, but theres a "Pizza" in your town/city. Don't.

If they aren't in your city - how big of a fanbase do they have? (Bands wont be big without any music! So this basically means "do they have any songs")

If yes, if its a SMALL fan base (you be the judge of small..) then:

Do they have a demo out? - If they have a demo, they may become known... this is generally where I back off from a name. This has only happened to me twice. :p:

I_Ibanez
03-21-2009, 10:30 PM
Can someone tell me if Wakeless sounds like a good band name? I'm thinking about using that name for our band.

Invokke_Havokk
03-21-2009, 11:00 PM
Can someone tell me if Wakeless sounds like a good band name? I'm thinking about using that name for our band.

Eh, it sounds... alright.

Not bad, but not too good.

HeavyReverb
03-21-2009, 11:09 PM
Any opinions on The Dynamics for alt rock/post blues band? Inluences: RHCP, Hendrix, Rolling Stones, Biffy Clyro, Whiter Stripes

Invokke_Havokk
03-22-2009, 12:58 AM
Any opinions on The Dynamics for alt rock/post blues band? Inluences: RHCP, Hendrix, Rolling Stones, Biffy Clyro, Whiter Stripes

The Dynamics sounds... alright, but I feel its missing something.

Comments on this name:

Misanthropy (Haven't checked to see if it's taken)

Sami Philadelph
03-22-2009, 03:08 AM
Speed Metal/Early Bay Area Thrash/80's Heavy Metal band...

Any suggestions?
Must be Two Words,with the 2nd word being a noun.

>.> I'm desperate.

MuseofStuff
03-22-2009, 01:04 PM
Flying Golden Fist!

StratoWizard
03-22-2009, 01:22 PM
guies I need help to find a name for my ska punk band.
Most of our songs are meant to chill out, to listen while looking at the sun, I think you get the picture. :P
We have also faster, more harcore-ish songs.

Thanks in advance ! :D

I_Ibanez
03-22-2009, 02:55 PM
I might go with the band name Wakeless, not sure.

Can anyone think of a better one for me? It has to be one word, around 8 letters (like Metallica, Slipknot) and it has to fit a Metal band (like slipknot lol i love slipknot)
So can you think of a better name? Give any suggestions on how to make a name like Slipknot? Any help would be great.

guitarist2013
03-22-2009, 10:28 PM
Anybody think default is a good name for a modern rock band?

metalxshredder
03-22-2009, 10:30 PM
what do you think of the name Heart Malfunction for a metal/metalcore band?

guitarist2013
03-22-2009, 10:38 PM
what do you think of the name Heart Malfunction for a metal/metalcore band?

I think it is good....but i would use a shorter word than malfunction....like "Flawed Heart" or something

MacFamousKid
03-22-2009, 11:25 PM
My band is currently called Rock Paper Scissors. We like it and when we tell people our name, they seem to agree. It's also very easy to remember. However, we've checked myspace and garageband and there are already bands with that name. We don't want to get mixed in with other Rock Paper Scissors! We might change the name. Some of our ideas are Wiley Post, The Dot Dot Dots, Johnny Law and the Speed Limit, and The Boreals. What do you think?

Sami Philadelph
03-22-2009, 11:28 PM
Anytime someone mentions Malfunction I automatically think Andrew Wood,and to be honest. If anyone views your metalcore band by subconscious association to the original Malfunkshun,they'll be deeply disappointed. With that said,why not.

Heart Malfunction sounds pretty typical of a Metalcore band,not bad IMO,but I don't necessarily listen to enough of the genre to know what the fans want in a name.

anddd...

Speed Limit sounds cool,The ...'s Sounds funny at first,but soon would just be nostalgia to the current generation of myspace kids.

Why not just alter it alittle? Like Rock Paper NUCLEAR ASSAULT WEAPON,lol.

anddd...

Which should I choose?
I'm in a speed metal band.

Suprematra
Supratra
Supratrum
Vilarum
Suprile
Suprirus
Suprorum
Faster Malefactor
Devil Madonna
Killing Reich
Death Threat
In Hell We Rot

MacFamousKid
03-22-2009, 11:39 PM
Thanks for the advice.

I like Killing Reich.

I_Ibanez
03-23-2009, 12:20 AM
I might go with the band name Wakeless, not sure.

Can anyone think of a better one for me? It has to be one word, around 8 letters (like Metallica, Slipknot) and it has to fit a Metal band (like slipknot lol i love slipknot)
So can you think of a better name? Give any suggestions on how to make a name like Slipknot? Any help would be great.

Can someone please reply to the above post? And is it against the rules to quote your older post to move it to the newer posts?
lol I'm newer here, i know almost every rule for normal forums, so i thought it'd be ok to quote myself. I'm not too good at coming up with a good band name (well coming up with a good band name for myself lol) and since i play metal it seems harder, since most band names won't fit metal.

Sami Philadelph
03-23-2009, 12:29 AM
Wakeless is pretty general.
I don't see it as necessarily metal,and if it belonged to a Metal band,I'd assume their music would have Modern,Progressive,or Alternative influences.

schwinginbatman
03-23-2009, 08:03 AM
Our name is Immortal Chaos, however it used to be Damaged Justice, but the bassist changed it because he was afraid Metallica would take legal action (lulz). I prefer Damaged Justice myself.

Benedek
03-23-2009, 03:25 PM
Hi,

THANK YOU for your opinions on "sold fo tomorrow" and sorry for the late reply:-)!

How do you like ACOUSTIC PROJECT? Is it ok without the "The" or just with the the?

Cheers,
Benedek

StratoWizard
03-23-2009, 04:15 PM
Ok what about Silent Sundown ?

Ska/Punk band influented by Sublime, Bad Religion, Slightly Stoopid and the likes :D

Theid
03-23-2009, 05:35 PM
I made a couple that I really like, my band is still kindof deciding, as we recently became a serious band

Here are the ones we are deciding on:

Sorry About Your Couch
The People Your Mother Warned You About
Apoctilyptic Fruit Stand
Sweet Sweet Nightmares
Cookie Jar Culprits
All Seeing Blind Eye
Counter Clockwise

what do you think? I want one that has a meaning kinda like "Mindless Self Indulgence" or somthing but still be unique like "Flogging Molly" somthing like that. Apoctilyptic Fruit Stand stands out but All Seeing Blind Eye and Counter Clockwise have nice meanings you know.

Heres a ****load that I just came up with that I dont think we're going to use.

The Band
Anal Sepage
Avengers
Butt-Loads
Sex Slaves
Dead Romeos
Juliet the Skank
Jackpots
Lie-Cake
Truth-Pie
Male Nurse
The Stairway
Random Band Name
T.I.D. (Ten Inch Dick)
Random Conversationalists
Republican Living in A Democracy
HoboStink
Sprained Ankle of Justice
Retaliation
Unwilling Volunteers
Mustard Gas and Ketchup
(Matter of) Life and Death
The Hunt Kill
Identity of Peaches
The Haze
(Lightning) Storm of the Century
The Scarecrows
Gas Station Sushi
Midnight Moon
Radioactive Rubber Pants
Stalk + Rape
Blind Justice
Flying Squid
Your Mom (the Slut)
Suicide Bombing Muffin Man
Thrashing Lunatics
The Boat
Star Crossed Lovers (* X <3's)
Down Syndrome
Pretty Much Stoned (P.M.S)
To Much Information (T.M.I.)
Marshian Monkeys
Thats What She Said
Green on Thursday
Forgivness
Throttle
Machine of the Mind
Talk English to Me
Daggers in the Dark (this can go with the next one...)
Nine Milimeters in the Night
Beheaded
Milleniull Timebomb
Phantom Fodder
Shmegma

Dont laugh I just wrote down anything and everything that came to mind... I like some of these but I'm not ganna use em so... whatever enjoi!

and bytheway StratoWizard Silent Sundown sounds like a 10star name, one of those ones that can be funny or have a deep meaning.

MetalCro
03-24-2009, 05:01 PM
we are a thrash metal band,
what do you think about a name with word Scorch,
something like Scorcher,
or sth like that, is that stupid? maybe some other ideas ?
thanks in advance =)

eaton1012
03-24-2009, 05:24 PM
I made a couple that I really like, my band is still kindof deciding, as we recently became a serious band

Sorry About Your Couch
Apoctilyptic Fruit Stand
Sweet Sweet Nightmares
Cookie Jar Culprits
All Seeing Blind Eye
Counter Clockwise

Sweet Nightmares
and
Cookie Culprits

Sound cool

Theid
03-25-2009, 05:39 PM
Sweet Nightmares
and
Cookie Culprits

Sound cool

Thank you, I personally like Sweet, Sweet Nightmares because it has sort of a twist on the typical nice little phrase and can have a deeper meaning. We've narrowed it down a bit more and all four of us are leaning towards that.

what do you think about a name with word Scorch,

I think Scorch sounds good for a one word name. I might try to do somthing like "Memories Scorched", somthing like that, or a twist on the word Scorch. Hope that helps even if just a bit.

the glue man
03-26-2009, 04:27 AM
Whoever said "Bloodshots", that's a cool name.

Whoever said "Wakeless", honestly that's a boring name.

"Sweet, Sweet Nightmares" is an awesome name.

Gord@k
03-26-2009, 05:19 PM
My SKA-band is choosing between the names Cassie Eats Cockroaches or Dad does Crack.

Which one do you think is the best?

thewho68
03-27-2009, 12:09 AM
I just got the idea of naming my metal band "****ing Angry People" or "****ing Angry Pirates". The main idea was to have the anagram be F.A.P. What do you think?

Symmetry4321
03-27-2009, 05:22 AM
The F.A.P idea is cool but maybe if you made more clever, maybe thrree words describing fapping then it would work really well. Band names with swearing in them just don't do it for me. I am sorry.

LexxyThirteen
03-28-2009, 01:29 AM
My drummer and I were thinking up names one day and came up with;

[.] Point of Impact
[.] In Defiance
[.] Forever 'till Yesterday
[.] Let's Make A Deal

I'm pretty sure Point of Impact is taken, but whatever.
Opinions?

(Rock/ alternative/ punk rock)

skwelcher
03-29-2009, 09:46 PM
I've got a band name some one can use: Metal Salad. it even comes with a logo: http://i591.photobucket.com/albums/ss357/skwelcher/metalsalad.jpg

skwelcher
03-29-2009, 09:51 PM
Speed Metal/Early Bay Area Thrash/80's Heavy Metal band...

Any suggestions?
Must be Two Words,with the 2nd word being a noun.

>.> I'm desperate.
myocardial infarction (means heart attack)

The Fret-Dancer
03-30-2009, 07:12 PM
What do you think of Red Light Child for a hard rock kind of sleaze rock band.

slashNpage77
03-30-2009, 09:38 PM
the obvious choice for any starting band is "The Crusty Nuns," i don't know what else you need

the glue man
03-31-2009, 12:25 AM
My drummer and I were thinking up names one day and came up with;

[.] Point of Impact
[.] In Defiance
[.] Forever 'till Yesterday
[.] Let's Make A Deal

I'm pretty sure Point of Impact is taken, but whatever.
Opinions?

(Rock/ alternative/ punk rock)

1. Alright
2. I know two big bands with the word "Defiance" in it. "Defiance, Ohio" and "Defiance" here from Portland
3. Okay name I guess, I wouldn't choose it though
4. No.

ratmblink123
03-31-2009, 12:56 AM
How's the name Quitter for an Alternative Rock band?

eaton1012
03-31-2009, 12:37 PM
How's the name Quitter for an Alternative Rock band?
Sounds like a emo band name.

Bubbles203
03-31-2009, 04:23 PM
How does Fishing For Rabbits sound for an alternative/electronic/metal/rock band?

Random idea my friend came up with... Confuses me, but hey.

Baba O'Riley
04-01-2009, 06:35 PM

Sorry About Your Couch
Apoctilyptic Fruit Stand
Sweet Sweet Nightmares
Cookie Jar Culprits
All Seeing Blind Eye
Counter Clockwise

Definitely Counter Clockwise. I would use The People Your Mother Warned You Abut and Sorry About Your Couch for album titles.

Ddaydevice13
04-01-2009, 09:48 PM
my friend asked me to find a good band name for him, its a classic rock/hard rock band, basically ac/dc, guns N roses, some metallica please help me help him

NckSprks
04-02-2009, 11:22 PM
Lookin for a band name for a kind of soul/Christian/alternative band. We've got The Beatles, U2, Zeppelin, The Hold Steady, and David Crowder Band and Chris Tomlin as influences. Any help would be great!

johnsmith175
04-03-2009, 03:56 PM
imo my band's name is the best, bcos i thought of it ^^

GESADIAH

(go eat sh!t and die in a hole)

johnsmith175
04-03-2009, 03:59 PM
Definitely Counter Clockwise. I would use The People Your Mother Warned You Abut and Sorry About Your Couch for album titles.

agreed onthe name choice, the others just arent punch enough for a band's name, i think like 3-4 words is the limit..

dullsilver_mike
04-04-2009, 06:58 PM
hey bandleading forum, my new band is looking for a name and I seem to be the only one coming up with ideas:

Comments and preferences on these?

Tangled Bank
Household Gods
Tenth muse
Visions of Excess
Surveyor
Stranger things
new cliche

I'm new to this whole naming thing and reading back through this thread for pointers, but please include commentary on why something is good or bad if you have the time, that will help me refine my new ideas :)

edit* If it helps, I should say that it's a fairly dynamic alt rock group, everything from acoustic to higher gain stuff, we don't really break into metal or anything like that.

ncfencer
04-04-2009, 08:42 PM
Which one? We play a lot of music, mostly alt or modern rock

Noodle Incident
The Inexperience
The Bumping Uglies

dullsilver_mike
04-04-2009, 10:50 PM
My take on it:

Which one? We play a lot of music, mostly alt or modern rock

Noodle Incident Guns and Roses tribute band style name
The Inexperience not clever or catchy
The Bumping Ugliessomewhat clever and fairly catchy--I vote this... actually I really like that

I am an idiot
04-05-2009, 07:00 PM
How about Black Surround?

angusvansantana
04-05-2009, 08:48 PM
How's Capstone for a heavy funk band?

flyin
04-06-2009, 08:12 AM
What about the name "Cross Your Fingers"
or "Dog Days of Summer"
or "Finding Your Feet"
or "Queer the pitch"

idk we play like anything lol

dullsilver_mike
04-06-2009, 06:22 PM
How's Capstone for a heavy funk band?

That works pretty darn well.

What about the name "Cross Your Fingers"
or "Dog Days of Summer"
or "Finding Your Feet"
or "Queer the pitch"

idk we play like anything lol
Don't like any, definately stay away from anything with "your" in it.
Dog days of summer is the best one there, I'd personally just cut it down to "dog days"

dolphinfan2k5
04-06-2009, 06:50 PM
That works pretty darn well.

Don't like any, definately stay away from anything with "your" in it.
Dog days of summer is the best one there, I'd personally just cut it down to "dog days"

Or you could just be the Crazy Dogggz. Three G's one Z.

mybandsuks_15
04-07-2009, 04:02 PM
my band is completely starting over, so we need a new name
so far i've got
"The Sharpest Lives" sorta like a tribute to MCR since they are a huge influince on us
"Moribund Amour" Moribund meaning in a state of or almost dead and amour meaning love or an affair

GrungeRocker29
04-09-2009, 06:53 AM
My band and I need a name, or maybe just some ideas to get us started.
We've been brainstorming for weeks.
We play alternative rock, some post-grunge and some grunge.
Our main influence is probably Bush. Nirvana is also a huge influence.
Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance :cheers:

squintsbasoon
04-09-2009, 01:22 PM
ho about fist funk love junkies

Quam Celerrime
04-10-2009, 02:51 PM
Can someone give opinions on these names?

Neque/Neque
The Least 100 Seconds
The Rizomata Formula

dullsilver_mike
04-10-2009, 05:24 PM
Can someone give opinions on these names?

(1)Neque/Neque
(2)The Least 100 Seconds
(3)The Rizomata Formula

1. People aren't going to get it and are just going to think you're trying to spell neck in a weird way like some kind of late '80s hair band.

2. I don't get how using least there is clever. If I don't get it, most people aren't going to get any special effect out of it and it will just seem weird.

3. Sounds like an electronica project

I like number one the best despite my relatively negative commentary. It's a good band name, but I think you might get quite a bit of misinterpretation.

MetalCro
04-11-2009, 09:23 AM
i saw some suggestions that i like here , we are a metal band, tell me what do you guys think, thanks in advance =)

Retaliation
Blind Justice
Memories Scorched

Thelastenemy
04-12-2009, 03:37 PM
I've been thinking of 'Make me A Martyr' as a band name, but i'm still not too sure about it. =/

Midnight Woffie
04-12-2009, 05:22 PM
So hey, My band's name is currently "SAVIOR" but we are wanting to change the name.
But don't know what to change it to. We have 4 names total, one of them being to keep it SAVIOR.

We are generaly "METAL" but go for wanting to create something new...something that we want to, in the end, be called "MAYHEM-METAL."

So please vote and help us out!

Wanted to post poll but couldn't...so just tell me which ones you like best! Send me a message telling me which you like.

SAVIOR
HaLLowed BlacK
Monstrate
MAYHEM METAL

Thanks a bunch!
-Austin (WoFFie)

timeizprecious
04-13-2009, 06:24 AM
Right our band needs a new name, our current name is Sonar (it's crap)
We play ranging things from The KIllers - When You Were Young to Nirvana - Heart Shaped Box.
Any sugestions welcome

Timothy O.
04-13-2009, 10:27 PM
OK I'm in a heavy metal band and we need a good name. The thing is our drummer (and hopefully, should he accept our offer to join, our bassist) is into really heavy metal (death metal and the like). We're not death metal heavy (we play stuff like Sabbath, Megadeth, Mastodon and Metallica), but I'd like to find a name that's heavy enough to please the death metalheads yet fits the band (I'd rather not call ourselves anything like "Bloodomen" or anything xD).

JohnIsMyName
04-16-2009, 05:29 PM
how's this for Death Metal with a few sludge elements:
Dread

don't steal it!

Declan87
04-16-2009, 06:22 PM
The Headbutts
^
Thats what we're gonna start calling ourselves. What do ye think of it?
We play stuff like the Strokes/Kings of Leon/Arctic Monkeys mostly

Previously went under names such as:
Eddie and the Arsebandits
Team Afro
Ted Friendly and his Friendly Band

Blckspawn
04-16-2009, 09:10 PM
What about "Black Heart Moon" for a Metal Band Name?

Wretched_Spawn
04-17-2009, 05:57 AM
^Cliche
anyway my bands name is Ten Plauges (as in the 10 plauges of Egypt) but i think it's kinda cliched.
I have two other name ideas
Evanglion
and
WinterHeart

Adrunselden
04-17-2009, 06:03 AM
Thoughts on the name "Chainsaw Surgery" or "Chainsaw Brain Surgery"?

If I ever do join a band it is gonna be something like that.

If I have my way it will be a Death Metal band.

zeminion
04-17-2009, 03:39 PM
My band name is just "Radband"
:D

hauntu4ever
04-18-2009, 10:12 PM
NEED A BAND NAME BEFORE TOMORROW

it's a soft rock band, and it needs to be original, need it before 5:00 pm tomorrow :D

Shrub74
04-18-2009, 10:25 PM
^^^^ Soft rock, eh...
You could try... The Octaves?
Statewide?
The Lancers?
Desert?
Highway?
Desert Highway?

I'm pulling crap off the top of my head here, but maybe you could get some inspiration from that.

hauntu4ever
04-18-2009, 11:01 PM
^^^^ Soft rock, eh...
You could try... The Octaves?
Statewide?
The Lancers?
Desert?
Highway?
Desert Highway?

I'm pulling crap off the top of my head here, but maybe you could get some inspiration from that.

Desert and Highway are good :D

Physcosick
04-18-2009, 11:51 PM
NEED A BAND NAME BEFORE TOMORROW

it's a soft rock band, and it needs to be original, need it before 5:00 pm tomorrow :D
How about Before Tomorrow? :D

AwfulHomesick
04-19-2009, 01:09 AM
Haha nice, I like it.

fila_93
04-19-2009, 01:16 PM
Come on guys. A name for a classic/hard rock band! We simply can't come up with one.

metalmouth22
04-19-2009, 10:06 PM
messiah
would that be a good name for a thrash band
i think it sounds pretty cool

hauntu4ever
04-20-2009, 04:57 AM
messiah
would that be a good name for a thrash band
i think it sounds pretty cool

taken (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messiah_(Swiss_band))

oops, didn't c ur post. the person who asked for it already had one, but that's an awesome name, anybody feel free to use it :peace:

Thoughts on the name "Chainsaw Surgery" or "Chainsaw Brain Surgery"?

If I ever do join a band it is gonna be something like that.

If I have my way it will be a Death Metal band.

IMO, that sounds kinda like a cartoon :p: i wouldn't think it would work that well :D

just my opinion :peace:

SAVIOR
HaLLowed BlacK
Monstrate
MAYHEM METAL

HaLLowed BlacK

Kino Chan
04-20-2009, 09:24 PM
Hey. I'm starting a poppunk band. Our general theme is similar to Hangry&Angry (look it up). Ideas? Our working title is sunshine&paradise, which fails since we live in WA

MetalCro
04-21-2009, 03:38 PM
i saw some suggestions that i like here , we are a metal band, tell me what do you guys think, thanks in advance =)

Retaliation
Blind Justice
Memories Scorched

maybe some other ideas ?

hauntu4ever
04-21-2009, 03:42 PM

Retaliation
Blind Justice
Memories Scorched

maybe some other ideas ?

all great ones, i'm leaning towards the last two, but can't decide :D

CGB89
04-22-2009, 05:44 PM
I need help finding a name for an AiC type band. I also want it to work for a GnR type band. Please and thank you, por favor y gracias.

dolphinfan2k5
04-23-2009, 06:12 PM
So my band has been trying to think of a name for months now, and we haven't even really come close to getting a good one. We want it to be meaningful (yeah I know, why am I posting here than).

We like bands likes O.A.R., Goo Goo Dolls, Matchbox Twenty, Fuel, DMB, Jack Johnson, John Mayer, Lifehouse, Rise Against, stuff like that.

Some things that we could maybe incorporate are the fact that we are forced to spread apart during the school year, so something alluding to being pulled apart or something.

Also, a street called 190th is important to us, we could maybe incorporate that.

Any ideas?

hauntu4ever
04-23-2009, 07:23 PM
torn on 190th street
190th torn
division of 190
dismembered
cleaved

just random junk off the top of my head, the first is the best imo :D

scguitarking927
04-23-2009, 07:58 PM
Figured I'd just figure what some of yall could come up with as far as band names go. I'm in a Hard Rock band, kind of like GNR, Motley Crue, and Aerosmith mix.

Thanks for the help, hopefully someone can give me a good name.

dolphinfan2k5
04-23-2009, 08:12 PM
torn on 190th street
190th torn
division of 190
dismembered
cleaved

just random junk off the top of my head, the first is the best imo :D

That's a little, umm, idk graphic for what we're looking for. We like softer music.

kashuul
04-23-2009, 09:37 PM
That's a little, umm, idk graphic for what we're looking for. We like softer music.

i got one, dismembered, raped and eaten(in that order) with the reamins thrown in the trash, but the garbage truck doesn't come 'till monday, and it's friday, so i have to wait untill sunday night to take it out to the curb on 190th street

but on a serious note, why is 190th street important?

dolphinfan2k5
04-23-2009, 09:47 PM
but on a serious note, why is 190th street important?

Most of us grew up around it, and we've spent a lot of time on it putting stuff in the road :) Long story lol

kashuul
04-23-2009, 10:07 PM
what kind of stuff did you put in said road?

dolphinfan2k5
04-23-2009, 10:28 PM
what kind of stuff did you put in said road?

Umm, a bundle of swimming noodles, a box of grass, a cardboard guy, a chair asking people to enjoy a nice sit, britney spears album artwork asking people to vote for their favorite, a pink christmas tree, and an assortment of other stuff lol :o

hauntu4ever
04-24-2009, 04:59 AM

o. in that case, i got nothing :D

Umm, a bundle of swimming noodles, a box of grass, a cardboard guy, a chair asking people to enjoy a nice sit, britney spears album artwork asking people to vote for their favorite, a pink christmas tree, and an assortment of other stuff lol :o

lolz a pink christmas tree? awesome :D

kashuul
04-24-2009, 02:17 PM

have a nice sit on 190th street

sounds more like an album title though

MooshMooshMarc
04-24-2009, 04:02 PM
I'm thinking of Acid Barf for my crossover thrash band (think municipal waste meets sick of it all meets slayer)
yay or nay?

XxDethmetalxX
04-24-2009, 07:43 PM
Ok here goes: Chernobyl's Child (after the mutated babies that resulted from the incident), Oklahoma Scout (Oklahoma girl scout murders), Berlin Fall, Bound by Blood
Melodic Death/ Death in kind of an Amon Amarth, Children of Bodom, Demonoid hybrid

hauntu4ever
04-24-2009, 07:52 PM
Ok here goes: Chernobyl's Child (after the mutated babies that resulted from the incident), Oklahoma Scout (Oklahoma girl scout murders), Berlin Fall, Bound by Blood
Melodic Death/ Death in kind of an Amon Amarth, Children of Bodom, Demonoid hybrid

berlin fall might work better as fall of berlin/fallen berlin/fell berlin/berlin fallen :D

i had a few nice death metal names while suggesting for a band up above. they said they played soft music :D

EDIT:
dismembered
cleaved :D

looking back again, not as good as i thought :D

I'm thinking of Acid Barf for my crossover thrash band (think municipal waste meets sick of it all meets slayer)
yay or nay?

nay, doesn't sound right for that :D

3BlindMyceZeke
04-24-2009, 08:37 PM
@MooshMooshMarc: NAY

XxDethmetalxX
04-24-2009, 09:31 PM
@haunted Berlin Fall is a play on words though

kashuul
04-24-2009, 09:51 PM

Oklahoma scout, definately

MooshMooshMarc
04-25-2009, 07:40 AM
Oklahoma scout, definately
yeah. bound by blood sounds like an exodus rip :haha:

†Mike†
04-25-2009, 08:09 AM
My band name is The Mechanical Hound. Do you guys think it's good?

punkforlife93
04-27-2009, 05:55 PM
The Mechanical Hound is...alright. It's too simple for me though.

Right now, our band has the names Major League Xnfidel and As the Observant in our heads. We play some strange stuff, ranging from pop punk to death metal to post rock, but we want some other opinions on our names.

hauntu4ever
04-27-2009, 08:16 PM
@haunted Berlin Fall is a play on words though

ok, don't c it, but still :D

i still vote chernobyl's child, although the other 2 besides berlin fall have grown on me. still don't much like berlin fall, tho :p:

md41
04-27-2009, 10:55 PM
Looking for a good solo acoustic name. I was thinking of something along the lines of "Ballad of a Songwriter", unless that makes a better band name?

PunkRockv2
04-28-2009, 05:20 PM
Which one of these sounds better?

Harlequin and the Harlot

or

Harlequin Harlot

Yeh they are similar but I can't decide which version sound better. Helps please!

Punk_Savage
04-29-2009, 12:03 PM
I just thought of these right now:

Foot Fungus
UPT(Ugly Pizza Toppings)
MTB(Mad Turtle Battalion)

Yeah..........they're pretty lame.......:haha

Bubbles203
04-30-2009, 05:54 PM
Visionary, for a progressive metal/alternative rock/ small amount of punk band with a fairly original sound.... how does it sound?

bfmvrules
04-30-2009, 10:34 PM
What do you like better for a band name?
We are currently "...And take What burns"
but i was wondering if "evangelic" is a better name.
you can check us out at www.myspace.com/andtakewhatburns
we did a quick cover of face down by rja

tankerness
05-01-2009, 11:27 PM
Do any of these names sound alright for a metalcore band?

Repent The Heathen

Dawn Of A New Day

Piercing The Ashen Sky

Behind The Veil

Idk really just some random thoughts...

hauntu4ever
05-02-2009, 12:11 AM
Do any of these names sound alright for a metalcore band?

Repent The Heathen

Dawn Of A New Day

Piercing The Ashen Sky

Behind The Veil

Idk really just some random thoughts...

i wouldn't say for 'core, but if i didn't already have a band name, Dawn of A New Day, Piercing the Ashen Sky, and Behind the Veil would immediately go into consideration. in fact, they're currently in consideration for song names :D

Heagachongoose
05-02-2009, 01:07 PM
how does armacist sound for a band name?

hauntu4ever
05-02-2009, 01:46 PM
@heagachongoose: awesome :p:

hauntu4ever
05-02-2009, 07:23 PM
^rofl

Alex Vik
05-03-2009, 10:35 PM
Our band is stuck between names Headshot and Unsaid. What do you guys think?

guitarheroII
05-05-2009, 04:10 PM
My band is an Alternative/ Progressive/Noise Rock band. We need a good name. Our old name sucks. It was Realtered. I had The name Crooked Lane in mind. Something like that though. PM me if you have a couple.

ub3r_bassist666
05-09-2009, 12:18 AM
What do you guys think of "The Mad-Hatters Tea Party" for a Psychedelic/prog/post rock band?

I'm gonna pitch it to le band later today.

schwinginbatman
05-10-2009, 01:27 AM
Our band is stuck between names Headshot and Unsaid. What do you guys think?
I'd say Unsaid, it has a cooler vibe to me.

Does the name "Odyssey of Man" sound good to you all? It's the first my bassist and I agreed on, but everyone else doesn't seem to really think it's great. The other options are The 7th Mafia, or going back to the original, Damaged Justice.

ledzephed
05-11-2009, 05:21 PM
i need some suggestions for a band name
we had a good one (the jokers) but recently found out it was taken
we play classic rock and grungy stuff too

=w=eeze
05-11-2009, 08:47 PM
My friends band..

Here are the options
Indian Givers

or

Lucky Me
Which one should he choose?

MattAnderson111
05-11-2009, 08:53 PM
Guys.

I'm in a deathcore band, kind of As Blood Runs Black/All Shall Perish...

So right now we have 2 names up for thought.

What we call Redemption
The Art of Chaos

So which one is better?

kashuul
05-11-2009, 10:39 PM
Guys.

I'm in a deathcore band, kind of As Blood Runs Black/All Shall Perish...

So right now we have 2 names up for thought.

What we call Redemption
The Art of Chaos

So which one is better?

What we call Redemption.

But anyway, i'm trying to think of a name for hard rock/metal band. my other guitarist seems to be set on Triggerlock, but i've been thinking Thoughtcrime, or Doublethink.

Alex Vik
05-12-2009, 05:10 AM
Does the name "Odyssey of Man" sound good to you all? It's the first my bassist and I agreed on, but everyone else doesn't seem to really think it's great. The other options are The 7th Mafia, or going back to the original, Damaged Justice.
I like Odyssey of Man.

Johnny_Ibanez
05-12-2009, 11:12 AM
What we call Redemption.

But anyway, i'm trying to think of a name for hard rock/metal band. my other guitarist seems to be set on Triggerlock, but i've been thinking Thoughtcrime, or Doublethink.

Triggerlock? What The Deuce? Like a health and safety device to prevent you accidentally shooting stuff up? Where's the hard rock in that?

I like the idea of 1984 refs. Maybe those ones are a bit of an obvious tip-of-the-hat. I think if you're going to reference something as well-known as 1984, you need to be a little more obscure. Maybe The Proles (I'd be surprised if that hasn't already been taken), or just Syme (he was the guy that was vapourised for being too intelligent).

Also remember, the fewer letters are in your name, the bigger your name will look on the posters.

Josh_brewer
05-12-2009, 11:50 AM
My bands name is Feast of the Crows

kashuul
05-12-2009, 02:24 PM
Triggerlock? What The Deuce? Like a health and safety device to prevent you accidentally shooting stuff up? Where's the hard rock in that?

I like the idea of 1984 refs. Maybe those ones are a bit of an obvious tip-of-the-hat. I think if you're going to reference something as well-known as 1984, you need to be a little more obscure. Maybe The Proles (I'd be surprised if that hasn't already been taken), or just Syme (he was the guy that was vapourised for being too intelligent).

Also remember, the fewer letters are in your name, the bigger your name will look on the posters.

lol yeah the thing you put on your guns, i'm not really sure about it.

And i was actually surprised someone picked up on the 1984 refrences, but yeah i might find something a little more obscure.

skittle_eater
05-14-2009, 03:45 PM
my band plays pop rock/pop punk music and we're trying to come up with a name. we'd like to use an acronym for SYS or SS because we have a really cool idea for what we want to do with that. if you have any ideas, let me know.. here's the few things we came up with.

Save Yourself
Shoot Your Survivors
Say You're Sorry

Shoot Your Savior(s)?

tajukage-bunshi
05-18-2009, 08:37 AM
In a dilemma!
Fistful of Riots
or
The Last of the Vacant.

TMF128
05-18-2009, 09:41 PM
Okay, I STILL don't have a band name.

Heres the deal.

My band plays punk rock, similar to NOFX, Zebrahead, Lagwagon, and Rancid. Our lyrics are usually serious, and are talking about something we are angry about. Some are serious but are just made up things, and we do a few stupid songs (we have a 5 second song called "Bob Saget".)

Pick a name you think would be fitting.

I like names that are abbreviated phrases (like T.S.O.L.,) and names that are very general, and aren't specifically saying something. Please avoid having "The" band names."

I would appreciate the help. All the band names I come up with don't give me that feeling that says "good band." One of them was an abbreviation for "F-Zero GX" (FZGX,) that has no significance, and another one was "No Offense," but it sounded too much like "NOFX," and can confuse people.

Bimpy666
05-20-2009, 03:20 AM
Me and my band can’t make up our minds we play like alternative and hard rock. We’ve come down to Damned Outrageous Behaviour, or Drive By Crucifixion

TMF128
05-20-2009, 04:24 PM
^I would go with Damned Outrageous Behaviour.

kashuul
05-20-2009, 10:41 PM
okay, i got some more

Malquoted, Common Disregard, or Iron Capped Panda(this one is kind of a joke though)

ncfencer
05-22-2009, 07:01 PM
Need a name, we have a few, we play all types of rock
Red Handed
Kunkle
Knuckle
Folly
The uncut
any of those any good?

thkiddavid
05-22-2009, 07:03 PM
Hey everyone, I started a new band in February...I called it "Redemption", my genre is rock and I know there is already a heavy metal/thrasher band called redemption.....is it ok to call my band Redemption still?

ncfencer
05-22-2009, 07:05 PM
as long as they don't sue

Copaman
05-22-2009, 07:15 PM
I've had a few names in my head as of late... I'd like opinions. We play mostly pop-punk.

Uninfinite 11
Never Depressed
The Drop-off
Cuban Missile Crisis
Just Making Sure
Who Said What? (Not sure if that is too reminiscent of Right Said Fred)
And Ever

Zane Chaos
05-23-2009, 06:05 PM
Ok, this is the name we're probably gonna use, but can you guys rate it, 1 being the worst and 10 being the best

-->Dyed Red<--

Copaman
05-23-2009, 09:09 PM
^ 7.5 ^

A nice name, but I don't know what you're into, so I don't know how well it fits your style.\

Would you mind rating mine?

hauntu4ever
05-24-2009, 11:07 PM
ok, i already have a band name (Angel of Flame, and i just owned you :D), but can somebody suggest other possibilities for a band attempting to sound like Nightwish crossed with 80's DT, with some Power Metal influence and lots of fantasy? thanks :D

Sound_Garden_X
05-25-2009, 12:07 AM
To Copaman: The Drop-off would be a cool punk name.

As for mine we've decided to go with "The Stalking Butlers"

Flux'D
05-25-2009, 12:37 AM
Trying to come up with a name for the Southern Metal band we formed a few weeks back. We've got a sound similar to Alabama Thunderpussy but with some Crooked X mixed in as well haha. Here's some ideas we came up with and are open to other ones!

1. Corpse of the Saint (Personal Favorite)
2. Til' Death be Burdened
3. Pigeon Valley
4. The Rope Around Her Neck

Zane Chaos
05-25-2009, 08:53 AM
Trying to come up with a name for the Southern Metal band we formed a few weeks back. We've got a sound similar to Alabama Thunderpussy but with some Crooked X mixed in as well haha. Here's some ideas we came up with and are open to other ones!

3. Pigeon Valley
4. The Rope Around Her NeckI'm really loving the second one

hauntu4ever
05-25-2009, 07:00 PM

3. Pigeon Valley
4. The Rope Around Her Neck

3 is the best. 1 sounds a bit blackish and 2 is a bit doomy and 4 is a nice name for a gothic death hybrid :D

Metal_Hed_23
05-25-2009, 11:50 PM
what do you guys like better?
Subliminal Propaganda
Frankie From the streets (inside joke)
Kicking the innocent

schwinginbatman
05-26-2009, 07:45 AM
Which of these two are better?
Odyssey of Man
Image of Fate

ncfencer
05-26-2009, 07:15 PM
^ Odyssey of Man

Metal_Hed_23
05-26-2009, 10:50 PM
Answer Me

hauntu4ever
05-27-2009, 07:35 AM
^Subliminal Propaganda

schwinginbatman
05-27-2009, 06:25 PM
^Subliminal Propaganda
this.

skwelcher
05-28-2009, 08:28 PM
how bout sea of obscurity for a band name

Theid
05-29-2009, 05:28 PM
how bout sea of obscurity for a band nameSounds good, I don't think I like the obscurity part so much though... it's good but I think you could find somthing a bit better.

I was thinking of Edge of Sanity as a band name, the only thing is occasionally I'll hear somthing from somewhere and later I'll think that I thought of it myself, somthing that may just be in my sub concious so I think this may be another one of those moments and I could be stealing someone elses idea... I googled it and the only thing I saw was some norwegian band that is broken up by now... how do you like the name? do you think I should use it?

rudesill
05-29-2009, 09:53 PM
Estrogen Injection ... any thoughts?

nacho_man_182
05-31-2009, 05:01 AM
Is it misogynistic to be called "Dirty Face Mary"?

Another bassist
05-31-2009, 11:41 AM
Sounds good, I don't think I like the obscurity part so much though... it's good but I think you could find somthing a bit better.

I was thinking of Edge of Sanity as a band name, the only thing is occasionally I'll hear somthing from somewhere and later I'll think that I thought of it myself, somthing that may just be in my sub concious so I think this may be another one of those moments and I could be stealing someone elses idea... I googled it and the only thing I saw was some norwegian band that is broken up by now... how do you like the name? do you think I should use it?

Sounds like a good name to me :D

what do you guys think about the name Sunset Heroes? We're in SoCal by the beach and play acoustic/alternative rock.

Comrade Curry
05-31-2009, 01:28 PM
How about The Know? Zeppelin style lineup music from late 60's to mid 80's

ncfencer
05-31-2009, 05:06 PM
not using it, but Accidental Secretions would be an amazing name

memnomic
06-01-2009, 05:23 AM
What do you think of the band name Beholder? We play metal and it has somewhat of a deeper meaning than it sounds

hauntu4ever
06-01-2009, 07:43 AM
^i like it :D

Baba O'Riley
06-01-2009, 01:03 PM
Estrogen Injection ... any thoughts?
Errr... no.
Is it misogynistic to be called "Dirty Face Mary"?
I wouldn't go with it.
How about The Know? Zeppelin style lineup music from late 60's to mid 80's

Makes me think of a ska band personally.

Comrade Curry
06-01-2009, 02:46 PM
Makes me think of a ska band personally.

Hmm, ok.

P.S. The Who kicks ass

wardyh
06-02-2009, 12:06 PM
whats a cool abbreviation to use for a band name? something like M.I.A or D.O.A, but i think they're taken. if not, how about..

stacked actors, or stacked dead actors (yeah ripped off the foos song)
lusty glaze
concubine

we're rock/indie/alternative

Flux'D
06-02-2009, 02:26 PM
^
Missing In Action?
Dean of America? (Dean Owners Club)

Sry, that screamed at me when I read that :p:

Thought of a few new names last night, they all kinda follow the same thing
-Silence the Sun (or Son)
-Silence October
-Silent October (Swinging on this one atm)

lt22
06-04-2009, 02:20 PM
Random Idea here!

So me and my friend who co-founded our band were thinking of band names and here are some good ways to find them:

1. REFERENCE - Name your band after a song or album from an artist that influenced you a lot or that you really like. Plenty of bands have done this. Or make a reference to history, movies, etc.

2. Name your band after an inside joke between you and some/all of your fellow bandmates

3. Go through the dictionary until you find a really awesome word and use it. Or looking through books that use lots of big words, haha

Anyway those have probably all been said before... but now for our mastermind scheme xD

So who knows if this would work, but we figured what we would do is this:

1. Come up with a random acronym
2. Don't tell people what it means
3. Set up a website/forum where fans can discuss what the acronym might stand for (this only works once you get a fairly large and/or dedicated fanbase)
4. Pick the coolest name on the forum to be the name

It's genius! xD and lazy too... haha.

hauntu4ever
06-04-2009, 03:36 PM
Random Idea here!

So me and my friend who co-founded our band were thinking of band names and here are some good ways to find them:

1. REFERENCE - Name your band after a song or album from an artist that influenced you a lot or that you really like. Plenty of bands have done this. Or make a reference to history, movies, etc.

2. Name your band after an inside joke between you and some/all of your fellow bandmates

3. Go through the dictionary until you find a really awesome word and use it. Or looking through books that use lots of big words, haha

Anyway those have probably all been said before... but now for our mastermind scheme xD

So who knows if this would work, but we figured what we would do is this:

1. Come up with a random acronym
2. Don't tell people what it means
3. Set up a website/forum where fans can discuss what the acronym might stand for (this only works once you get a fairly large and/or dedicated fanbase)
4. Pick the coolest name on the forum to be the name

It's genius! xD and lazy too... haha.

#3 was how i got my name :D and the last one is awesome, you can just use this thread or make a new one :D

SquirrelJonGoff
06-06-2009, 04:34 PM
hmm, random one just popped into my head.. (well actually im listening to waking the demon)

From The Nightmare? or a diffferent word in the middle, From A Nightmare, From This Nightmare
etc..

ncfencer
06-06-2009, 06:05 PM
^From Your Nightmare maybe?

ncfencer
06-06-2009, 06:07 PM
what do you guys like better?
Subliminal Propaganda
Frankie From the streets (inside joke)
Kicking the innocent

Frankie From the Streets

SquirrelJonGoff
06-06-2009, 06:19 PM
^From Your Nightmare maybe?

from your nightmareS?
oor through nightmares

DrBlowThingsUp
06-07-2009, 08:54 AM
walking hawking!

Timothy O.
06-07-2009, 08:12 PM
One of these days I'd like to start an alternative/indie style band (stuff like The Shins, Franz Ferdinand, The Wombats, MGMT, Interpol, Vampire Weekend, etc.).

How does the name Don't Panic sound for something like this?

Pyrotechie
06-07-2009, 08:45 PM
One of these days I'd like to start an alternative/indie style band (stuff like The Shins, Franz Ferdinand, The Wombats, MGMT, Interpol, Vampire Weekend, etc.).

How does the name Don't Panic sound for something like this?
Sounds like a tribute band to the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

TDG Tabs
06-08-2009, 03:58 PM
ok, im in a band and we cant think of a name, so i came up with some and tell me what you guys think. our genre is metalcore/screamo/post-grunge.

1. Symphony For Crows
2. Three Sided Glass
3. BurnedAlive
4. Overdone

DiveRightIn63
06-08-2009, 04:43 PM
my band plays pop rock-styled music, eg. Bayside (new and their reeeally old stuff), New Found Glory, etc etc. we can't come up with a band name... ideas?

hauntu4ever
06-08-2009, 05:05 PM
ok, im in a band and we cant think of a name, so i came up with some and tell me what you guys think. our genre is metalcore/screamo/post-grunge.

1. Symphony For Crows
2. Three Sided Glass
3. BurnedAlive
4. Overdone

only use #1 if you have an intention of using symphonic instruments :p:

#2 sounds pretty good. maybe better as Progressive, but it should still work :D

#3 is my favorite from the choices. pick that one :D

#4 is probably my least favorite, idk y, just don't like it :peace:

Timothy O.
06-08-2009, 08:25 PM
Sounds like a tribute band to the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Got it from there, yeah xD

I dunno. Thought it kinda fit the style.

XxRustInPeacexX
06-08-2009, 08:43 PM

1. Symphony For Crows
2. Three Sided Glass
3. BurnedAlive
4. Overdone
i like #1

FakeTalesOfSan
06-08-2009, 08:46 PM
Okay so here's the deal. We (my band) have been brainstorming for a band name. I know there's alot UGers, but bear with me. I wanted it narrowed down to maybe 10 or so then we'll pick from there. So what do you think?

We Are Robots
Bittersweet is Us
Bright Young Things
Bright Lights
The Silent Type
Lied like a Lawyer
Show a little Backbone
We've Hit Autumn
Place Your Bets
Light Shine In
Shady on this Monument
This Elegant Gentleman
Am I Running Out of Lies?
Running From Lions
Vegas Under Fire
Big Light Show
Liar is my Middlename
My Heart, Your Toy
Some Flat Hills
Small Town Wonder
Sparked some Sympathy
Compass Architecture
The Dirge
Feelings Wasted
Do a Pirouette
All in Pleasure
The Executive Decision
off the top of my head
Exploit the Audio
Diversion of the new day
Last Call Days
The Tempers
This Circuit is Short
Days until Tomorrow

Sorry for so many choices. This is gonna be an indie rock band with some pop punk infuences. Think The Academy Is.. meets Arctic Monkeys.

Thegian
06-09-2009, 05:36 PM
Hey guys.

Started a metalcore band last week and we've written 3 songs so far. It isnt strictly a metalcore band ... that's just how our lead guitarist describes the band at the moment. Probably because that's his favorite genre of music to learn.

Working band name is Sharks and Pineapples, we came up with it after arguing about buying paper instead of a laptop, kinda high.

This (http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee246/Rago42/11aeusx.jpg) is a pic, drawn by a friend ... yeh ... just felt like that should be posted.

Any feelings about it? :D Felt like a good idea to ask the only band name topic to get a reaction to the name.